Alpha 1.4.0: Turret Access, Optimizations and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Welcome to the Alpha 1.4 “Gunnery Update”! Manually shooting a turret has become a lot easier, less complicated and less risky with the today’s update!

[​IMG]

Of course, running across your Battleship to access a turret, while bullets hit left and right, may be a great thing if you are searching for an adrenaline rush. But as a Commander, wouldn’t you expect that your turrets should be managed by your officers from a well-protected command center?

Update 1.4 will add exactly that: Any turret on a Capital Vessel or Hover Vessel is now accessed via cockpit or passenger seat! Just take a seat, open the Control Panel (P), search for the turret in the Device List and hit the ACCESS button on the top right or just DOUBLE CLICK on it! For Bases, you can still use both ways: either remote-control a turret while standing next to it OR access it via the Control Panel (this may be subject to change, depending on your feedback)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For our passionate pilots, we also added a nice new feature: if you messed up your flight direction or just want to align your CV or SV to the horizont, click and hold O (default) and your vessel will upright itself until it is in a perfectly stable hovering position!

Long range exploration adventurers got a small convenience addition as well: The small constructor for Hover Vessels and Small Vessels is now able to cook some of the basic meals (much like the Survival Constructor).

[​IMG]

And, if you are interested in the detail infos of your vessel, have a closer look at the updated vessel detail info sheet (available via Control Panel): We added CV/HV specific acceleration/thrust/torque diagrams!

Finally, grass is now also placed on slopes and we increased the structure limit from 100 to 255 (max) per playfield on a dedicated server.

[​IMG]

These are only a few of the highlights of Update 1.4.and a lot of bugfixes, like an exploit fix for the offline protection shield have been integrated as well!

Read through the full changelog below to learn about all the changes and improvements we have added to v1.4

As always, first and foremost, have fun playing and leave your comments below!

Yours,
    Empyrion Dev Team

PS: Please note, we will WIPE the ‘Eleon Studios - Official Test Server’ in 24h, counting down with the release of this blog! So please blueprint your stuff in time if you want to use it afterwards! We are also open to SEED suggestions ;-)

CHANGELOG Alpha 1.4:

Features:
    - Added possibility to access turrets via Control Panel and switch between turrets (player is not entering turrets anymore but remote controlling them; Mandatory for CV and HV, Optional for BA)
    - Added new HUD overlay for turrets
    - Added double-click on block to access from Control Panel
    - Added new option under Misc Options for enabling/disabling “Easy Anti Cheat” (EAC) to be used on next game start
    - Grass is now also placed on slopes
    - Added new enemy Laser Turret for POI
    - Slightly re-balanced enemy Ion cannon: lower frequency but higher damage.
    - Added color masks for Truss + Walkway Blocks
    - Added Status Effects with tooltips to Player Window
    - Added grouping for "Completed" Blueprints in Blueprint Factory
    - Added info in control panel to show if a Base/CV has Offline Protection installed
    - Added some food templates to basic constructor
    - Added chainsaw + bio fuel to starting equipment (Fresh Start)
    - Added CV/HV specific acceleration/thrust/torque diagrams for Vessel Statistics window
    - Added normal thrusters to small constructor (SV/HV)
    - Vessels: press and hold O to upright a vessel to horizontal position (we will add this auto-rotate functionality to the player drone soon)

