Alien Corruption Spike - POI

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Rogue55x, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

Type: POI
    Faction: Alien
    Name: Alien Corruption Spike
    When a Corruption Spike emerges from orbit, and embeds itself into the planetary crust of a planet it is only a matter of time before all becomes infected and transformed.

The Corruption Spike started with the Alien Obelisk blueprint and I wanted to make some tweaks to it. I then saw a blueprint for an alien settlement and got some inspiration to create alien vines and tubers spreading out to take over the landscape. As I started to build I started going deeper and deeper into the ground and thought about this a POI to explore underground. (One thing I always enjoy doing is digging out the Crashed Ships to see what is there, so this one is for the Explorers and Archaeologist's out there)

Once I had a bunch of stuff under the surface and placed as a POI I started to dig it out and that was fun, finding loot and interesting things was fun but thought to myself this is cool but it would be cooler if there was a little risk involved and with the concept in mind thought of Aliens coming out of spawning tubes as one explored.

So I started working on a proof of concept with Alien Spawners underground and how that would end up working. It turns out that it sort of does work (Note: I didn’t use any Mobs that shoot or turrets as it appears that they will shoot through the ground and didn’t want that)

Now as I said this was more of a proof of concept and am not 100% sold on the final design overall but has inspired me to use it as a template for a series of POIs where the alien corruption has started to take over planets. So next steps I think will be to create a bigger better version of this then take some standard common POIs i.e. civil settlements, Talon villages and corrupt them. Please I would value any feedback or tips tricks and suggestions that you all think might make this a better.

Above Ground
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Below Ground
    [​IMG]

Excavation
    [​IMG] ALN-PlanetSpike-Above1.jpg ALN-PlanetSpike-Above2.jpg ALN-PlanetSpike-Below.jpg ALN-PlanetSpike-Escavation.jpg

Attached Files:

Morrigan, Flip, Needleship and 2 others like this.
  2. SixxGunZ

SixxGunZ Commander

I love this.

ApeX likes this.
  3. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

very cool idea, would like to see what else you have come up with.