Aegis challenge! win steam keys!

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by The Tactician[ Λ ], Apr 1, 2018.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

Starting on April 2nd, and ending on May 1st you will have a chance to win one of 8 steam keys i have of random games.

CONTEST

Take a ship into Rucky's testing scenario here- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1340808407
    go to the Aegis portal named DEATH and spawn in a ship of your choosing. beat the playfield and record it all, show the video here via youtube.

RULES

1) your choice of ship must be size class 20 or below
    2) must have god mode off and not die in issuing combat
    3) your ship must survive at least 1 gun, driver seat
    4) must be recorded via youtube and linked in thread

the first to link vids and followed the rules you will get one of 8 steam keys

rucky likes this.
  2. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Ok yesterday night... well... less than 12 hours ago..... I did the hard one with a level 2 ship....
    I'll give the death one a try after the ships improvements ;)

The Tactician[ Λ ] and rucky like this.
  3. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Level 2? woa... not bad!!!
    even succeeding the Hard one is an achievement! Well done!

I'm interested in the outcome vids!!!

oh and I might add, the video must begin with showing the difficulty screen!

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I have to add one very important point though,
    there are sadly a few bug in the game what makes it difficult to finish it in one go:

The Ghost-Ship-Bug.
    This means one or more Ships will not shoot (but still spawn Drones if they have some) and cannot be shot themselfs, furthermore they are not massive and can be flown through.
    This bug sometimes heals itself (as seen in my 2. Vid).

Nevertheless, it is a must to call you victorious on that scenario, that ALL and ANY NPC Vessel and Base are DEACTIVATED that means white (or purple, see below) and not red still.
    If you still have Ghosts in your playthrough, you have to fly back to the Portal, go through it, then back through the Portal again, then these Ghost ships are massive and can be attacked again. Also the so called Morphing Bug (you get parts of the NPC ship model duct taped on your own vessel) is gone then.
    All (or most?) of the deactivated vessel will show now purple (don't know the reason), the red ones are still red and needs to be still killed (deactivated).

Only when ALL ships and the Base are deactivated you have won the Scenario.

5. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Screw it.. i wont do this a 3rd time.. way too much time...
    Specialy since the scenario told me that i had won...

6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

I'm sorry, scripting isn't fully done yet, therefore actual kills are not checked (I even don't know if it's even possible!!)
    After all it was meant as a "personal" test area not as a Challenge provider ;-)
    So anybody have to play fair for this one...

7. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Its on video, so... you'll see...
    That i have cheated me ammo, as i had no more.
    That i have cheated me food, as i was starving.
    That i have cheated me a vent and a med station, just for the sake of it... (didnt want to 'drown' (no air))

As of now... youtube doesnt claim there's a licensing issue.. so here we go:

Note:
    Starts at about 5mins
    Scenario told me i was done at 1:14:22 or alike...
    I kept searching for the core of the HQ until 1:47... then i really got bored and seen that the scenario asked me to leave... so..... bleh...

Aegis Death:

Ephoie likes this.
  8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

You played only on medium settings only ;-)
    (The challenge does not mention high/hard difficulty, still my Scenario does ;-)
    You had an overmaxed weapons ship, but that isn't against the rules.
    Besides that, good fight!
    TIP: It's not forbidden to spawn in these Vessels and base in Creative prior and check where the Cores are ;-)
    Especially on these big targets it's difficult to find them otherwise as you'd seen.
    (of course you're not allowed to modify the blueprints though ;-)

edit: then you also don't have to spawn in SVs ;-) that's not allowed. You are only allowed to use ONE ship, If thats gone, you have lost. Same if you died.
    But adding some Food is a good Idea, I will do that for the next update!
    PS: I've seen you had added O2 to your ship, but NOT activated your Ventilators ;-)

edit2: I will add some more infos in the PDA about the Forces you will encounter in the next update

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  9. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

I didnt?
    Well i didnt have any o2 issues afterwads either, so it somehow worked

The sv was spawned... well.. to save time... i didnt die, nor was my ship destroyed..
    In the end, there was/is NO difference to the final outcome.

