All my plants died

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calabris, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Calabris

Calabris Lieutenant

So I am playing on the Unknown Skies server. I put down plants last night. Standard 3x3 configuration with grow light two blocks above the plant beds. Today I log in and except for the plants right underneath the grow light, everything else died?? Did grow lights change? Did something else change? I am on a planet that has oxygen so I dont need a helmet. Do I need Ventilators or something? Anyone know what changed?

2. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

More than likely, your plants died due to temperature,....
    Seal them in... in a closed room, made of wither normal wall-blocks, (of any material strength/type) or glass.

Plants die from overheating, frost and no O2 ... aka.... they die, if not getting what you, as a player, get...

3. Calabris

Calabris Lieutenant

They are in a closed room. Concrete blocks with just a few windows and two doors. Why did the plants right under the grow light not die?

4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Are the doors of the "airtight" type ? The plant under the light would normally remain at a higher temperature than the others because of the light's heat.

5. JalloverTP

JalloverTP Ensign

First, i only play the single game in survival mode. I landed in Akua en did some serious adding to the engine compartment so it's quite a base now. Coming back from a erestrum and gold run i discovered all my plants are very dead..... Now i alllways kept them all outside, no growing lights whatever and everything went nice till yesterday (talking about more than 200 growing pods. and 6 T2 fridges filled with all the produce)
    Being off planet i am unaware of any wheater condition the might have caused it, some things i do know are: Age of the pods doesnt matter , oldest ones and the ones added just days ago were all affected.So i guess running out of nutrients cant be a factor. Replanting leads to instantaneous deth of the sprouts so after reading reports of plants dying (in differents locations and evironments though) idea of some sort of bug crossed my mind. LOL could it even be a real crop killing insect newly introduced ?
    I will be trying some stuff like completely removing some old pods by newly made ones (deconstructing and putting them back in does not work)
    I dont mind ,even like some, grinding trying to work out the problem but would be much obliged when someone can offer a solution or even an explanation about whats happening to my garden....

6. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

is this supposed sealed structure at 22 degrees inside ? except for where the plant lights are which are 25.

If not then your structure is not sealed and they were killed in a random heatwave like mine were yesterday on akua.

and where you mention the fridges full of produce, are you suggesting the contents of the fridges were perished also ?

edit: it might also be the case that the temperature under that light overrides the outdoor temperature.

aslo any sporut that dies immediately on planting means you are planting it during a heatwave in an unsealed room.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  7. JalloverTP

JalloverTP Ensign

Ty for quick reaction, heat wave makes sense since i didnt notice it happening, didnt get any heat warnings though when i tried the failed replanting with new sprouts (which i made from the intact produce in the 6 fridges) . I went out right now to plant some new sprouts on the existing pods and for now alll seems to go well !. When i mentioned the garden is outside i mean really outside (no protection whatever). Now i might consider sealing the garden... lotta roof and new lights needed though...:)

8. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

9. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Indeed, same issue, i tried to replant and they died instantly no warning, the heatwave was still in effect but the server weather stated cloudy, I had to relog to get the latest weather which was no longer a heatwave. And then replant my stuff.

I was hunting scorpions on omicron during a heatwave yesterday also which was fun because they all died befiore i could shoot them and i mean all of them XD

10. gayelston

gayelston Ensign

I am trying to find where I make plant grow lights!
    Guides I have read say I should be able to make them in the larger constructors, not the survival one, but there is no grow light in the constructor
    I have it enables on the F3 tree but still no grow light.
    I am now limited to the ones in the base I landed near.
    Can anyone help please?

11. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

You should be able to build them in everything (small, large, advanced) but the survival constructor; you're sure that you unlocked it in the tech tree and the interface didn't just not register you clicking on Unlock? (I ask because this happened to me a couple of times, and when I went to look, it turned out that the device simply hadn't gotten unlocked for some reason)

12. gayelston

gayelston Ensign

My bad, and wouldn't it happen AFTER I post on a forum!
    I forgot the page could scroll, so I now have a load of items I need to enable
    I am so sorry for wasting your time, but perhaps someone else might learn from my shortsightedness.
    Thank you very much for your speedy reply.
    Regards

geostar1024 likes this.
  13. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Theres a couple of plants a little bugged, like coffee and the akua wobbly thing I forget its name and they don't seem to die in space or heat or cold, so it could be they were the ones left over, but the most common mistake I see in a sealed room is people using the wrong doors, Glass Doors are NOT airtight.
    Check the menu before building or placing one.