BlockShapes Menu and new Shapes

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, May 14, 2019.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    @Anyone requesting blocks like Audevourahn: I absolutely NEED a grafik or info (like above with the blocks available encompassing a void where your requested block will fit) to proceed on that.

This is good example:
    [​IMG]

That as well:
    [​IMG]

2. Audevourahn

Audevourahn Ensign

That is a good question, and it would result in more challenges. With the quality of the game so far, I'm betting they're up to it! This is a truly amazing game!

3. Audevourahn

Audevourahn Ensign

Hello!

Thanks for the feedback on my less than detailed explanation. Attached is a graphic at that hopefully will better explain what it is that I'm hoping to see! The top image shows the slopes we currently have. This is a 1 to 2 rise over run. They are effective, but to get the graceful lines of some designs truly what would be ideal, I'm hoping for examples like the image below, which shows a 1 to 6 rise over run. I would like to ask for a 1 to 6 and perhaps a 1 to 10 rise over run series of blocks and accompanying corners, if you could perhaps accommodate it. It would really help in making ships like those seen on many of our favorite shows, like Star Trek and Star Wars. Thank you for your consideration.

Attached Files:

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  4. Dietrich

Dietrich Commander

I love the new blocks, Eleon! Thank you so much. That said, I've been awaiting a block for so long, and it's such a common need, I thought for certain it'd be in this new batch. :( Is there some technical limitation that prevents the following block from being added?

NeededBlock.png

Thanks for listening! :)

Wayson likes this.
  5. 5hinzou

5hinzou Ensign

Here's some examples of missing blocks:

Screenshot (557).png Screenshot (559).png Screenshot (561).png

Wayson and Maverick241 like this.
  6. Audevourahn

Audevourahn Ensign

7. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

This picture clearly needs some further explanation!
    upload_2019-5-17_13-48-36.png

I don't know what you have done inthis circle. But it looks like if you remove the purple lined ramp bottom and put a full cube there and and than a ramp bottom on topof that oyuwould have corevered the 4 coloured falts in the circle. So i (and i think everybody else too) doesn't know what you what from the devs here.

Same here:
    upload_2019-5-17_13-52-28.png
    the blue area is just visible because there is a ramp top infornt of it. so if you replace that with a full block, what kind of block are you missing to cover the red and green area?
    @5hinzou

8. 5hinzou

5hinzou Ensign

Do these images help clarify? In the 1st pic, I'm trying to make the underside cornered edge of the angled ramp/box. In the 2nd pic I'm attempting to make an angled edge on the ramp so it forms line as you can see in the 3rd pic. There are currently no blocks that can fill these spaces. Given we already have similar blocks, it'd be good to be able to fill gaps like these. Screenshot (569).png Screenshot (575).png Screenshot (576).png

Wayson and nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ like this.
  9. Kard

Kard Commander

I had started some cad work when the call for new block requests came out, but got a little busy with RealWork, so did not get them in on time. Some proposed and missing blocks, some removed from my original list or marked as delivered that are now in A10x.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    YAAAAAAAAAAY! Finally got that one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for low quality of images, instead of doing renders from my CAD, I just did low-res screencaps to save on size & load times. I also apparently hid the Block-Full bounding box indicator for many images, so if not present, assume FullBlock volume area. Let me know if there is confusion on any and I will do full renders.

I work in NURBS and Parametric environments, not mesh/poly, but I can output these to mesh if needed. I just don't have much control over mesh resolution at that point.

10. Maverick241

Maverick241 Captain

Where is the ramp for SV that was teased in the Alpha 9.4 - Hotfix release? Since it is also the Steam banner at the same time.
    9JabKOY.jpg

11. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Also missing are the "heavy" railways. And / or railways that have ha "wall" that were once teased and never appeared.

Maverick241 likes this.
  12. Audevourahn

Audevourahn Ensign

Here's a real world example- the attached picture shows a ship i'm building that would do nicely with a 1 to 6 rise over run. It would make a nice, sleek bow, but now its going to look quite jagged.

Slope Example.jpg

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Wow I LOVE THIS!! I can't wait to build a ship using this ramp. Just think of the size of the HV that your CV could carry using this ramp. Screenshot (145).png

baddkarma74, Na_Palm and RazzleWin like this.
  14. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Has someone made a modified version of the BlockShapesWindow.ecf where the Corridor Elements are enabled for small grid blocks?

The in file explanation didn't help me to achive this. Only running in CoQ messages or no change in the window when reloading the file from the console.

15. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You cant do this. The blocks actually have to exist for the small grind variants. Which they do not.

16. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

ahh, ok.
    The info in the file hinted at a possibility of it.

@devs: Would there be a chance to enable them then for the small blocks?

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

THAT is the reason why so many tried themselves on the Iconic Star Destroyers and... well, failed.
    kdy_raider_class_corvette 3.jpg

Wayson likes this.
  18. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

unfortunatly i can't see the last two pictures, very weird. anybody else also sees just one picture or is it just me?

Very funny, in this replay i can click on "view attached file".
    Turns out, yes that pictures do help.

19. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I love the vertical ramps but we could get some type of a lift system added in too? Like a platform we can lower from our ships to pick up HVs or even other players? There are plenty of empty spaces under the Ramp blocks category to add something like that.

8251194405_25a4e51fae_b.gif

20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Would work well I think. Great for lifting up HV's, instead of having to ramp them up.