Feedback Required Alpha 10 - EXP: Base Attack (SCENARIO)

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, May 28, 2019.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you already play the newly added BASE ATTACK scenario?

NEW GAME > SCENARIO > BASE ATTACK

This is the place for your feedback, especially about setup, wave frequency, wave strengh and else. ;)

2. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

Start a game in SP today. I reached level 11 and I still do not have any attacks. I also noticed that there are no animals on the planet, neither day nor night. I put the kernel in private to see if it triggers an attack and I'm still not attacked. Nothing at all. Sorry for the English, I am using Spanish translator.

3. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

how far or you for the Zirax?

4. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

Well I do not know. Start the base attack game. When starting, it had a base already built in front. Immediately I started looking for resources to see that the base was without any materials. I went through part of the map and saw no signs of any other faction. I expected them to be coming in increasing bursts in number but nothing happened. So leave the game. I followed another game started three days ago with the A10.2 and also it has stopped receiving attacks and I am inside the Zirax zone. specifically at 500m from a drone base. I've been 4 hours without receiving attacks. When I conquer this base I received several waves without rest, but today no attacks.

5. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

v10.2.0 2483

I just started the scenario. The sign on the wall said "Base Attack IMMINENT", so I've scrambled around to prepare and found the base has no resources. There's no ammo for the Cannon Turrets. The base is going to run out of fuel in 14 minutes. The statistics say the last base attack was 15 minutes ago and that there's a 0% chance of attack.

I used the map command to reveal the planet. There are no POIs.

What am I missing?

6. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Same experience; no POIs, no Zirax territory and no attacks. Console is all red (i.e. dozens of errors/warnings

7. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

hmmm have you tried verifying your files?

8. Skotty

Skotty Ensign

Same experience here too.
    Base attacks not happening in my SP game.
    Verified my game. 1 file needed to be replaced.
    Get and Internal Exception error now when game starts, but able to continue.
    Tried Base Attack Scenario. As above , no resources, (well no ammo) , no POIs, no Base attack.
    Console shows a wall of red errors.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1759524027

9. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you please make a bug report here https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.34/
    & supply the save game with your character left standing in the base. Go to:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Right click on the save file & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then use the upload a file option in the report.
    If the file is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it.

& for the log with the exception go to your steam installation of EGS:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs

Open the folder named by the highest number in the logs folder & right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box to the link above.
    Thanks.

10. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

Returning to the arena after a few days.
    Returning to the game SP without attacks. I traveled the planet and there are no drones. I only found one that fell because it was on resources and another that was on the base next to mine. There are no more drones on the planet on any basis. I also attacked a Spaceport and had no warnings of troops.
    So I decided to start another SP with higher difficulty.
    Before this I checked the files with Steam.
    I install my base in front of a Zirax base with a lake between the two. At level 5 I already receive attacks and I do not have defensive turrets !! The attack occurs immediately upon notice of attack, and instantly another warning and another wave!
    They conquered the base with hack but I did not see troops anywhere. Recover the base and another immediate attack of 4 drons and a transport of troops that conquer the base.
    The drones retreat only until they leave the radar, but they stay there floating static in sight (and waiting).
    They finished with me 6 times :(.
    I decided to start from scratch that same planet and go in search of the parts of the Titan. When I get to the last part, I see a drone on the back of the Titan (only 1 on the radar). As I approach and take for granted the mission, two drons are MATERIALIZED on my head! I saw them "appear" in the sky, one inside the other (I thought I was a new guy until I saw them separate and shoot me).
    This must be a mistake! They always arrive from a distance or are already in place!
    So I'm thinking that the warnings of attacks in this game and the immediacy of the appearance are like this: I have the warning and the drons materialize out of the radar. They did not arrive from the base that I had on the other side of the lake! They came from the sides and there are no bases to the right or to the left (I went through the area and only had the closest one in front of the lake).
    It should not happen like this !!!
    I will try to reproduce this last event. If it happens again I enter it as an error report.
    Translated from Spanish.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Syncretos likes this.
  11. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

