Feedback Required Alpha 10.5 Exp - New POI additions and updates.

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Fractalite, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

A whole bunch o' POI's were either added or were updated. I know most of the ones that were added, and do not know some of the ones that were updated.

I wanted to create a thread for aspects of these POI's that do not work as intended or are missing.

Here is the list as I know them:
    • Polaris Asset Protection
    • Polaris Giant walker of doom and destruction(you will see what I mean, it's neat.)
    • Polaris Waste Processing
    • Abandoned Bunker
    • All dronebases have been updated with further turrets and shielding.
    • Xenu Fortress P1 has been updated with the latest turrets, a new look, and shielding.
    • Crashed Titan POI 3-parter has had all three pieces updated.
    • Orbital Hideout
    • Orbital Base(or "Base")
    • Black Market(Orbital structure)
    • Slave Market(orbital structure)
    • If other POI creators think of one that I missed, PM me and I will add it to the list. :D

I am looking for feedback, but also that all the lights work, shields stop regen, and that they place into the terrain correctly. :)

Pantera and ravien_ff like this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    -tba (screenshots) -

Fractalite and ravien_ff like this.
  3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

As of Experimental version 2633 a number of other new POIs were added.
    This includes a large number of reworked POIs for snow planets as part of an on-going project to update old POIs, and color and texture them to fit their environment instead of universally-shared POIs that don't blend in in environmentally-hostile conditions.
    There'll be more on the way...
    The Rados Missile Silo is a large military base dungeon with multiple underground levels, multiple points of entry and non-combat objectives (e.g. you need to turn on the power in certain sections and unlock doors from a control room). You can either zerk through the front entrance or sneak in through the ventilation Deus Ex-style.
    14 Coldmarch_2019-08-31_01-20-28.png
    Rados Defense Stations (snow).
    14 Coldmarch_2019-08-29_13-43-44.png
    Rados Missile Base (Snow).

Pantera, ravien_ff and Fractalite like this.
  4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

In addition to Vermillions additions the Planet Remnant POI has an Admin core that will be removed in the next releases.

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Since no one seems to care about the new POIs, i'll post their screenshots here.
    13 Chrono_2019-07-18_15-42-12.png
    The aforementioned "Polaris walker of doom and destruction" (Polaris Oppressor).
    A mobile weapons platform designed for shooting down orbital vessels attempting to enter Polaris airspace.
    Its main cannon can be attached to a ship if you retrieve it.
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-06_17-55-21.png
    The newly added Rados Fuel Depot.
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-06_00-23-37.png
    Rados Supply Station
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-04_18-34-12.png
    Rados Communications Center
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-03_01-57-36.png
    Rados Advanced Communications Center
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-01_01-07-33.png
    Rados Geothermal Powerplant
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-02_01-50-34.png
    Rados Promethium Refinery
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-05_14-31-09.png
    Rados Oxygen Depot
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-02_01-54-54.png
    Since I have a few more spots for images left in this post, here's one inside the Promethium Refinery.
    14 Coldmarch_2019-09-10_12-47-57.png
    And one inside the Missile Base.

jmtc, BakerAble, SacredGlade and 9 others like this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

So.. Cool... (Pun intended). :D

Fractalite likes this.
  7. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

very nice! i like! :cool:

(I dont play EGS, I'm waiting for this 10.5 and to start Project Eden again... I guess they will be there somewhere :D ... oh and btw in 90% of my POI attacks in SP or MP I'm going inside on foot to see what is in there and to respect blueprint maker and their effort & tallent!)

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

They look way better than the non-snow versions. :D
    20190912055648_1.jpg

9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

All new BAs are very beautiful. Great job guys. I like the fact that as the Empyrion development goes so do most of the prefabs BAs etc. I find the oportunity here to express how much I miss the Xenu Fortress. You know, the one with the many turrets. Would be nice to see it updated too :p

A10.4-2607 Default_2019-09-12_18-08-12.png

Thank you everybody for their great work you shared with us.

Fractalite likes this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

The updated and new POI's I've seen thus far have been great, I particularly liked the Bunker :) Not the most detailed bit of feedback I know, but hey lol.

Ooo, Rados Geothermal Powerplant.... That'd be a pretty cool alternative power option for the game...

