Alpha 10.5 - Major POI Update

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The Builders League has taken on some of the old POIs and added a lot of new structures for you to explore: :)

> An enormous "Thank you" to: Vermillion, Fractalite, ravien_ff, Dinkelsen, Frigidman, Needleship & Ramachandra

Additions/Changes:
    - Reworked Drone Bases (now have a one-time shield that does not regenerate when brought down)
    - Added shield generator to more POIs
    - Added specifically designed Rados SNOW set, replacing old Rados bases on snow playfields; includes renewed, revamped and also completely new bases.
    [​IMG]
    - Added: Lava Processing Facilities on Lava Planets
    - Updated: Orbital Trading Station (Variant4 TSO)
    - Updated crashed Titan POI
    - Added new orbital structures:
    [​IMG]
    *Hideout, Base, Black Market, Slave Market for further use with future Pirates Faction addition; For now assigned to Polaris)
    * Mining Bases, Alloy Synthesis Factories, Artifact Sites and more
    - Updated: Talon Temple
    - Added: Planet Remnant asteroid site
    [​IMG]

ion_storm, StyleBBQ and SacredGlade like this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    -tba-

3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    -tba-

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    -tba-

5. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

To The Builders League, thank you all so very much!

While I've only seen a few of them so far, each has been a new experiance, and while that alone is a very big deal (!), when I consider the likely hundreds of hours of Eleon Dev time your efforts freed up... That my friends is another enormous gift to the community.

Thank you for the amazing designs, the new gameplay and your generosity.

6. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

So, dumb question... do I need to start a new scenario from scratch on my dedicated server to get the new space POIs? Our current setup is from 10.4, and I deleted most of the playfields so they would regenerate, but I don't see any of the new space POIs.

7. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

My first impression on shielded drone bases is that it certainly makes taking them down tedious and boring. But, eh, I'm doing it solo on an MP server. It'd feel different if there were five of us in SVs shooting it up.

As for more real feedback - it'd be great if we had some sort of information about the enemy shield level. Is it at 90%? 10%? I can't tell. I only know it's still up because the turret I'm shooting at won't die.

8. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

Ooookay. Am I doing something wrong here? It took me over an hour of sustained fire to take down the drone base shield. But even after that, it takes me 308 railgun shots to take out each turret. And each sentry gun. That's 856,240 damage. Each. Really? Apparently that applies to every block on the base. Sentry gun. Door. Spawner. Window. Whatever. This is ridiculous, tedious and boring.

9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Sounds like you're either doing something wrong or you've hit a bug.
    With the shield down, the Turrets should be destroyable with 2-3 railgun rounds each. How'd you even sit there and fire a railgun 308 times with how ridiculously slow they fire?

10. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

lol - because I'm persistent. And because it's a new release and I wasn't sure what to expect. I have four railguns on my SV so it was 77 shots, but still. This is a dedicated server that we setup a fresh game on a month or so ago with 10.4, maybe that's the problem? I reset this particular playfield after 10.5 was installed. It's my server, I'd be happy to bundle up the save files and share them if anybody wants to look at them.

11. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

I love the improvement in blocks,textures,LCD screens and the increasing skills of the builders league. Ths result of this lock based voxel game looking less and less like a "voxel game" is brilliant. I hope the trend continues and that the vanilla scenario showcases the best looking, most atmospheric builds.

It would be nice if some off axis (non right angle) tools appear for the builders. Along with more ways to "blend" into the terrain environment. If only to break away from obvious rectangle footprints.

Also as others have said, seeing some npc sv/hv - even if non functional would make sense, a spaceport should have space ships parked on it right?

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The shield percentage is listed on the HUD by the name of the POI. So it will be [Zrx] Drone Base 50% means the shield is at 50% health.

There's something really wrong there. Either there's a bug with railgun damage, or a bug with the game, or a custom config problem.
    That's definitely not been my experience and definitely not intended.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's possible, yes. Drone base shields are set to not regenerate after they drop to 0% but this is only for new playfields. Old playfields that you reset will receive the drone base shields but not the flag to prevent regeneration. So what might happen is the drone base shields start recharging after not taking any damage for 10 seconds.

Bigtoad likes this.
  14. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Alright, so I am not as gullible as Ravien and Vermillion or willing to just assume that something must be wrong/a bug. There is no way you are doing what you say in your posts. Most of those drone bases now have 6 or 6+ turrets several of which are rocket. Sure, one or two are pretty easy to take down by themselves on easier POI's but concentrated not even a heavily armored SV would stand a chance:

20190826210155_1.jpg 20190826210226_1.jpg (granted, not the most heavily armored, but I have experienced the joys of the DBs)

Please do not bombard this thread with useless drivel or some kind of silly need to save face. We need sound constructive criticism or endless fawning praise. :p:D:cool:

15. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

I ran into the Abandoned Archeological Site and Abandoned Bunker for the first time yesterday. I like both of them.

With the archeological site, it would be fun if there were more buried things to dig out and examine. Doesn't even have to be loot - just interesting stuff to look at.

The bunker feels unfinished. The rooms that are finished are great, but there are sections that just feel lacking in detail. The overall feel of the place is really cool. I'm always a fan of the sneaky duct work passages. I also like that some sections of the base were completely sealed off, and I didn't get into them until I had replaced the core. That might just be an because the POI isn't completely finished yet, but I like the effect, like the weird alien growth just sealed off corridors with little regard for previous use.

ravien_ff likes this.