All planets at medium size decrates by alpha 9 to alpha 10

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by VanZan, Jul 18, 2019.

1. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Hi guys, I have a big problem. I restarted a stream project with friends and had written a separate scenario before, now we have a new server with the Alpha 10 and only medium sized planets. Now I've done extra work and want to write a new scenario from scratch and when testing there again only medium-sized planets and no way in the preview / configuration window to change the size (button grayed out) Now I am slowly frustrated by the Alpha 10 no big planets anymore?

2. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

Hi!
    Check your playfield_dynamic.yaml. Right at the beginning there is a list of size classes, and probability for that class.
    E.g.
    PlanetSize:
    SizeRange: [3,4] # < Medium size is 3, Large is 4.
    SizeProbs: [0.60,0.40] # < these are the probabilites. 1= always

If you have more size ranges in your starter playfield defined, it should give you more start size choices.

(Don't know it exactly - There seems to be a problem when starting in a POI in space, the starting sector's planet seems to be always medium size, if using a _dynamic.yaml)

3. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

[QUOTE = "Needleship, Beitrag: 327703, Mitglied: 19450"] Hallo!
    Überprüfen Sie Ihre playfield_dynamic.yaml. Gleich zu Beginn gibt es eine Liste der Größenklassen und der Wahrscheinlichkeit für diese Klasse.
    Z.B
    PlanetSize:
    SizeRange: [3,4] # <Mittlere Größe ist 3, groß ist 4.
    SizeProbs: [0.60,0.40] # <das sind die Wahrscheinlichkeiten. 1 = immer

Wenn Sie mehr Größenbereiche in Ihrem Starter-Spielfeld definiert haben, sollten Sie mehr Auswahlmöglichkeiten für die Startgröße haben.

(Weiß nicht genau - Es scheint ein Problem beim Start in einem POI im Weltraum zu geben, der Planet des Startsektors scheint immer mittelgroß zu sein, wenn eine _dynamic.yaml verwendet wird.) [/ QUOTE]

I have implemented your proposal directly and have written size 4 and the other one to 1 for ... / Empyrion / Content / Playfields in all dynamic files. Prefabricated and self-created, I have marked myself with an "A" in the folder name, but nothing remains the problem, if I open the console inGame is at each planet / playfield size 3, so it is not taken over by the game. Also whether single player or server?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  4. Needleship

Hi!
    Aus deinem übersetzten Text nehme ich mal an, dass ich auch Deutsch schreiben kann... ;)

- Tut mir leid, mit Servern kenne ich mich nicht aus. :/ Das war für Singleplayer oder Szenarios.
    Allerdings sind diese für Empyrion auch eine Art 'Server', so weit ich es verstehe... Scheinbar steckt die gleiche Technik dahinter?

Mit 1 ist die Wahrscheinlichkeit gemeint? Also Größe 4, Auftrittswahrscheinlichkeit 1?

Planetengröße 1 gibt es noch nicht... - Könnte vielleicht Probleme geben.
    Geht erst ab size class 2 los, bis zu 5.

- Die Ordner (EGS)/content/playfields sind die Vorlagen für die Planeten eines Standard-Spieles. (Default random scenario)

Die gleiche Ordnerstruktur wird noch mal für jedes eigene Szenario angelegt...
    .... Und möglicherweise für eigene Server auch.

Könnte einfach das falsche Verzeichnis sein?
    Vielleicht - einfach im EGS Grundverzeichnis eine File-Suche starten, ... da einen der playfield-Ordner-Namen eingeben, und schauen, was der Computer an Orten vorschlägt?
    Wenn da andere Ordner dabei sind als die oben gelisteten, dann könnte dies der passende Ort sein.
    Dann dort noch mal probieren.

Falls die eigenen Welten anders heißen als die 'EGS-internen', dann muss EGS erst 'beigebracht' werden, diese auch zu verwenden.
    Das wäre z.B. für ein 'Default' -Standardspiel in (EGS)/content/RandomPresets/
    Die Dateien 'solarsystemconfig.yaml' oder' SectorTypeDefaults.yaml'...
    (Mir nicht ganz klar, was der genaue Unterschied beider Dateien ist, aber dort sind zumindest die Planeten und deren 'playfields' aufgelistet.)

Dieser Satz ist wohl im Übersetzer stecken geblieben:

I have marked myself with an "A" in the folder name, but nothing remains the problem
    "Ich habe mich selbst mit einem A in dem Ordnernamen markiert, aber nichts bleibt das Problem"
    Vermute, das ist: 'Habe meine Welten mit einem A im Ordnernamen markiert, aber es tut sich nichts.'

Edit: Short english translation:
    'Don't know about servers'.
    - Could be the wrong folders you looked at. Search your computer, if there isn't a duplicate file structure somewhere.
    At least the scenarios duplicate that folder structure, and put their playfields there.
    If you renamed your playfields in some non-default name, you have to teach EGS to use them. See the files 'solarsystemconfig.yaml' or 'SectorTypeDefaults'. - Don't know the difference between those files, though...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Are you using random generation for your scenario (uses a solarsystemconfig.yaml file) or static generation (uses a sectors.yaml with fixed planet names and positions?)

There is currently a bug with planet sizes in a statically generated solar system that uses playfield_static and playfield_dynamic files I think. All planets will be size 3 in that case. I might be wrong.

