Help needed Adding POIs in NPC systems

Discussion in 'Custom Playfields & Systems' started by Hawkie, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

I am working on some custom maps, and I am having some problems adding the custom POIs.
    The strange thing is that the yaml validates, the POI entry (a single one) is added to the end of all the random POIs as well as first, and i have cut down the POI entry to barebones to check it out. As soon as i add a single custom entry to the Desert template playfield, it loads fine, and everything works, but either there is NO POIs, or there is just a single NPC faction present, even if config says it should be more there.

Does the NPC region affect this in any way if its not set in the playfield yaml?

Strangest thing is that logs shows SSGUI reports it cannot load a couple of the vanilla POIs, but the custom POI is not mentioned in the loading log at all, and ideas or tips? If i am using the POI entry alone, without any other POIs then it loads perfectly

Kassonnade likes this.
  2. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

Ok, i got message from Taelyn, so it seems after the introduction of territories, the POIs if set to faction (Alien for me, as i like to spread out som nasty alien factions). However I found a tag insode the vanilla yaml that interested me, but i cannot find any information about it. The tag is: Territory: False

So who is my hero and gives me some information about this tag and its usage?
    I am hopig it can be used to force a POI to spawn outside its territory, so i can have a few POIs i dont have to repeat for every faction in the yaml files

Maybe @ravien_ff with his wast knowledge leaps in?

Kassonnade likes this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I am definitely not a hero nor do I actually know what that might be. But I can think about this POI Zirax Convoy, which sits 99% of the time in unoccupied Countryside... Just a thought.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

The POI spawning is connected to the Galaxy Territorys
    Not to the Territorys on the Planets

To allow factions on a planet OUTSIDE there Galaxy Territory you have to edit the GalaxyConfig.ecf

Code:
      { Child Territory_1
        Faction: Zirax
        Center: "130, 0, 206"  # LYCoord
        Radius: 75  # in LY
        Other_1: Talon, param1: "0, 0.01"  # prob for Talon spawn at "center, radius"
        Other_2: Alien, param1: "0, 0.001"
        Other_3: Trader, param1: "0, 0.2"
        Other_4: Polaris, param1: "0, 0.02"
        Other_5: Pirates, param1: "0, 0.001"
        Other_6: Civilian, param1: "0, 0.1"
      }

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Hawkie

Hawkie Commander

Thanks again folks. I knew you would rise to the occasion.
    Just want to throw in a little question if you guys have time to answer it. Why is none of this documented?

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

It is documented in the GalaxyConfig.ecf

# Territories > In a given territory, only the POI of the Territory-Faction will be placed. To allow other factions POI use the 'Other_' setting with an ongoing number. You can define the probability from center to edge of the territory!

Germanicus likes this.
  7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I know lots of players like @Hawkie , myself and others would greatly benefit to have some of the old FAQ updated.

And maybe we could have some information regarding the fate of the SolarSystemGenerator which is included in the game now but was not made to work with Galaxy config ?

johnietoth1967 likes this.
  8. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Currently there no plans to make it work

Kassonnade likes this.
  9. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok thanks.

I can see Gas Giants have been included in the solarsystemconfig.ecf of the DefaultMultiplayer scenario, so obviously since these are not in the Solar System Generator this file was made from scratch ?

Can we rely on the format and informations included in this solarsystemconfig.ecf for our own scenarios, while we can still use the Solar System Generator for planet playfields (at least) ?

Is there something to adjust in the GalaxyConfig.ecf if we use a solarsystemconfig.ecf ?

10. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Yes it got partly rebuild with the new stuff

Yes

No not really. You can add new starts to there or set different parameters for things. But its not needed to change

Kassonnade likes this.
  11. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Ok Thanks a lot for speed reply @Taelyn ! :)

Taelyn likes this.