Admin Npc buildings

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by remeey, Feb 4, 2020.

?

Do you blush ?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2020.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. WTF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. remeey

remeey Commander

Ok so im out of touch with making admin buildings that attack players When I set the poi to admin
    upload_2020-2-4_5-52-48.png

The Poi does not attack players Did something change with the spawners or the npc admin core ?

I know the basic of setting up a admin cored poi Ie: dmg all the blocks i want destroyed , using a pistol .

I guess what i'm really asking is do i have to set all npc spawner/guns/turrets to attack players ? If so that is a lot of work ahead here is a example poi i've created if you help me you can use it for your server or any one can really.

Attached Files:

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you want the POI to attack players, use the NPC Core (Admin) (it's the pink one under the alien blocks).

Set its faction to be Zirax, Polaris, Talon, or Alien, depending on what relations you want players to have with the POI. Alien always attacks players. The admin faction is always friendly to players so a admin faction POI won't attack players. You can still use the admin core with Zirax or Alien though.

3. remeey

remeey Commander

so alien (pink npc core) Set it to alien faction = the building will be admin and npcs will attack players ?

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The building will be faction Alien and its turrets will attack players (and player turrets will attack it), but the whole POI will be indestructible except for what you previously damaged.

Also, if you want the building itself to be "friendly" to players but want to spawn hostile NPCs, you can set up spawners in the POI that spawn NPCs that are of other factions to the POI itself. But none of the turrets will then shoot.

remeey likes this.
  5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

To elaborate on what Ravien said about indestructibility:
    If you're using an admin core, every block will be indestructible. You won't be able to kill the turrets.
    If you take a gun or multitool and take off a few hp of any block and save it with "Save Damage States" checked they will keep their hp levels and as long as a block isn't on full HP, will be destructible when the POI is spawned.
    So you can make select blocks or turrets destructible, but nothing else.

I recommend damaging blocks with the Survival Multitool on Salvage mode.

remeey likes this.
  6. remeey

remeey Commander

Ok thank you for helping me again /cookies to you :D

7. remeey

remeey Commander

Thanks for the info !