In fact, i was thinking about spawning me some gun or rifle and search the hq 'by foot'.. but i was tired already..

Anyway... to me it was testing my new cv i'll be using as a patrol vessel from a planetary vessel base.
    Thought if i could combine it, the better

And if my cv would not have stoped shooting, the hq would be just a single block by now.. xD

10. The Tactician[ Λ ]

@Sephrajin i loved the fight vs the baikal on your vid nice dodging but ya you can only use 1 ship, no rules tho of breaking off and repairing tho

11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

@The Tactician[ Λ ] I only did that because loose those would have been the real killer if i hadnt to search for the core that is.. ;)

12. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

You have to respect the idea behind this scenario. Regrettably, the rules of the competitions or the game mechanics can only limit this to a limited extent.

It is a combat training to test the conductivity of the ship and the player.
    • a CV fully armed is ok, the class is almost irrelevant as it depends on many factors (for example, the number of objects installed) the required resources and the dimensions provide a better benchmark here
    • The difficulty settings have a massive impact on the scenario and should therefore, according to the scenario, be set to hard
    • And please do not exploit the higher weapon range of the player weapons (especially at the time of the plasma weapons) because then the Screnario gets to clay pigeon shooting
    So get yourself a good fight with the opponents because that's the only way you can find out if your ship and your flight tactics are good. For the latest when you meet PvP opponents this is the only thing that matters.

PS: I find the rule that you can not die inappropriate, because that's what it's all about ... getting back on your feet as fast as possible in order to continue fighting or fleeing. e.g. with several cockpits and Medicstations as spawnpoints ...

13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

This looks like 3rd person steel box shooting with cockpits in the middle. Not for me.

14. The Tactician[ Λ ]

ya no worries man tho it isent i plan to beat this is a ship i like to fly that has windows, the point is to have fun with it, fly what you want, but hey its up to you.

Kassonnade, ASTIC and rucky like this.
  15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

A player can easily tackle the challenge by staying at range and avoid getting surrounded I guess... In that manner, no need to have "walls" all around, just one in front with most weapons there. As can be seen in the video, all weapons in the back of the ship are useless.

16. lochigg

lochigg Commander

Here is my entry (DEATH difficult):

The fight starts at 5 min. 51 minutes later there are no fighting enemies left. The last minutes I was shooting the cores out of the remaining ships. My class 1 CV (0.80) has lost the landing gear, a ramp and an armored door. The ship took me one hour to build only designed to destroy the aegis fleet ;)

I guess the secret of success was the knowledge of enemies weak points. All aegis ships have it's weakness in one single compact fuel/generator section. Destroying the section disables the whole ship. The base was somehow special. Even with destroyed generators the station's (unpowered) turrets were firing at my ship. So I had to reconfigure my weapons array to target the turrets.

Another weakness is the combat system of the game itself ... because all bullets need time to travel trough space and hit their target you have just to dodge all the time. There is a prediction where the target will be in the next few seconds and the AI turrets try to fire in your (straight ahead) movement path . To avoid getting hit just fly circles ... AI can't predict this.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    rucky likes this.
  17. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

Count me in ;-)
    Here is a first taste - it's just the "Hard" Playfield and unfortunately the AEGIS cruiser is bugged, but it only takes about 9min (start of the fight is at 08:30)

I'm looking forward to "Death" because I already know that I get neat on the cap - LOL

rucky likes this.
  18. The Tactician[ Λ ]

how is it bugged?

19. The Tactician[ Λ ]

very nice you used your head, prepared ahead and did your research ill be pming you here in a sec

rucky likes this.
  20. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

The well-known mistake that PVs not shoot back and you can fly through them. I would have to go through the teleporter again - usually that fix it.

So it's not the AEGIS cruiser in particular but a common mistake. :-(

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    rucky and The Tactician[ Λ ] like this.