As an aside while I like the flavour many of the POI's add, it would be cool if things like O2 Depots actually made O2 via a special Device that could actually collect water and store it in tanks for use by a Constructor. I do love the variety of POI's the game has, but I also wish they had a bit more utility via new base Devices.

I did actually propose elsewhere a while back that a bases / POI's inventory could be directly linked via wireless to that of an Autominer or Water Generator. Being able to semi-automate collection from terrain placeables would be very welcome. So, able to pull Ores from a nearby linked Auto Miner while pushing - or just powering wirelessly - fuel to it. Same for Water. I wonder how easy it would be to tie terrain placeables into the current inventory system?

I for one would LOVE to be able to set up Mining bases which automatically place ore into an Inventory which gets picked up by a Furnace and resultant refined materials are placed in another container ready for collection. I'd be setting up little bases all over the place for various Ores and Water / O2 - and POI's could be O2 Depots and Power Plants (Promethium Mine > Fuel) in more than just name. Raiding said POI's would yield more than just a handful of loot, as these would be properly working installations.

Scoob.

SacredGlade and Fractalite like this.
  11. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

It has been updated, it is in the OP. :D

Be warned: she is one tricky beast to tackle. :)

Glad you liked the Bunker! :)

12. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I just checked out also.....Tricky beasts to tackle are needed also. It is one of my favorite enemy BAs.

Fractalite likes this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

One of yours? Yes, very enjoyable indeed. I actually landed my small CV in the courtyard area and launched my little excursions from there. However, for whatever reason - and I hope it's a by design thing - even though the Bunker wasn't in Zirax Territory, nor owned by the Zirax, they launched Troop Transport after Troop Transport at my location, along with many Drones. I was forever running back outside to help defend my CV - which only had Sentry Turrets as I didn't anticipate it seeing combat.

Several game version ago - before 10 I think - I had this once before. I landed a CV next to a likely looking Base location, again not in Zirax territory, and they launched Troop Transports and Drones at my location.

To be clear, in both instances I had no base. I.e. I'd not claimed the Bunker nor had I set down a base Starter block in the earlier example.

Anyway, I know I've gone a little off-topic, but the combination of encountering a new POI to explore then having the Zirax arrive in force was fun.

Scoob.

14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

If you attack or are attacked by an enemy POI, troop transports will be sent to your current location. It depends on the playfield configuration though afaik.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, that can happen. But why would the Zirax be sending Troop Transports and Drones to another faction's POI? Also, why would Troop Transports and Drones be sent to a random location outside of Zirax territory....random bar the fact that I just landed my CV there?

Don't get me wrong, I like this behaviour, I'm just not sure whether it's intended or not. I mean, if I land my CV in Zirax territory and get "spotted" by one of their patrols (for immersions sake) then for Troop Transports and Drones to be dispatched makes good sense. Equally, if I attack anything of theirs such a response is logical. Landing at a different factions POI or just in neutral territory though...well, hope it's intended as a bit of a surprise for the player, but I'm not sure.

Note: I'd not attacked the Bunker POI, it had no external defences to trigger my CV to shoot, I just landed there. Then, moments later, a fairly large Zirax response arrived. I had to defend using hand weapons, as my CV's turrets didn't have LoS, but the Drones had LoS on parts of my CV and blew a hole in it, taking out my Fridge... attack me, don't attack my lunch lol. Due to the shape of the Bunker POI, the deployed Zirax Troops didn't really know what to do...they weren't there to attack it - it's not their enemy - so they just wandered up and down outside the walls. Would have been cool if they'd broken in...even cooler if the Zirax and the Alien Nightmares went at each other...

Scoob.

16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Troop transports will be sent to any POI that has it set in the playfield.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ah yes, I remember the setting from the .YAML, but it's still a little odd to see the Zirax send Transports and Drones to a non-Zirax POI. They don't attack said POI, they're just after me. I wonder if non-Zirax POI's should have that setting. It's like when I arrive in Polaris Territory and see some of their POI's "guarded" by Zirax Drones - those guys aren't friends after all.

Scoob.

SacredGlade likes this.
  18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think the idea is the Zirax are keeping a watchful eye on the civilian population. :D

Fractalite likes this.
  19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    All of the playable solar system territory is "Zirax Protectorate". ;)

20. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

For some reason, in your sentence I see the idea of planets belonging to factions...