Alpha 10.1: Improvements and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

Maybe the developers will not draw the terrain with a double layer to get rid of the error of falling underground. You can just empty the Collider to deliver.

2. cmguardia

cmguardia Commander

[QUOTE = "Hummel-o-War, post: 318052, miembro: 366"] A menos que mates a todos los soldados, siempre reemplazarán el núcleo de nuevo. [/ QUOTE]

I would propose that the detector could locate on the radar the soldier who is hacking the nucleus. Because I have noticed that if you are in a place where you can not see the light that indicates which is breaking the core you will not know that there is a soldier outside your base or where they are.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I know this has been mentioned a lot since it was changed, but spotlights really aren't fit for purpose any more due to the "haze" effect volumetric lighting gives. This new effect looks pretty when observed yet totally fails to provide useful illumination when travelling in the dark.

I don't know how to propose to fix this so it still looks good but at the same time remains a useful light source. This change really does turn spot lights into a cosmetic / deco feature rather than something useful on a vessel.

Regarding Zirax hacking... I've read a number of times, perhaps not from official sources, that it was changed so the Zirax have to be within a certain distance of the Core, not just any base block, in order to hack. However, we're seeing bases with deeply buried Cores still being hacked when the Zirax near outlying base blocks.

I know hacking is a way for the Zirax to overcome their AI pathing weaknesses, which is fair enough I guess, but they appear to be cheating little buggers who go straight for the hack at times, rather than even try to path.

Scoob.

TK85, Jacoviz, SacredGlade and 6 others like this.
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Also, since one of the recent updates, my Base doesn't seem to get attacked any more. I'd estimate one would occur every 4 game days or so previously, but now I've gone 8 days without an attack. I even went and killed some Zirax as my rep had naturally improved slightly over time, to ensure it was rock bottom. Attack chance is 49.3% which I thought would mean fairly regular attacks.

Scoob.

Supay likes this.
  5. cmguardia

cmguardia Commander

I am also without receiving base attack in new game after the update in SP. I also realize that there is no warning that troops will arrive after attacking any drone you encounter during the exploration and this comes from some previous update. I remember two updates ago having had the announcement of troops to arrive and they never arrived.

Supay likes this.
  6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

Is it possible that the update needs a new game started for the attacks to work correctly?

7. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I did get a base attack in the end, but it was eight days after the prior one. Also, and it might just be coincidence, only after I'd spent a little time away from my base did the attack trigger.

On another note, I need to bring this one up again that's been around for a while now:

Drones, mostly those guarding neutral / wreckage type POI's, often pop in very very late! I.e. I see rockets / Minigun fire shooting my CV, but no Drones are rendered! Only moving a little closer to the POI finally sees the Drones rendered, and only then do my CV's turrets actually wake up...eventually. Be aware that these Drones are NOT showing on Radar either, so there's no early warning when flying.

This is a VERY frustrating issue and my CV has taken more damage from this than genuine fire. Conversely, often other Drones are rendered from quite far away, so can be seen long before they're even aware of me, let alone actively firing.

The Drone Render distance needs to be increased, quite substantially, for certain Drone types. I'm noticing the smaller Rocket and Minigun Drones are the most likely ones to suddenly pop in like this.

Can others confirm again that this is still happening to them? Oddly, this current game, I'd not noticed it much until I went to the Starter planets Moon, where the issue is quite common.

Edit: Can I just add that turrets are still basically broken and regularly don't fire AT ALL. I just sat near a Drone - that I'd gotten VERY close to due the the above rendering issue - and it sat there for several minutes chipping away at my CV before any of my six Cannon Turrets started firing. The Sentry Turrets weren't much better, only starting firing slightly before the Cannons. Half the Cannon Turrets - those on the Left side, facing the Drone - had a perfect LoS, so could have destroyed it in seconds. Note that I can take manual control of one of the Cannon Turrets and hit incoming Drones just fine.

Flaky turret behaviour is another issue that's been around for quite some time and it's turning in to more and more of an issue as Drones etc. become more dangerous.

Scoob.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    runlykhel and krazzykid2006 like this.
  9. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

I too am seeing this issue ALL too often. It's even more of an issue now that base attack drones spawn basically right on top of our bases.
    Drones spawn in at 600m and the drones start firing at 300-360m. This only leaves a few seconds from when they spawn in to when they start firing, but yet my own turrets need up to 5+minutes sometimes before they will return fire and have had clear line of sight the entire time.

I've lost entire bases because of this turret delay before.

Moonsugar and Inappropriate like this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Interestingly, my Base isn't having a problem engaging Drones, yet my CV is basically defenceless at times when they don't engage for minutes after the Drone opens fire. Since the 600m change, my Base can usually dispatch the three Drones that get sent - I don't see Troop Transports any more sadly. Previously my base would get damaged every attack, so I built a Shield...then no Drones got close ever again lol.

