Alpha 11.1: Stabilization, new stock Blueprints

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 22, 2019.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Today we release Alpha 11.1 as a 'stabilization update' for Alpha 11. As the name indicates, we primarily focused on bugfixing and a few more refining changes.

For 11.1 we temporarily have reverted the new galaxy map to the previous version, as the new map needs more refinement.
    Please feel free to tell us, if you want to either stay with this known map or if you would prefer to go with the new one - with some fixes and adaptions, of course. In the latter case, please give us feedback what needs to be improved to finally replace the old one - thanks a lot :)

Please continue to use the feedback and info threads pinned over here for any ideas and suggestions on those topics: https://empyriononline.com/forums/faq-feedback.25/

With regards to the CPU system, we also started to add new, CPU-compliant stock Blueprints and also retired some of the old ones from that category. Please not only check out the additions in your game's Blueprint Libary (F2) but also head over to the 'Vessel and Base BLUEPRINTS' section in our new creators forum, where you can comment on each of the new models - and even download the retired blueprints if you like to still use them: https://empyriononline.com/forums/stock-blueprints.77/

Polaris-Base.jpg

Thanks a lot in advance for reporting any bug and issue in our bug-forum over here: https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

Before making a bug report, please read about how to use the bug section: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47082/

Also, ahead of reporting any issue, please have a quick look at the KNOWN ISSUES: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...-requirements-known-issues.47082/#post-290036

And now: have fun playing :)

ZeroG-HoverBike2.jpg
    ===============

Hotfix 2019-11-27 (Build 2724)

Changes:
    - Low memory check refactor - detects if pagefile is enabled, and displays messages accordingly. It is now forcing low textures only when it's necessary for the game startup. Messages are shorter and cleaner.

Fixes:
    - Lag when changing block of a vessel -> bug fixed
    - Fixed planet outside view not loading correct splatmap if planet was never visited
    - fixed several exceptions (CoQ's)

===============

RELEASE Alpha 11.1.1 2019-11-24 (Build 2723)

Changes:

- Updated version to A11.1.1

Fixes:

- MP: Trees, surface rocks & pickable terrain plants becoming 'Containers' if playfield seed is different to main game seed
    - MP: Fix for exceptions on a playfield server loading an instanced planet playfield and a space playfield
    - Rocket launcher & plasma cannon shots when fired inside a structure can ghost through blocks

===============

RELEASE Alpha 11.1 2019-11-22 (Build 2717)

Changes:
    - Planet Life Manager - animals are not spawned if player is more than 150 meters above or below them
    - Runtime memory check which informs when memory is too low and forces low quality textures if necessary. It will now account for memory used by the game itself
    - Console command 'destroy' now removes the entity immediately without showing it dead for some time. Use 'destroy <id> -dead' if you want the old behaviour
    - added server-side muting of players incl. new console cmd 'mute'
    - Set shadow distance in Best setting to 300 meters (old: 140) and in Good setting to 150 meters (old: 60)
    - Mountains on planet outside view of class 2 planets are now 10% less high to not stick through the atmosphere
    - Dedi will not add new playfields to a playfield server if this server needs more than 6GB of total memory
    - Dedi now checks if emptied pf server uses too much memory, if yes process is killed instead being managed as idle server again
    - Reworked and added new CPU-compliant stock Blueprints (they have a unique name compared to the old ones; thanks to Jenniphurr, Vermillion, Kieve, Zovya, Frigidman, jmcburn, sulusdacor)
    - Retired some older stock Blueprints (retired ones will be made available in the forums)
    - SpotlightBlocks are now available from the beginning (previously starting at Techtree level 3)

Fixes:
    - Fix bug that dedicated server asked a playfield server to load several playfields if player join in very short time
    - Better fix for 'gents' dedi console command mixing entities on a playfield server that loads several playfields
    - Proper fix for sporadic 'Exceeded entity id list' exception
    - Fixed pooling of drone prefabs. Activated pooling for Zirax prefabs (as example)
    - Fix for sporadic warning messages on playfield servers: 'Cannot save FOW database for player X'
    - Fixed for not possible to connect to a locally started dedi a second time, if there was a password set on the second start of the dedi
    - Better fix for NRE exception with GetTemperatureAt() (=loading/unloading of playfield data)
    - Old Mod interface: Event_GlobalStructure_List lists structures in multiple playfields (final fix)
    - Completely hiding HUD with F6 while in a vessel and exiting keeps Toolbar vanished when trying to show again
    - Ship max speed changing when turning
    - ArgumentNullException in PF logs after warping to another playfield
    - Fix for NRE when warping between Tull and Omkar Orbits
    - Instances are broken
    - Cruise mode for every direction but forward is not applying the correct speed
    - In control panel -> CPU Statistics some incoherence with the CPU costs bug fixed
    - [MP] No sound is heard from explosives blocks when placed

ZeroG-Malo.jpg
    Force-GliderBike.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    ion_storm, JA_, Robot Shark and 9 others like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Was there now actually some kind of testing in Experimental or was it THE TEST by just implementing the patch and see if something will break?;)

TK85, Ephoie, Kassonnade and 2 others like this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It was on experimental. :D

Ephoie likes this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

To put it there WAS THE TESTo_O:D

Ephoie, Kassonnade and Cluascorp like this.
  5. Krucifix

Krucifix Ensign

When does the Offical servers wipe? Been testing in creative a lot of BP designs, but want to test in real environment on live server.

6. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The Public one got wiped with A11 launch

The US/EU one will be wiped around Christmass

Ephoie likes this.
  7. Redakted

Redakted Ensign

How do you disable the forcing of half textures with less than 8 GB of memory?

My game runs fine 60fps or more and suddenly forced to use low textures because the game "feels like it". I understand it is for optimization - to prevent people with mid or low end computers from being discouraged by the lag. Where is the option for advanced users? Thanks.

8. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You cant, you simple need to make sure you have atleast 8gb ram free

Ephoie likes this.
  9. Roughneck270

Roughneck270 Ensign

Buy more RAM?

10. KayaM82

KayaM82 Lieutenant

Gleiche Probleme wieder wie bei 11.0.0
    Kein abbau von Steinen, Pflanzen und Bäumen möglich

Mit 11.0.1 wurde dies durch Deaktivierung der multi Playfield auf einen Playfieldserver behoben

Jetzt wurde dies wieder aktiviert und wieder die gleichen Probleme!

Same problems again as at 11.0.0
    No dismantling of stones, plants and trees possible

With 11.0.1 this was fixed by deactivating the multi Playfield on a Playfieldserver

Now this has been reactivated and again the same problems!

11. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

Thank God I bought my 16GB RAM this year.
    Before that, I always ran the game with 4GB :eek:.

TK85 and Kassonnade like this.
  12. berticus0001

berticus0001 Ensign

Guys, love the game but my dudes you need to add object trees, one set for logistics and another for the galaxy map, eg.....

Logistics¬

+Player
    +Bases
    -CV's (selected)
    ----- +CV 1
    ----- -CV 2 (selected)
    ------- +Container 01
    ------- -Container 02 (selected and displayed in container window)
    +SV's
    +HV's

This should also be available when trading to avoid having to buy/sell one suit inventory load at a time.
    Obviously this would require 2 side-by-side for wares transfer but honestly i think we can assume everybody has wide-screen monitors by now. Anyone still using a 4:3 CRT seriously needs to get a new monitor! :)

For the map, same sort of thing eg...

Map¬

-Galaxy
    ----- +Solar System 01
    ----- -Solar System 02
    ------------ +Planet 01
    ------------ -Planet 02
    -------------- -Moons
    -------------------- -Moon 01
    -------------- +Stations
    -------------- +Ore Asteroids

Etc. You get the idea.
    When selected in the tree the camera centers on the selected object and rotates AROUND the object just like the world map (which you should be able to scroll/zoom all the way into.
    Possibly add a couple of buttons such as "Start Point" And " Destination" for route mapping though to be honest, do we really still need the warp lines? Seems daft to need a CV to travel half way across a solar system then back again just to travel to a planet thats 6AU away. Gonna need a CV to jump systems and possibly things right out on the edge of a system anyway so why not let the SV's jump to wherever they can reach?

Lastly a ground textures tab on the colour/texture gun, you know, mud, grass, gravel for pathing between base modules after ground work, designating flattened areas for parking and such.

Just my thoughts on the matter, still loving the game regardless!

bert

13. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Write a Bug Report please

Ephoie likes this.
  14. PYROHYDRA

PYROHYDRA Lieutenant

Some simple things I just noticed in the miner stock blueprints a lot of them have low ore storage capacity. Some like 125 i think i filled in 2 seconds of digging. Seems like there turning is more difficult then I remember a few updates ago, I'm not sure if it gets worse as they fill with ore I can test more. And it seems more difficult to get them to dig down then I remember almost have to fly and catch on ground to get them to dig into ground. I will try more

100Hands50Faces likes this.
  15. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Try using drill mode to get them started.

PYROHYDRA likes this.
  16. PYROHYDRA

PYROHYDRA Lieutenant

O ok just Alt+O Thank you its kinda embarrassing how long Ive played and didn't know about drill mode. Searched internet and tried in game helps digging down a lot. Didn't see anything in game under keyboard commands maybe I missed it if not might be helpful to add it for others to notice in game.

17. PYROHYDRA

PYROHYDRA Lieutenant

Shift+O i mean said one thing meant another. How many beers did i have...

stanley bourdon and Germanicus like this.
  18. ATwilight

ATwilight Ensign

Hi guys!

Love the game, but I'm having a surprising issue with the requirements. First of all I have 12GB of RAM available on my GPU, so that should satisfy the requirements, however, the game is STILL forcing 1/2 textures saying that I only have 8GM of RAM for some reason. Is this a known glitch? I tried to search for it on the forum and didn't find anything so I thought I'd shout out and see what happens.

Please advise, thank you!

Best Regards,
    ATwilight

19. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Back in the 10.5 notes they said, "- Forcing now half texture resolution if the system has less than 10 GB of main memory (before 8 GB)"
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...tions-bug-fixes-and-other-improvements.76500/

I think there was an error later on in some notes and it was referred to as GPU memory. Based on Taelyns post above;
    pretty sure the 8 GB is for system RAM, not GPU.

20. ATwilight

ATwilight Ensign

Sorry my bad on that! Actually I was quoting my Memory, I have 12 GB of RAM yet am still getting the error, is this an issue with the newest update? In addition, I was able to run 10.5 without any errors at all. This actually just started happening a couple of days ago, so not sure what is going on.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019