Fixed Addition of Fuel greatly disrupts Center of Mass (clearly more than intentional)

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by TheEthanEffect, Dec 19, 2019.

1. TheEthanEffect

TheEthanEffect Ensign

Loaded up 11.5.3 (2758) and put two fusion cells worth of fuel into my ship. I immediately noticed an extremely significant decrease in turning in my ship (see attached pictures BEFORE and AFTER). Considering weight and volume were on, I decided to check to see if perhaps the weight of the fuel had shifted my center of mass. Toggling on the option to see this made me realize the problem very quickly (see attached pictures EMPTY and FULL). Out of curiosity, I then decided to remove the fuel, which restored the center of mass (see attached picture EMPTYAGAIN). I repeated this experiment with the new small fuel tanks and saw the same results. I then decided to fill the fuel tanks with different kinds of fuel. The results were the same. As you'll notice, the center of gravity is now below the ship itself. This is clearly unintentional. Fuel tank location is directly under the hull blocks I've painted pink in this picture (FUELTANK) just for reference.

For the sake of thoroughness, I also tested this on numerous other SVs, as well as CVs and HVs. This is a universal issue. I should also emphasize this occurs only when weight and volume are on. On normal creative servers, it's not observable.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you try this again in B2759 ? I don't see the CoM move as far as what you show.

3. TheEthanEffect

TheEthanEffect Ensign

Tested across a couple SV, CV, and HV platforms, with both sizes of fuel tanks. Issue seems to be resolved.

Cluascorp likes this.