Changes / Improvements:
    - Optimizations for decorations: micro stutters should happen less when flying over terrain.
    - Increased max limit for structures (per Multiplayer playfield) from 100 to 255
    - Increased despawn of backpack from 10min to 15min
    - Increased fuel value of large fuel cell + adapted template
    - Re-balancing: Increased hitpoint of cockpits, terrain is less damaged by rockets
    - If core is removed from enemy base, the teleporters stop spawning new enemies. If any new core is set (even a player core), they restart spawning.
    - Structure info for an entity is now appended and does not overwrite the existing data. Might help to see the history of a structure (Entity Info files can be found here: ..\Saves\Games\*yoursavegamename\Shared\)
    - Added access button to SV/HV fridge
    - Adapted physics of free fall: now player should fall more realistically to the ground
    - Control panel tweaks (deco consoles do not show up in CP anymore, added more groups to CP, e.g. Cargo boxes)
    - Swapped faction/statistics locations in Control Panel
    - Added better sounds for many turrets and mounted weapons (fire + reload)
    - Added better laser shots (volumetric particles) for pulse laser CV
    - Escape pod now switches thrusters off also for other clients when hitting the ground
    - Added new smoke effect to drone troop transporter and large drone
    - Added better color mask for illuminated interior light block
    - Shader for Offline Protection is now less transparent
    - Better colliders for turrets (colliders now rotate with barrels)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixes to prevent disappearing vessels:
    * Temporarily disabled orbital gravity also in multiplayer (there were still some problems linked to it - e.g. if a vessel gets dragged down to a planet with no player in it, the vessel was lost)
    * Vessels that fell through world are now re-placed on the terrain surface again​
    - Fixes to prevent falling through terrain:
    * Added better colliders to terrain
    * Since turrets are now remote controlled, exiting turret should no longer lead to falling through terrain​
    - Fixed exploit/grief: Offline Protection could be circumvented / misused
    - Fixed Constructor exploit (dedicated server): exchange of currently crafted item is not possible anymore
    - Fixed: CV falls down on planet when exiting its cockpit. CV will now continue to hover in air if it has enough thrusters pointing downwards
    - Fixed problem that NPCs did not always leave their teleporter in POIs
    - Fixed problem that NPCs did not walk through doors or 1*1*1 block holes
    - Fixed several issues of Constructors and Food Processors:
    * Crafting progress indicator disappeared when adding items to construction queue while crafting
    * No crafting progress indicator, if a non-craftable item was removed from the construction queue before a craftable item got started crafting
    * Currently crafted item in construction queue gets red colored if not enough resources to craft more items of this type
    * Crafting started-sound played even when item in construction queue could not be crafted and was removed
    * Crafting finished-sound played on all inventory changes (item movements) after at least one item has been crafted​
    - Fixed: Player slided on uneven ground when resuming a savegame
    - Fixed: Wood could take more hits than Concrete and a similar amount compared to Steel
    - Possible fix for problem that sometimes overwriting an existing Blueprint lead to vanishing of all Blueprints
    - Fixed: Growing plot could not be destroyed by non-explosive weapons
    - Fixed problem that drone spotlight was shining through walls in certain situations
    - Fixed problem with weapon sound loop when switching slots
    - Fixed several exceptions that appeared on playfield servers linked to decoration bugs
    - Fixed problem with smoke on destroyed drone that was not drifting upwards properly
    - Fixed: Some glass textures rendered above water although device is under water
    - Fixed problem with corrupted save games that sometimes allocated way too much memory on loading
    - Fixed: Some rocks had holes under their base
    - Fixed: Deco / trees not visible when making the first landing on a new planet (MP)
    - Fixed: Deco flowers hovering over the ground
    - Fixed: Turret Robots missing a wreckage model. For now: Robot is removed during explosion
    - Fixed problem that POI turrets did not shoot at HVs
    - Possible fix for sharing violation of adminconfig.yaml
    - Possible fix for error in 'kick' console command
    - Fixed error that occurred when quitting a game immediately after entering it
    - Fixed: Clicking on button in an empty Blueprint factory no longer throws an exception
    - Fixed Atmospheric Scattering not active after resuming game in space and travelling to planet

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Once again tank you guys....

Would it be possible to have the turret access on the CV, HV HUD, so we wouldn’t need to access through control panel?

- Increased fuel value of large fuel cell + adapted template

Does this means that the CV fuel consumption increase will be kept, or is just a temporary fix?

3. Eliteace

Eliteace Captain

yes paatcchhhhhhhh :D:D:D

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. KemalKhan

KemalKhan Ensign

Awesome. Well done!

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  5. Radje

Radje Ensign

Amazing! Keep up the awesome work, it's very much appreciated!

6. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

How AWESOME!! O.O

7. RobDog

RobDog Commander

Thanks as always... Time to update my DS.

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Preface: THANK YOU for another great push of fixes and additions!

Ok...

Its great you limited the action to having to be 'seated' (thank you for not just allowing it from anywhere). However... could you take the next step, and make turret-linked seats? So the interface is cleaned up to locate the turret to control?

