All factions at 12000

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by LiftPizzas, Jan 10, 2021.

1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I've got a custom Factions.ecf and DefReputation.ecf in my scenario. (I added a faction #27 at the end and put in the rivalry entries for it.)

If I change Talon to discoverable = false this change does take effect. So at least that part of the file is being read and applied. However
    - if I remove the DefRepution.ecf it still starts out with all factions at 12000.
    - if I remove both custom files, it starts out with all factions at 12000.
    - if I copy both vanilla files into the scenario, it starts out with all factions at 12000.
    (It should be working via the default ones, right?)

If I start a vanilla game, the reputations are working correctly. So it's not a corrupted file in the vanilla folder.

I'm getting nothing in the logs, no errors or warnings.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Yes, there is no difference in the files as they are simply copied to your scenario folder. So what works in your scenario should work in the main game .. so the issue is that the files do not work in your scenario or they do not work in the main scenario?

Maybe you can append both files so we can check the issue if we can reproduce it.

LiftPizzas likes this.
  3. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

It happens when the files are present, and absent. So it can't be either of those two files. Also if I take those out, when I go to a planet with the new faction I get a CoQ (index out of bounds type of thing, it can't find the faction for obvious reasons.)

The scenario is on the workshop and accessible to my friends list, so you can access all of the files. :) Any help is appreciated.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2354028875

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

If you want you can send me a friend request on Steam and I can check it out too. I got reputation to work in my scenario so I know it should be working for you.

LiftPizzas likes this.
  5. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

FR sent.

I just figured this one out, too. In the sectors yaml the entry to make a planet selectable as a starter is "Human:0" and I was messing with the numbers yesterday, seeing if they had any effect perhaps on the order of selection... so I had them numbered "Human:4" and so on. Looks like the number is the index of a human faction. The defaults are applied to faction 0. So when I make it 4, it fails. When I switch them all back to 0, it works again. :)

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Glad you got it figured out! :D