Testing the Base Attack scenario after part IV update.
    Now they attack. But they are immediate to the warning and the waves are consecutive one after another as soon as you eliminate the last drone or troop of the previous attack. It is without rest. Also the boxes that fall after surviving an attack fall through the ground without the possibility of taking it (they fall from the sky and go to hell). It can also be noted that the drons resume the full value of their vitality when you stop attacking them for a moment. I had 3 drons above the base and shot at 1 almost leaving it without vitality, took a second to recharge and lost sight of. When looking for it I notice that the 3 had the total vitality !!! When falling dead once, I restart in the cloning chamber and when I leave I see 3 drons with full vitality again after having left them almost to zero all. This is so? or is it a bug? So in the easiest way it is not possible to defend the base beyond the 4 attack without time to be able to load the defenses or administer the base if the game is SP. It must necessarily be cooperative.

12. Omulrian

Omulrian Ensign

Firstly, being able to use C# to program chapter events is great.
    Now onto the actual scenario feedback.
    Start
    The "prepTime" of 30 seconds is too short. This variable also is the length of time between waves. This barely enough time to loot the PC and get outside let alone set up your constructors, look through the numerous cargo boxes, etc. In my adjusted scenario 60 seconds seemed a good balance between pressure and actually looting, resupply, building and repairing.
    The beginning resources needed to include iron, silicon and copper. As the core of the game is based around using those 3 resources, they are needed to be provided at the start. In my adjusted scenario I put 10 ingots of each in the PC. This is more for wave 2 30mm prep but it did allow me to build a bike to go and get wood (seed put 1 tree within 150 metres of the base but others have 10+ trees nearby). Don't need to put wood or stone as they can be obtained easy enough.
    I also put a core in the PC just in case. May not be necessary as found during playing if you destroy the Zirax core with the intention of putting yours back down, a new Zirax core was spawn within a second.
    1 constructor wasn't too bad but most player bases of that size would have 2. Not much of an issue as you can make more but it is hard to find spots to put them down.
    A T2 Multitool for repairing.

Waves
    The "waveNumber*waveNumber" in your wave cost calculation is too powerful. In my adjusted scenario, I removed the squaring function and found that it was a nicer progression espccially considering you have multiple waves started to appear beyond wave 4.
    Instances of rocket drones in a wave need to be reduced as they tend to alphastrike turrets to death. The only successful tactic to this is go out and "dance" with them while the turrets whittle them down. This is extremely difficult when you get to wave 15 or so (with reduced wave cost calc) as it means you are "dancing " with 12 or so drones.

Resupply
    Airdrops are a nice idea but translate into falling through the ground and if you are lucky they collide at 50 metres but usually goes to the bedrock or through that. In my adjusted scenario changed it to a "teleport" (airdrop = false) supply and the instances of going through the terrain went down to almost none. Reduced range to 50 and had no instances of it going into terrain although once it did teleport inside one of the bases blocks.
    Resupply needs to provide resources in addition to the ammo and fuel that is provided. In my scenario, I provide iron, copper, silicon and promethium from the beginning and after a certain number of waves the rest. This allows the player to build higher turrets and the base shield.
    Are focused on player 1 and not the base. Really only a problem in Co-op.

Player Progression
    XP needs to be given more quickly. Although there is enough XP to get a player to level 5 after wave 1. The player cap for the scenario is about lvl 12. This can be adjusted in the start screen and will do so the next time I test the scenario.

Most of my testing has been done in 2 player Co-op. In the given base attack scenario, we lasted usually 5 waves. In my adjusted scenario we lasted 50 minutes and got to wave 17. We also had to do a bit of meta (teammate killed wave 1 solo while i gather wood and stone to ensure 1 person got to level 5 to unlock the base turrets and be able to start making 30mm ammo).

Thanks for the scenario creating tools and the example base attack.

Syncretos and cmguardia like this.
  13. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Maybe there is a slight misconception about this particular scenario: this is not "build-explore survival" but simply "fight and survive". there is not other POI and no deposits because ammo is dropped by an airdrop after each wave. No construction or ore gathering required/asked for. ;)

14. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

But it is impossible to play. Even in easy mode.
    1- You do not have time to prepare the defenses and you do not have ammunition.
    2- You do not have time to loot the fallen drones and the troops.
    3- The supplies fall through the terrain and the only time you reach one did not have minutiae for the turrets.
    Hummer have you played it?
    translated from Spanish.