The Turrets on my Base are so responsive that every morning - after I've slept - they instantly all fire on one of those octopus things that respawns each day nearby.

I only wish my CV was as responsive! The thing is, I've often seen my Base Turrets totally failing to respond too, but they've been totally fine this particular play session.

I really don't know what's going on, but while Turrets not firing is a common problem, it's not always a problem. I cannot however identify any pattern to the whole will they / won't they fire.

In earlier game versions, there was regularly a delay - sometimes substantial - when a turret switched targets. This still exists, but the initial engagement of targets has gotten worse and worse. I am checking that turret have full LoS (firing manually is fine as I mentioned) and they're both set correctly (proper targets - they do fire eventually) and the targets are of course in range. So, there's no valid reason for their lack of engagement.

I really really hope the Devs can give some time to this issue. I've submitted saves in the past with this problem, but it's not always reliably repeatable from a save - so I understand how the devs might struggle with this one. However, I think enough people have mentioned the turret issues over the past couple of years (and likely before that) that they realise it's a real issue.

Note: if my PC was struggling to run the game at all, I might be less surprised by turrets sometimes being a bit slow. However, the game is running great at the moment yet the turret issue has been as bad as it's ever been for me this evening - but only on my CV!

Scoob.

11. TiwBras

TiwBras Commander

i'm totally inlove with this new doors!!! S2 S2

12. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Personally, when I have to fix bugs like that I strongly consider throwing everything out and starting from scratch. Sometimes the code just starts getting convoluted and messy because it was modified in small chunks over time to do more than it was originally designed to. If you start over with all current functionality in mind then you can choose a design that fits the requirements best.

Also, I've brought it up before but I'll say it again: unit tests are a wonderful thing. I feel like this team does not use them and that's why we see weird regressions sometimes. It takes additional effort upfront to write tests but it's so worth it for any complex software.

13. Wayson

Wayson Commander

YES, I totally agree, I would love to see this happen!!!!

14. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

I see that, but I would think they would have to be closer to where they place the core, like we do when we place a block. Hacking a core to turn it your faction is one thing, acceptable at range, but adding a core to a non-cored structure should require them to be closer. Just my opinion, of course.

Also, players should be able to get hacking capability at higher tiers (say level 25-30, when we get that high). If the zirax can do it, we should be able to, too.

iliapugach, Arbanax and vscuorzo like this.
  15. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

WHY can't i place the CV i cooked in factory, says "this object must be spawned on a base" and i'm trying to place it on a base, but it will NOT place, and this is pissing me off!

WHY did you make this change? This is a terrible decision on the part of the dev team.
    i want to place this CV and it does not have landing gear, is this why?
    WHY will this CV not place on a base? I have tried public, private and also my own faction, all 3 , it will NOT place! WHY can i no longer just spawn a CV into the air or in space?
    Tell me why you think this is a good idea, because i just wasted oh, about 12 hours solid grinding on a server for nothing, since i cannot spawn my CV in, and i wasted all those resources throwing them into the factory and cooking a ship i CANNOT PLACE!

Do you devs not think of these things before you make a drastic change such as this?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  16. TK85

TK85 Captain

In the difficulty setting you have an option called Blueprint Spawn Limit.

This is not new, it has enough time.

If it is set to "true" you can only spawn BP on a basis that has an area equivalent to BP.

And the base must be on the same ownership option as BP: public, private or faction.

However, if the Blueprint Spawn Limit option is enabled, it affects all BPs, except bases. If it is only happening with your CV, it may be a bug.

17. ButtonPusher

ButtonPusher Captain

yeah no, i had to screw around and try to perfectly place it, it would only place on 1 tiny pixel of the landing pad

this is a TERRIBLE implementation of a mechanic and in NO way should it be this difficult or irritating to the player to spawn a ship into the game..

and what is up with your net code dudes?
    i go into orbit with my CV, get kicked from the server, now i'm on the planet on the ground and my CV and HV docked to it are both in orbit..

would it be too much to ask that you guys maybe figure out how to keep the player in the damn cockpit?
    like, seriously, i can't even go back into space to get to my CV now, i don't have the resources to even make a simple SV to get there
    this is terrible and i'm uninstalling this game until you get your heads out of you know where.

you have been working on this game for YEARS, and i expect MUCH better from devs that are NOT rookies, this is unacceptable.

Wayson likes this.
  18. Wayson

Wayson Commander

As far as placement goes, I have had issues with it also, I guess I should include that with all the people I play with too (41 other players), we all dislike the pad placement spawn option. The only thing I can think of as a reason for this option, is to limit BP sizes, what do you think?

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

How about stop ranting around and write a proper Bug Report with ways how to reproduce it so the Devs can have a look into it and eventual solve it?

20. Wayson

Wayson Commander

Spreading a little of that Rear Admiral wisdom around there Germanicus! ;)

Sofianinho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.