Alpha 10.5: Optimizations, Bug Fixes and other Improvements

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Nerd01

Nerd01 Lieutenant

That is great news, thanks for the hard work. I bought this game just because of this, responsible developers.

For the multiple star systems, there should be some planets with no POIs, or even life. It shouldn't be like no man's sky.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Nerd01 if you wanna play on 80 Planets with a hundred Moons try @ravien_ff Scenario Eden Project...it contains all kind of Planets . as the one I am started on now for the 5th time...a Dead Planet, devastated by a Nuclear War. With no Ore Nodes or lavish Plant live...You are quite ALONE there...only the freezing cold and approx. 7.0Rad are always with you;).
    The Hour of the Wolf_2019-09-07_22-42-23.png

Nerd01, Wellingtoon, TK85 and 5 others like this.
  3. Diezle

Diezle Ensign

Stupid question, but in order to have the new poi's roll in game I'll have to start a new game on my dedicated server yeah?

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Yes - at least if the playfield was already loaded once (and you do not use a custom scenario but the default one)

Diezle likes this.
  5. Diezle

Diezle Ensign

Yes, that's what I figured. Thank you for the response.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

@Vermillion did an incredible job with the snowy Rados set. He was a fricken machine pumping those out :D

7. Tarc Novar

Tarc Novar Commander

My solution for this is a radar device for BA structures. Then we will know when an attack is imminent.

_VickTor_ likes this.
  8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Adding working Radar has been on the devs...erm, Radar for a while now I think. Hopefully it'll become a thing to ultimately be implemented for Bases and Vessels to refine the whole detection part of the game.

coob.

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, much applause for Vermillion. Tis quite the update!

ravien_ff, TK85 and Vermillion like this.
  10. Supay

Supay Commander

Awesome update! The planet outside view is super neat! Thanks to the POI artist for updating and creating more content. Can not wait for alpha 11!!

ravien_ff likes this.
  11. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Loving it. Can't wait to try it out!

12. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

My predictions for the near future (near being a relative term ;)):

We are now seeing the first iteration of HV-SV docking and an expansion of the number of races/factions. We have also in recent time (another relative term) seen an improvement to the path-finding and adjustments to flight and hover mechanics.

I believe that once HV-SV docking is working and we have the extra pirate faction then we will start to see SVs and HVs appear as AI controlled vessels in base attacks (even if the former doesn't hang around for the fight).

Why? Well, HVs are imo being tilted slowly towards having a strong role emphasis in base attacks. At the moment a HV would struggle to take part in the attack because of the distance and terrain it might have to travel from the 'Vehicle Depot' to the player base. Across such a wide and varied landscape the AI would just fall over. spawning the HV in near the base is a complete immersion break and such a hack.

However, If an SV could transport the HV then it could drop off right next to the base and commence an assault. This would be a very cool and scary situation to be in and would defiantly ramp up the threat from the attackers.

I also think that just adding an extra faction won't do much for game play unless we see different types of threat. For example, if Polaris, Zirax and Pirate factions all used drones in their base attacks then this would get very boring. If each faction had an a different emphasis/tactic for base attacks (Drones, SVs, HV, CV, troops / destroy, steal, capture, disable / etc) then it would be more of a challenge to build the right defenses - a one-size-fits-all approach might not cut it. So seeing a variety of SVs and HV would add individuality to these factions.

Just my thoughts on the current direction things are heading in.

13. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Question for anyone that knows the answer..

By what process do you turn a CV into a BA? I would like to turn my own ship creations into wreaks to find. I assume there is some sort of command to make this happen?

Would this also work for SVs and HVs or would the block size be prohibitive to this?

14. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

There's no command.
    Some people would tell you to overwrite the target ship through the yamls with the type you want to convert. I will not tell you to do that... because it's stupid and usually breaks something. It's also ridiculously overcomplicated.

Easiest way is to make a starter of the type you want. Then use the Build Menu (N) to select the entire ship you want to convert and copy it. Hit the Deselect button, click the new starter block and use "Paste". The ship will now be the same type as the starter base.
    Note: Block incompatibilites between different types will prevent you from spawning it in survival. You cannot attach thrusters or weapons from a CV onto a BA unless it's a POI. So make sure you delete any illegal blocks if you plan on using it in survival.
    Also, you can convert HV and SV into each other. Better yet, you can convert HV/SV into CV/BA using this same method. You'll need to use the replaceblocks command on all the armor and windows though (use "di" command first to get the block's correct names), since they'll come out as SV blocks with tiny hp and will be destructible to handheld weapons (useful for designing a POI with player-destructible walls that hide passages or loot).

While BA/CV/SV/HV care about what blocks are allowed for player-use. POIs do not and will spawn any block in any configuration, even if it's illegal. Which is why many of the new Snow POIs have impossible features and you might find recoverable, damaged ships in orbit that have guns and thrusters that are impossible to replace but are fully functional.

StyleBBQ, Sofianinho and Fractalite like this.
  15. Horten

Horten Ensign

"- Removed space fog in space playfields. Please give feedback if you miss it and want it back (maybe turned down a bit)"

My god, finally! I've been waiting for it so long! Now space looks much better. You should not return this fog. Never. It looked cheap and unnatural.

Maybe someday we will see dark space background. Only darkness and stars. So mysterious and romantic :)

Thank you.

16. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Great! Sounds simple enough. Will try this later. Hadn't thought about the HV/SV conversation but that is also awesome. So many times I have started to design a HV that would make a good SV and visa-versa.

I wanted to experiment with SV/HV as mini-POIs (i.e. small wreaks) so the idea of dismantling them by simple hand tools isn't as bad as you might think, but I will see how extreme this is. I have this idea for a scenario/mission to find a squadron of lost fighters and recover their flight logs.

Thanks again for you help!

17. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix 2019-09-18 (Build 2648)

Changes:
    - updated "Invader vs Defender II" scenario

Fixes:
    - When a HV touches the bedrock it will get repositioned above terrain
    - Possible fix for ticks getting out of sync
    - Fix for console command 'ticks' not working any more
    - Fixed icon size of Sprite selection button in Screen Edit window
    - Removed feature that turrets rotate to their neutral position when retracted because of a bug. Will add this again in 10.6
    - Game freezes up & stops responding after a player base is taken over by zirax when a new wave is triggered
    - Fix for slight camera stuttering when exiting a cockpit in MP in 3rdp

18. Welderold

Welderold Ensign

I have now tested about 10 seed and teleport (tt) to the every planet. There hasn't been a single "Lava Planet" what needed for Polaris 1.mission, chapter 4. So I still can't get the story to the end.

Germanicus likes this.
  19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Here, just checked, Seed 145130 - I marked the Lava Planet
    Test_2019-09-18_17-33-40.png

Kassonnade and Welderold like this.
  20. Welderold

Welderold Ensign

Thanks! I try that. :)

Germanicus likes this.