Alpha 10.4: Unity 2019 and more Improvements and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

we just released Alpha 10.4, using Unity 2019. Please check the changelog below.

Thanks again for your appreciated feedback and bug reports!

Yours,
    Empyrion Dev Team

==========

Update 2019-08-13 (Build 2554)

Fixes:
    - No longer possible to copy & paste symbols from an input field to another (e.g. LCD sign)
    - CoQ triggered by O2 calculation
    - MP Damage exploit
    - Telluropod & Desert golem do not damage the player when attacking
    - [Edge case] Drilled out terrain returning after loading back into save game

----------

Update 2019-08-06 (Build 2550)

Fixes:
    - Water appears in bases placed closed to lakes when player returns from being 5km+ away from a base
    - POI found to always be floating above terrain & is offset from center in BP preview

----------

Update 2019-08-02 (Build 2549)

Changes:
    - More relaxed times for 'UDP delay detection' to avoid "Connection lost" popups

Fixes:
    - Returning to a structure that has lights setup to blink can result in some lights looking on when they should be off

==========

Update 2019-08-01 (Build 2548)

Fixes:
    - Not all shutters flowing O2 1x3, 1x4 & 1x5
    - Dedi <-> Pf server communication: removed TCP stream freeze workaround for U2018 (fixed in U2019)
    - Base attacks set to OFF in the difficulty setting is not working & attacks are still triggered
    - Activated better UDP delay detecting
    - New game Temperate start option 2 start location wreckage base does not load

----------

CHANGELOG: Alpha 10.4.0 (Build 2545)

Changes:
    - Allow to export Child properties to Config.ecf
    - Exported "Prob" for resource deposits (= probability that a resource voxel drops sth)
    - Network: better detecting if a player is trying to cheat with using low bandwith (not activated yet)
    - Added console cmd 'structure' to manage structure internals

Fixes:
    - Troop transports freeze above where they should land until reloading back into the save game
    - Fixed thrusters in U2019
    - When some blueprints are spawned they lose their device list & signals setup
    - Aln faction structures no longer firing on players.
    - When pasting a selection in creative, the axis slider is not aligned with the pasted selection
    - SSG exception when exporting random scenario
    - Cockpit 8 - single hit removes almost all of the cockpit
    - texture view in SSG
    - structures not getting DSL'ed on startup of a game (last fix was not working)
    - U2019 Asteroids rendering issue
    - Drones and TT set to player faction after DroneBase Capture
    - dark stretching on 3D representation of planets close the poles

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Quarior

Quarior Commander

Hi, I test the "fix" of the SSG but doesn't work. I want to update on my thread but I haven't the permission to post so I post here.
    For the test I open a defaut playfield of the scenario Default Base Attack.
    The right folder is D:\Programmes\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Scenarios\Default Base Attack\Playfields\TemperateBaseAttack, not D:\Programmes\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields\TemperateBaseAttack.
    Thanks in advance for fix it.

Nice work else for the update.

Attached Files:

3. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I copied your post to the thread you may post there again.
    I'll check it again soon.

Quarior likes this.
  4. iamnoobplzhelp

iamnoobplzhelp Lieutenant

I'm having an issue when I open the game, the menu doesn't load. It just sits with the background image and nothing happens. Anyone else getting this?

5. Eliteace

Eliteace Captain

rare problem

6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Captain

Mine can take up to 4 mins to load up. I just timed it today after this release. It was closer to 5 mins before the update. But then I only have 8 gigs of memory.

7. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

I've noticed very slow load times prior to this update for the main menu screen and loading a save game but figured it was just my weak laptop struggling with some of the new stuff. I haven't tried this new update yet which could improve things.

8. iamnoobplzhelp

I waited 20 minutes and still nothing loaded. I have 32GB of ram. Only started happening when I upgraded to 10.4.

9. iamnoobplzhelp

I figured it out. I'm a dummy. I had the localization.csv file open so I could figure out the game names for some items. This caused the game not to be able to read the file since I had it locked.

[Redacted] likes this.
  10. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Every game that is in constant development need an optimisation once for a while, maybe it's time to do one update focused just on improving fps and speeding things up. Game in general feels clumsy and slow.

mR_kAt likes this.
  11. fligmin

fligmin Ensign

having issues with screen tearing since this patch. its more than the mid screen tear you sometimes can get. Its more the boundaries of textures and a mid screen tear.

amd ryzen threadripper 1900x 8 3.80
    ssd
    gtx 1080

Updated driver and it made no difference. There was no tearing before this unity patch

Game still runs smooth maxed out I just notice tearing artifacts especially in base when turning.

mR_kAt likes this.
  12. Rayner_Lute

Rayner_Lute Ensign

Hello. If my memory serves me, before this patch it was possible to create signals from the cockpit to other devices, now there is no such possibility. Not sure if this is a bug. Can you say something about this?

13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I haven't been experiencing any tearing which screen mode do you have the game set to in the video options ?
    Can you try turning on vsync for Empyrion in the nvidia control panel ?

14. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    The cockpits only have had a lock option in the signal logic window if that's what you mean or perhaps you can show me a setup that used to work that now doesn't ?

15. Rayner_Lute

Rayner_Lute Ensign

I am sorry, I was wrong. I asked my friends about this, they confirmed that the cockpit had no such function. In any case, could you think of adding such a feature to the cockpit?

16. fligmin

fligmin Ensign

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1820978659

Yes I did try manually turning it on - That said it was before I downloaded the new driver - ill try that again later on this afternoon.

My sets are here - everything on and up other than the grass- I prefer to see through it a little - them dam lovable(yup likem spiders) helps to see them so does a sap with the survival tool or drill.

Im running no mods and only have one scenario installed which im running - 2 times the planets. I may try a new game also without it but it was ultra fine before last patch.

Im definatly getting some tearing and as I said seems to be tearing artifacts and various texture boundaries when I turn but nice when im still. also its running smooth otherwise also. I just keep seeing little glitchy tears when moving around Pluss the usual mid screen one.

17. fligmin

fligmin Ensign

OK tearing gone by manually turning on vsync with the new driver. All good

mR_kAt and Germanicus like this.
  18. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Update 2019-08-01 (Build 2548)

Fixes:

- Not all shutters flowing O2 1x3, 1x4 & 1x5
    - Dedi <-> Pf server communication: removed TCP stream freeze workaround for U2018 (fixed in U2019)
    - Base attacks set to OFF in the difficulty setting is not working & attacks are still triggered
    - Activated better UDP delay detecting
    - New game Temperate start option 2 start location wreckage base does not load

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Random question... Should the Small Constructor be able to make a Food Processor? It appears to not be in the list, yet it can make a Fridge - which pairs with it nicely - as well as other, higher-tier, items such as Armour Lockers and Wireless Connections.

Just felt it was missing. Should it be included do people think?

Note: I rarely use the small constructor, but decided to role-play a bit this eve. I captured a POI in Zirax territory, gave it limited ammo and defences then gave myself nothing but a couple of guns, some ammo, basic armour and the portable constructor to get myself started. I've collected some Ores from rocks - while dodging Zirax patrols and the shots fired by nearby POI's - not very well for that last part - and it's quite fun. So, this is how I discovered the lack of the Food Processer for the Small Constructor.

Scoob.

20. Wellingtoon

Wellingtoon Lieutenant

I think it's a reskinned hover constructor. It's missing a couple of things that would be handy, like being able to refine pentaxid (even though an SV constructor can!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.