Needleship likes this.
  6. Needleship

Thanks, even if this is a rumor, it would be an explanation for my problems to get a different size class starter. - -Using a static solar system.

ravien_ff likes this.
  7. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Thank you for your answers. m. My scenario is an edited Akua-Omicron scenario, I simply wrote a few planets (mostly from movies and the game Supreme Commander) in the sectors yaml just because it's bigger because the worlds in Empyrion are just too small for me, especially the radoms , No idea if this is now a static or not I have as a craftsman too little idea of software / computer language. That with the bug of Reaven would be at least an explanation why no changes are accepted or why I myself for testing in the singleplayer in the options window where you also settings such as strength of enemy attacks or size of ressourcedepos can not select the Plantengröße the button grayed out / without function is. We did it now at least on the server so that we have set at gportal that we can build on resources (anti griefzone off) and that the autominer does not empty the resources to have enough material in the stream to show the audience something So build big capitals and space stations ...

@Needleship "Mit 1 ist die Wahrscheinlichkeit gemeint? Also Größe 4, Auftrittswahrscheinlichkeit 1?" genau so wars gemeint/hätt ich es gern, bzw war es in der 9ner

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  8. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

So I can not get it. Empyrion ignores what I enter in the planet sizes in the yaml, also all plantenen difficulty level are easy, no matter what you write. Thank you both but still for your help :)

9. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Hello everyone, I would have to ask you again, change / create big planets and the middle replacement I have now done with the solar system generator, but how can I increase the planetary difficulty. All self-created planets are difficulty grades (easy), the orginal ones that were already random at generate were (extremely), we are working in second with high pressure on the filling of the sector yaml with planets, so that we can continue to stream we only need that with the difficulty ^^. I hope someone of you knows what, I would be very grateful :)

10. Needleship

Hi!
    You can edit the playfield difficulty with a yaml editor. - -Notepad++ is a free, and very good one.

Maybe, load the playfield.yaml (or playfield_static) yaml.
    Right at the start, there is the 'Difficulty', with a number behind it. Change the number. Higher is harder.
    If you edit yaml, make sure that you keep the document structure exactly the same. Don't add any extra spaces, or EGS will cry. ;)

Alternatively, try to edit the \content\RandomPresets\solarsystemconfig.yaml.
    There are listed the values for 'PlayfieldLevel'.
    E.g. PlayfieldLevel: [7,10]
    I'm guessing, that is a min/max range of difficulty after that...?
    (@ravien_ff probably knows this better...)

Hi!
    Du kannst das mit einem yaml-Editor machen. Ich verwende Notepad++, kostet nix und ist super!
    Öffne das playfield.yaml oder playfield_static.yaml.
    Der Schwierigkeitsgrad könnte ganz oben stehen, am Anfang. 'Difficulty' - - Einfach einen anderen Wert einsetzen? Je höher, desto schwerer.
    ...Das müsste schon reichen?
    (Hab's aber selber nicht getestet. Leite das ab aus z.B. TemperateStarter)
    Warnung zu .yaml: Keine extra Leerzeichen verwenden, exakt so lassen, sonst muckt EGS rum :)

Was auch klappen könnte: Im \content\RandomPresets\solarsystemconfig.yaml sind 'playfieldLevels' aufgelistet
    (Etwas weiter unten, bei den Planetenbeschreibungen).
    Bsp.: PlayfieldLevel: [7,10]
    Diese mal anpassen, vielleicht hilft das.
    Aber @ravien_ff hat da wahrscheinlich mehr Ahnung.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You covered it.

Needleship likes this.
  12. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

OK, I'll check it out after work. In this Random Presets or Solar System yaml, I've never looked into it, only ever worked in the sector yaml. The difficulty in the playfield ... I have found and tried, but had nothing. thank you both times in the name of my server players and stream viewers and me: D

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It depends if you're using a randomized scenario with a solarsystemconfig.yaml file, or a fixed scenario with a sectors.yaml file.

If it's a randomized scenario (such as the default multiplayer one), then you set the level in the solarsystemconfig.yaml file. You can also add a level over-ride to the playfield_static.yaml and that will override whatever is set in the solarsystemconfig.yaml.

If it's a static scenario, set it in the playfield.yaml file for each planet, moon, and space playfield.

Keep in mind the playfield level only affects the health and damage of enemies. It doesn't mean you'll get harder planets (lava versus temperate, etc). And it doesn't increase the loot or type of POIs found.

14. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Ah OK, I created it with the solar system generator. In the tab "sector" a random seed can be selected, generated (then it creates a sector.yaml which you then need in the folder of your own scenario) and extended to the shot to additional planets. So I created both with the solar ... generator and sector.yaml, so to speak
    Aussprache lernen

15. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

Sorry for the bad english, i use google translator

16. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

that's exactly what I want to do Ravien_ff, health and harm of the opponents. I have two young overzealous server teammates who already armed only with gun in an abandont mine or reactor go, which I want to complicate the game life a bit ^ ^

17. VanZan

VanZan Ensign

@ravien_ff @Needleship
    Thanks again to you all. It now works "playfieldlevel" in playfield.yaml was the right level of difficulty setting. Now it's time to write universe the next days and hope the gportal also plays along and takes over everything: D and I can bring the first stream on Sunday ... So thank you again for the strong support :)

Needleship and ravien_ff like this.