Some CV's have so much stuff in the list, and since some groups pop back open, and many times the 'thing selected' is a random item on the bottom of the list... this makes finding that 1 gun somewhere a bit of a hassle. Some UI adjustments need to be done now :D

For example, a CV my brother n I have been working on... its actually FASTER to run around inside the ship and 'access' the turrets from the exposed inside access points we made, than it is to open the mess of a control panel and try and locate the right turret (cannot rename turrets to help pick the right one either hmm).

I'd rather see a fix for flight dynamics... as having enough thrusters in front or side, should prevent the ship from sliding/diving straight into the ground. I have more thruster facing forward, than I do downward, and somehow I cannot hover with my nose aimed down 45 degrees?

WOOHOO!!! Manifold Destiny here I come!

* Might want to make a mention that dedicated.yaml gets blown out with the update. So if anyone was using the default name for their DS, they will be in for a rude awakening if they re-start, and see a slew of foreign IP's slamming their server a bazzillion times lol.

Asheira, Erik, Grodi and 2 others like this.
  9. Navonil Mukherjee

that is an impressive amount of bug fix....good job guys

one thing... do not abbreviate Control Panel as CP

Tyrax Lightning and Runeshadow like this.
  10. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I think is what we need is a "control turret XZY" command that we can drag into the task-bar of every seat individually. So that you sit down in a certain seat, that has a taskbar-command (like the weapons when you fly a SV/HV) that says "control turret 23" in place number one. So that you can press the "1"-key on the keyboard you'll control the turret.

@EleonGameStudios
    Great update! Keep it up. :)

Tyrax Lightning and RobDog like this.
  11. Shpiler

Shpiler Lieutenant

Can you explain OP update? Does it have startup timeout now?

12. gashen

gashen Ensign

Cool update,

You should give access to the admins the possibility of change all the parameters of the game :

Armor of the blocks,
    resistance of all building,
    damages weapons,
    food/O2 consumption,
    don't lose all the backpack at death, keep the toolbelt (option)
    tech tree level to unlock a weapon/structure

in order to make the PVP better because it is not normal that the first gun of the beginning can destroy a whole block easily !

And meteorites give too much XP and resource, game is too easy.

Tyrax Lightning and Flermpick like this.
  13. Wustuv

Wustuv Lieutenant

*Both thumbs up*
    I must admit, the first few days after the Alpha release, I thought to myself "How the hell could they release it in a state like that?!", which was most likely due to the fact that I needed to play firefighter for almost a week. But I must say, the initiative you guys showed over the last weeks really makes up for that again and is remarkable. By now I'm looking forward to really have fun with all the new stuff implemented so far and I'm already excited for the next big content update!
    *Third thumb up ;-)*

Just one question: If memory serves me, one of the Alpha announcement notes stated that it will be possible to set up player created content as POIs ingame. I might be to exhausted/blind to find this option, but would somebody please tell me how to do it (if it's already implemented)?

14. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Go to your Blueprint library -> doubleclick a BA -> set a Groupname -> use this Groupname in the playfield.yaml

15. Asmodyus

Asmodyus Lieutenant

Great update but you just killed the Hover tanks with just turrets. Now all those people who design there hover tanks so that there passenger could use the turrets now have to put seats in them? Please allow the option for access to both on the CV and HV so we don't have to rebuild our tanks.

16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

To be fair, I never understood where a person 'fit' inside the HV turrets. Having to now have a seat (or passenger pod, is better) makes far more sense in a ship designed to have a person as the gunner. Either that or they needed to change the model of the turrets to have a very large bucket/pod on the side for a possible person to fit into.

17. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

Fantastic! So many details, can't digest them all right now. Thanks especially for all the hard work on the Eleon Server. It is not just a testing ground for many of us, it is a home away from home!

18. Tobyman59

Tobyman59 Ensign

Some very nice updates indeed, because I really the flying part my ships keep rolling maybe I should add some wings. This game just keeps on getting better and better, a thank you to the Dev's

19. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Good show. ;)

20. odDballL

odDballL Ensign

.....gets better and better and thank you so very much for the auto leveling.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.