15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yes, i play it nearly each day (depending on my various other tasks) - but i am not completely unbiased, as i have to take into account what the devs can do, what the code can do and what you as a player expect. That's why we heavily rely on player feedback and draw conclusions from it and try to derive measues that should help to address this feedback, while looking at the constraints and the design ideas we have. That's why these balancing stuff goes back and forth quite regularly. ;)

1 > We will increase/have increased the timer, but you should already have some ammo (inventory). The turrets having no ammo is intentional for the 1st wave. It is not your task to build or craft or upgrade the base. (We might need to point this out more clearly)
    2 > Ok, will be considered.
    3 > We changed that to a drop on the landing platform, so the suitcase does not drop through the ground anymore.

Pach and cmguardia like this.
  16. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

I love the game and I love watching them listen to their community. Keep in that way!!!! I have 1500hs of game and I like the modifications added from version 6 to here. It's nice to see how they put effort in their work! I do a bit of programming and I know what it is to be hours behind a monitor reviewing and correcting codes. Your dedication is admirable! I hope translation is acceptable ;)

RazzleWin and Pach like this.
  17. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

Testing the Base Attack scenario again after upgrading to RC2.
    I would say it is very good now!!!
    Just a "but" ... At some point the waves of drones only include drones missile launchers. This makes the attack on the turrets very strong and destroys them. If we do not have any type of supply to manufacture more, eventually we run out of defenses. In Easy mode he had 3 troop transports and 6 missile drones in the sixth wave.
    Perhaps with more than one player and with multitools can be given time to repair the defenses between attacks, but a single player is quite difficult even in easy mode.

However... EXCELLENT !!!!! VERY FUNNY!!!!!

Just something more. In a moment of having to recover the base, I had to destroy the nucleus and replace mine. But when I destroyed it, I could not put mine. The block was red. Then immediately a new Zirax core appeared where the previous one was. That is, I could not put mine. I destroyed it 3 times and the same thing happened again. I think it would be because of the large number of troops at that moment!
    Translated from Spanish.

Probando nuevamente el escenario Base Attack despues de actualizar a RC2.
    Diría que ahora está muy bien!!!
    Solo un "pero"... En algún momento las olas de drones solo incluyen drones lanzamisiles. Esto hace que los ataque a las torretas sean muy fuertes y las destruyen. Si no tenemos ningún tipo de suminstro para fabricar más, eventualmente nos quedamos sin defensas. En modo Facil tenía 3 transportes de tropas y 6 drones lanzamisiles en la sexta oleada.
    Quizás con más de un jugador y con multi herramientas se puedan dar tiempo a la reparacion de las defensas entre ataques, pero un solo jugador es bastante dificil inclusive en el modo facil.

Sinenbargo...EXCELENTE!!!!! MUY DIVERTIDO!!!!!

Solo algo más. En un mometo de tener que recuperar la base, tenia que destruir sú el nucleo y volver a colocar el mío. Pero al destruirlo no podía poner el mío. El bloque estaba rojo. Entonces inmediatamente aparecía un nuevo nucleo Zirax donde estaba el anterior. Es decir que yo no podia poner el mío. Lo destruí 3 veces y volvio a pasar lo mismo. Pienso que sería por el gran número de tropas en ese momento!!

18. cmguardia

cmguardia Lieutenant

Something that I have seen and it is very particular.
    Sometimes the troops can not or do not want to go through the hangar door when it is open.
    They stay in front of the blue field, standing without trying to enter. They shoot if they can see me but nothing else ... but in general they go in and go straight to the core room. Other times the door is open but they prefer to make a hole in the wall:)

Another thing that I could see, and I think a great behavior!
    Is that if more than one soldier arrives to the core, one of them works in the core and the other stands guard behind! Previously I had seen that they only stopped (1, 2 or 3 troops) in front of the core and you could shoot them all without anyone reacting. Now when they see you arrive, the one who stands guard shoots me while the other continues to hack the core !!
    The behavior of the troops is excellent!

ravien_ff likes this.
  19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Yes, as long as troops are around they will replace the core.
    We need to balance the survivability a bit more I think.

cmguardia likes this.
  20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Issue with troops not using doors will be fixed in the public update on Monday :)