Alpha 10.1: Improvements and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

I am happy that I could be of assistance.

The Config_Example.ecf file is constantly changing with version updates, adding some new stuff and sometimes removing old stuff.

If you do not do it already, I highly recommend using a comparison tool that can highlight the line by line differences between two similar files.

Here are several options to choose from:
    • WinMerge (Free / Open Source)
    • Meld (Free / Open Source)
    • Beyond Compare (Commercial) … I have been using this one for several years now.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Arbanax and TK85 like this.
  2. Luzillus

Luzillus Lieutenant

Hello,

you dont need to copy the whole config_example.ecf. Make a Copy of them, clear all under the Versionnumber and copy only the Lines, that you will change. And if comes an Update, you must change nothing, if you dont want to change new things.

here an example: I you want change the Stacksize of Watercontainer
    -----------------------------------------------------------

# How it works:

VERSION: 6

# ==================== BLOCKS, DEVICES ==========================

{ Item Id: 2396, Name: WaterJug, Ref: FoodTemplate
    Category: Components
    StackSize: 1000
    Mass: 10, type: float, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
    Volume: 10, type: float, display: true, formatter: Liter
    {
    ROF: 1, type: float
    AddHealth: 0, display: HealthValue
    AddStamina: 50, display: StaminaValue
    AddFood: 0, display: FoodValue
    AddOxygen: 0
    }
    }

TK85 and ravien_ff like this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This is all you'd need to change the stack size:

VERSION: 6

# ==================== BLOCKS, DEVICES ==========================

{ Item Id: 2396, Name: WaterJug, Ref: FoodTemplate
    StackSize: 1000
    }

Luzillus likes this.
  4. Luzillus

Luzillus Lieutenant

Yes, you are right. I copy the whole block, to change quick an other line of the Item, if i want. But its not needed. And with the whole Block are the Error Chances higher.

Its my fault:)

5. TK85

TK85 Captain

Just to confirm:

In a custom "config" I just need to put the items / objects I want to edit, whatever is not there the game looks for the default values.

That's right ?

Living and learning! I love this forum!

ravien_ff and IronCartographer like this.
  6. Lillgrinn

Lillgrinn Ensign

I use Diffinity (Freeware) to compare Config.ecf and Config_Example.ecf

jesterjunk likes this.
  7. Luzillus

Luzillus Lieutenant

Right!

TK85 likes this.
  8. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

.. and of course:
    • git (free / Open Source)

jesterjunk likes this.
  9. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

Thank You to both of you.

I was well aware when I posted that concise list that there are many more options out there, but I was trying to avoid swamping this thread with a verbose list of them.

All three of the urls that I posted were to pages on http://alternativeto.net which is a nice site for finding replacement software for doing the same task that other software can and often times better.

_VickTor_ likes this.
  10. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

@Hummel-o-War : Hi Hummel - question/request - would it be possible to add functionality whereby turning a Solar Capacitor "Off" stops the base from drawing power from it's battery? The On/Off function is already present in the CP - think all that would be needed would be to add a signal logic drop down, and the "power draw priority" code?

This way, with circuits/signal logic, you could control exactly what power configuration you have - for early bases, I usually set up a "fabrication on/off" lever, the idea being that when I'm running production, I'm also turning on Generators to handle the draw.

Of course (as I understand the mechanic) at present it makes no difference, as the base draws from battery first... I prefer to leave solar panel/battery power for a "sentry mode", when not producing stuff the only things I leave powered is turrets, sentry guns, and fridges.

11. Virus

Virus Ensign

Would I need this too see them in Creative as well? I do not seem to have them.

12. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

Yes, if you have renamed or copied the Config_Example.ecf file to Config.ecf

Think of the Config.ecf as an outdated file nearly every time a new update comes out, because it originated as Config_Example.ecf which more often than not gets changed a little bit with each update.

The outed version of the file can be missing certain lines or strings within certain lines that are required to make some blocks visible in game in the right-click menu, etc...

There are two Config_Example.ecf files.

One is for single player and one is for the dedicated multiplayer server if you have that installed.

The two directories are located somewhere like this:

Single Player
    \steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration\Config_Example.ecf​

Dedicated Server for Multiplayer
    \steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Content\Configuration\Config_Example.ecf​

As some people on this forum have pointed out, you do not actually need the complete Config_Example.ecf file to make a few small changes, but I personally prefer to run with a complete copy of the file and use a comparison tool to see what has changed between the two files.

This is of course only my personal preference, and is by no means meant as a model of how exactly everyone else should work with the Config.ecf file.
    ‌‌
    ‌‌

ravien_ff likes this.
  13. Virus

Virus Ensign

I have never had one that I know of but I just renamed the 'example' and now i have the doors in creative and on the MP server I play on.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  14. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

Not sure where I should report this, but I had a MAJOR problem with a base attack.

I started a base underground, with only one entrance from the surface (through a wall of Ice on a snow planet). After I get the base running (but nowhere near viable as a base, just a fuel tank and generator and a room to keep warm/out of radiation), I had the warning of a base attack imminent. I see the red dot on the mini-map land on top of the ice shelf (about 300 M above my base, rough estimate), so I prepare for the base attack. But no zirax come through the cave entrance. The blip leaves, so I keep working on my base, checking the entrance for zirax. Suddenly, I can't exit the base. It's now zirax... without being NEAR any zirax... So, I think, okay, I'll blow up the core, kill the zirax that I THOUGHT would be outside the base. I kill the core, leave the base. No Zirax anywhere. I turn to go back inside. NOPE it's zirax again. I hadn't added my own core or anything, and in less than 10 secconds, it was Zirax again... By this point, I started recording the following video as a bug report (the first time I saw a zirax was in the video):

15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Is it a bug or is it the Zirax hacking feature? That allows them to hack your core from the outside? I noticed I had to clear all the Zirax out before that red core stopped appearing.

16. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

I believe they remote hack from a certain distance & since u had the core right behind the door they could reach it.

17. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

Specifically, the problem is that once I destroy the Zirax core, the base should then remain no faction until a core is placed, but 10 seconds later, its Zirax again.

18. Proof_89

Proof_89 Ensign

Alpha10 is the only version I've played and overall i'm impressed. Just a question i have: was the previous alpha better optimised than this one because i have some big stuttering on a top end computer and looking back at videos from the previews alpha the game is much smoother.Thx in advance.

arakan94 likes this.
  19. skuriles

skuriles Ensign

I can't really feel any difference between A8/9/10 regarding performance. And it is running smoothly so far.
    Only on rain it is dropping the FPS for short.
    But GTX1080 is maybe not the reference GPU. But for me it is running find in UHD resolution without problems so far.

20. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Unless you kill all the troopers, theyll always replace the core again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.