Alpha 10.4: Unity 2019 and more Improvements and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

An automated way of detecting it and auto banning them and deleting their posts would be really nice. This happens every single day now.

Surely it's possible to write something that detects a new account being created and noticing it's posting multiple times a minute and just auto timing them out and removing the posts. No real person is ever going to be posting that fast over and over.

The entire site basically becomes un-usable for a few hours every time this happens. All new legit posts get buried so far that they can't be found until all those spam posts get removed.

Sorry, those spammers really bother me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    [Redacted] and Germanicus like this.
  2. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

It's unfortunately very difficult to completely block spam bots. Every time a counter measure is created, spammers eventually come up with a way around it.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The difference is when some of those Spammers first even make an account on Steam and than come here and start their dirty work.
    I noticed that several times now. So I do not believe its Bots alone than.

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

here goes another one
    upload_2019-8-16_6-0-7.png
    on a daily basis

5. [BB]Drifter

[BB]Drifter Lieutenant

This forum software has a number of optional methods that are quite effective at mitigating spammers. There are also a few other simple options such as approval prior to allowing posts or completed registration. I hate spammers as well...

6. Shivin

Shivin Ensign

Just wanted to add my two cents. My friend and I both play on Lenovo Y50-70 lap tops and before update 10.4 we could play with full screen max settings and the game played smoothly with no screen tearing I have over 2000 hours played without issue. Now after update 10.4 I can only play in windowed mode. Any attempt to play full screen or full screen windowed with or with out borderless function, or even with third party borderless app results in heavy screen tearing. please fix I love this game and the windowed mode ruins it.

7. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

Have you tried turning off v-sync ingame and do it in graphics driver level from control panel? I think NVidia cards at least have more options for what kind of v-sync you want to use. Having a second monitor can also negatively impact performance in games.

8. KayaM82

KayaM82 Lieutenant

An die Entwickler:

Wann ist geplant, das Spiel zu optimieren?
    Wir lesen bei den meisten Posts, dass Spieler sehr starke Framedrops haben, auch mit sehr guter Hardware.

Meine Meinung ist, dass Empyrion aktuell ein super Spiel ist, dass jetzt in einer Phase ist, in der eine Optimierung der Kernprozesse nötiger ist, als Änderungen an der Anzahl von Blöcken.

Ich bin mir im klaren, dass das Optimieren erst ab einem Punkt Sinn macht, an dem keine Änderungen an den Kernprozessen mehr vorgenommen werden!

Aber mal ehrlich, wenn ein Spieler mit einem i7, 32Gb Ram und einer GTX 1080Ti Framedrops bis auf 14 FPS hat, macht das Spiel keinen Spaß mehr!

GOOGLE TRANSLATION

To the developers:

When is it planned to optimize the game?
    We read on most posts that players have very strong frame drops, even with very good hardware.

My opinion is that Empyrion is currently a great game that is now in a phase where core process optimization is more necessary than changes to the number of blocks.

I realize that optimizing only makes sense from a point where no changes to the core processes are made!

But let's face it, if a player with an i7, 32Gb Ram and a GTX 1080Ti has frame drops up to 14 FPS, the game is no fun!

[Redacted] and born4poker like this.
  9. Shivin

Shivin Ensign

Yes. tried every option I could think of so far the only thing that run smoothly is windowed mode. I was able to get a solo game to run smooth with a third party app called borderless gaming, but when used on line with easy anti cheat on the tearing returns. seems to work better with it off but still not as it has been for the last two years of playtime.

[Redacted] likes this.
  10. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

EmpyrionScripting: Deconstruct ;-)

nexus_absolute, Maverick241 and TK85 like this.
  11. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I have one request for 10.5, it's a very simple one.

Add cannon ammo to the BA small constructor.

TK85 and Germanicus like this.
  12. jesterjunk

jesterjunk Captain

‌‌
    That can be changed in the Config.ecf file.

Search for
    Template Name: 30mmBullet

This is the block that you want to find for the 30mmBullet ammo,
    Target limits which constructors can craft this ammo:
    Code:
    { Template Name: 30mmBullet
      OutputCount: 70
      CraftTime: 5
      Target: "LargeC,AdvC"
      { Child Inputs
        SteelPlate: 20
        NCPowder: 4
      }
    }
    ‌‌
    Update this line
    Code:
      Target: "LargeC,AdvC"
    ‌‌
    To this
    Code:
      Target: "HoverC,LargeC,AdvC"

HoverC = ConstructorHV,ConstructorT0

What that means is that the HoverC option will enable 30mmBullet ammo to be
    craftable by both the HV Constructor and the BA Small Constructor.

Code:
    # Target Abbreviations / CraftTime Factors:
    # SuitC  = Survival Constructor            - factor: 1.8
    # SurvC  = Portable Constructor             - factor: 1.6
    # SmallC = ConstructorSV            - factor: 1.4
    # HoverC = ConstructorHV,ConstructorT0            - factor: 1.4
    # LargeC = ConstructorT1V2            - factor: 1
    # AdvC   = ConstructorT2            - factor: 0.5
    # FoodP  = FoodProcessorV2            - factor: 1
    # Furn   = Furnace            - factor: 0.2
    # (no tag) Deconstructor            - factor: 0.5
    # Create an item for free = Set all lines of CHILD INPUTS to 0. Do NOT remove!
    # BaseItem: (i) Defines basic level for BP factory. (ii) Will be used for repairing in R2T
    # Note on Deconstructor: The decon will split items and devices until the template only has ingredients made from BaseItems. Example: IronOre has 'BaseItem: true' > IronIngot will not be broken down into Ore!
    # Add 'DeconOverride: Continue' to allow Deconstructor to split the device or item one more time
    # Add 'DeconOverride: Stop' to prevent deconstruction of the device or item
    # Adding T1 devices as Input to T2 devices only works for single devices (eg Constructor T1/T2) - does not work for block groups (eg Cockpits T1/T2). For latter do not use T1 as Input
    ‌‌
    2019-09-03_092602.png
    ‌‌

13. [Redacted]

[Redacted] Ensign

I work on a niche forum for work. You're right it's impossible to detect all instances. HOWEVER, you can detect and mitigate the obvious ones such as too many posts (you determine the threshold). If you're in control of the firewall then you can also block IPs that are known spammers...etc. (Well even if you don't control the firewall. It's just uglier to have to code than to implement in a firewall)

I'm not sure how much you're already doing, but if there are "obvious" methods that aren't handled yet, get them into your backlog. Your forum users will thank you. :)

Best of luck with the spam mitigation. It's a PITA, that's for sure.

cmguardia and vscuorzo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.