Alpha 10.2: Improvements and Bug Fixes - Part II

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Sorry you left...take care:(

2. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

This is quite true. It's also extremely tedious and time consuming to locate the file you wish to modify. While there is a certain amount of grouping for things like "Hull Blocks", "Turrets", etc., generally speaking, the arrangement of most files appear to be arbitrary.

For the first 2 years, I played the default Config, afraid to make modifications. I finally took the plunge when I got fed up with "rebalancing". I didn't realize I would have to redo it from scratch every so often for mew releases. In the past 19 months I've made 3 ur 4 custom configs with extensive changes, mainly to weapons and hull blocks. Finding and changing the files can take a full down mainly because you have to scroll through every line item to find what your looking for, especially if its a new item, because it might not be located whre you expect.

Being able to customize the config is great! It is noy, however, particularly user friendly.

nexus_absolute likes this.
  3. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

I agree with what you have said here. The config shouldn't be made to sound it's the fix for everything it's not. And yes some people do come across that way but not all.
    No he never directly called me that. I considered myself a main stream player.

So I was asking nicely to not speak for me. Now someone else has labeled me hardcore. All because I like to play the game. Ok let me reflect for a second Over 3000 hours in No Man Sky. A life time account to Lord of the Ring online for both my wife and myself. Started playing it when it first came out. Only really stopped playing it last year after my wife broke her back. I know for a fact the only 2 games I would have considered myself close to hard core is the X3 series. That game I spent months making my own mods for the game and creating large adventures for myself. The other game was The Elder Scrolls, Oblivion. That game too I learned to mod and make my own stories to play out.

The only thing I have ever considered myself hard core about is that fact I'm an old gamer who enjoy's a good game. Each person has their own idea of what type of player they are. All I ever ask is for no one to speak for me. Now sure I run the risk of being flamed for my options because I might not fall into what others consider a standard player. I haven't been asking for the game to become harder at the start. It's the mid and end game that needs the work to make it harder in some places. As to why I modded those other game? Easy because as full games on the market the mid and end game became so easy I had to make it harder for myself.

There is no way I would ask for this game to be harder when we don't even know what the mid to end game is going to be yet. I read these forum and some people feel the need to place some people into a category of play style.

Even here because I enjoy the game and have spent large number of hours. My reason for being in the game is lumped into "multiple thousand hours is demanding the the game was "too soft" or "needs a challenge" I never said anything like that. Here is someone who doesn't know me or how I play, lumping me in with others the person think we can fall into. Did he single me directly out? NO! he didn't but he did make me feel he had. And sure someone might tell me to harden up and stop being so thin skinned.

So I will take my so call hardcore views go back to playing the game and enjoying the different game starts, making new ships, bases and my own scenario. And enjoy testing them out.

So sorry to have caused a problem here. I'm out of here until 11 comes out. I'm sure there are more then enough people in here to keep the starter sections easy and not hardcore! I no longer need to voice my opinions, as they will be lumped into a category because my opinions are too hardcore for some it would seem.

4. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Should I just name each one of them? And perhaps justify this in detail on a case-by-case basis? May It be a few quotes?
    I think whoever is meant already knows that. And I may add that I certainly appreciate the vast majority of these people.
    If you want to count yourself among them - do as you wish; you will have your reasons. But generally I would recommend not to put on every shoe that is standing around in the area.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    OP Updated: Update: July 7, 2019 (Build 2526)

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: When spawning in some blueprints they lose their device list & signals setup
    - Reverted fix for: After making a BP of a structure at max size the center of it is moved when spawning the BP in.

vscuorzo and ravien_ff like this.
  6. Philipp

Philipp Captain

Was this just a issue in the control panel or did they loose the devices so that they are completely gone?

7. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Just a control panel issue which was a regression from another fix.

8. Philipp

Philipp Captain

thanks!

9. Relo@d

[email protected] Lieutenant

I like that you work hard to solve issues and fix bugs. But I dont think the rate of new releases is necessary. Updates with just some day between make the work with having a server messy. Please bunch hotfixes up and solve more before updating. As its still an alpha I prefere updates with at least some weeks apart.

10. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

Germanicus likes this.
  11. CaptRiker

CaptRiker Lieutenant

very annoying since A10 update u have to relog to see recently discovered asteroids in orbit.. the poi's markers do not show on mini nor big map w/o relog.

Philipp and Andipro like this.
  12. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Much has been said here about the "config files" and making changes to suit the player. I'd like to add my 2 dollars (the price of opinions has gone up even if their value hasn't) on the subject.

In the beginning, I was afraid to touch the config for fear of screwing up the game as I had minimal experience in programming. After a couple of years of participating in this forum, and with the assistance of the community, I made my first "change". I increased the number of repair stations allowed on a BA & CV which, btw, I don't seem to be able to do anymore!!! Pandora's Box was opened and I proceeded to "correct" the game to suit my goals.

The process is simple enough, but it IS tedious and time consuming. The files are only somewhat arranged by type. This may be due to the many additions over the years skewing the order of items. This necessitates scrolling down the list, one by one, searching for the desired file to be changed. For myself, I didn't like thst certain CV weapons couldn't be used "on planet", so I changed it. I didn't like how easy it was to have my base or ship destroyed, so I raised the hit points! I was happy when I finished, but it took all day.

Changing the config is anything but user friendly. Maybe it shouldn't be, I don't know. I haven't done the A10 yet for just that reason, but I will.

If customizing the config is meant to be available, it would help if the format was consistent, For the most part, it is. There are, however, many instances where elements are arranged quite differently. Maybe there's a reason?

It would help if items were grouped better. How should they be grouped? I will have to give that more thought.
    My 2 dollars are up.

13. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Salut,
    Pouvez vous me dire ci c'est normal que les tourelles de 30mm et 15 mm puisse tirer sous l'eau.!?
    (une base sous marine)

Hi,
    Can you tell me this is normal that turrets 30mm and 15 mm can shoot under water.

merci.

14. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Apologies, I haven't got time right now to report this in the bug thread properly but has anyone else come across an exploit with terrain placed devices (e.g. O2 generator) that allows for infinite use without fuel consumption? Shift-clicking a stack of bio-fuel into the device starts the device as if it had consumed 1 fuel but it doesn't actually consume the fuel. The fuel can be returned to inventory and the process repeated whenever the device stops.

If not reported already I will try and do a proper report later this-evening.

15. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

I can confirm 2 fusion cells used are not used up but machine gets full runtime of 1 cell. If you shift-click with a "stack" of only 1 cell it will get absorbed in the machine.

16. cmguardia

cmguardia Commander

I discovered it from several previous versions (8 maybe) but I do not want to be corrected :D hahaha.
    It happens with any device that is placed on the ground that needs fuel (O2, water generator, automatic miner). Either from biofuels to the largest of the energy cells. It is fundamental in the beginning with planets without O2.
    If the constructor does not use anything, it seems fair that the O2 generator should not use anything either.
    Translated from Spanish

17. LoSboccacc

LoSboccacc Lieutenant

why are all forms of drilling so high up in the tech tree now? by the point you get a drill, you also have rockets and can just more efficiently farm resources out of enemy pois

vscuorzo likes this.
  18. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Yeah, the game I am playing with normal resource nodes, I haven't used an HV the drill. By the time I got the drills, I didn't need them. Also it seems faster to just drill by hand.

19. LoSboccacc

LoSboccacc Lieutenant

armored door: 250hp, uses 2 demo charges. glass 1x1 window: 1000hp, needs 10+ demo chanrges

makes sense.

also, poi doors just open themselves now, no need even to demo them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.