Alpha 11.1: Stabilization, new stock Blueprints

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trendane

Trendane Lieutenant

Hey there! Quick question. I'm not sure this counts as a bug, per se....but shouldn't these two version numbers match?

Attached Files:

2. Slywraith

Slywraith Ensign

@krazzykid Are you taking into consideration the lift your ship is generating in atmosphere, as well as the lower top speed for all flight vehicles?

Edit: lift, not drag.

3. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

At least your panels have a positive output. Mine were consistently going negative, lol. My base was over the t1 cpu limit which I didn't consider for panel output although I still wouldn't expect that to make output go below 0 unless they calculate cpu penalty and positioning penalty as percentages off the max output or something.

Slywraith and Germanicus like this.
  4. Slywraith

Slywraith Ensign

Right now, mine like to toggle every second or so between two values, but at least they're positive values. Not over CPU, either. Something must've gotten knocked loose in a recent patch, because it was working fine right after 11 dropped.

edit: After further examination, it appears to switch between two 'types' of solar panels output rather than adding them together and displaying the result. Try it with a large group of slanted panels and a small group of horizontals.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  5. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Yes, I am. Did you read my post?

On the planet I can go 62.5% of the max speed (43.8m/s).
    So I should be able to also go at least 62.5% of the max speed in space, but I can't. I can only go 26% of the max speed in space, 52m/s, when I should be going around 125m/s in space (125m/s is 62.5% of the max 200m/s in space).

Remember, space has no gravity and no drag etc etc. So I should still be able to reach at least 62.5% of the max speed (same as on planet) but I can only reach 26%.

Does that clear it up?

On planet we have drag that we don't have in space along with gravity that we don't have in space. The penalties are all screwed up.
    Here, so you can read it again.
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...new-stock-blueprints.91371/page-3#post-377060

I should be able to reach a higher percentage of max speed in space than I can on planet, not the other way around. They have everything screwed up.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Slywraith likes this.
  6. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Just noticed there are no pictures for any Ascolon or ZeroG ships/bases in the pre-fab blueprints. Couple others are missing pics as well.

*** Also, other than one SV that is called 'Jumpship' there's no way to readily tell if a ship has a Warp or a Shield.

Not positive but I think there's an SV that is described as a 'heavy fighter' that, based on a guess from it's CPU points, it doesn't have a Shield.
    (was trying to look at the ships from the viewpoint of a non-builder; who may not want to ever 'know' what materials it takes to build anything)

Nor are there numbers showing how much a 'hauler' can actually carry. If there were, what would it mean? Can just barely, barely lift x tons? In what grav field? Heck, I don't know if these are even using CCs or built for Mass&Volume... which is still default Off right?

How about weapon load outs? I didn't try to look closely at the small pics; maybe experianced players can see how many gats, or tell the difference between turret types. Unless those are Off and retracted in the pics...

Not just trying to pick nits here. Imagine being new to EGS, say you're excited to go take on a POI & you've seen a vid. So you just barely 'know' that you'll need a Small Vessel 'fighter' (it's what was in the vid. new player doesn't know there are other ways) {and lets not bring up the tuts recommendation to 'build yourself an HV before...'}.
    To decide on which 'fighter' to dump your hard earned ingots into there's a small pic, a few word description & the raw ingot cost.

TK85, Ephoie, stanley bourdon and 2 others like this.
  7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I've been asking them for an extra panel or a second page for basic info on the Factory for a while, especially now that ships are specialized. Alas, we still don't have it.

Only the Merc prefab and Jumpship have SV warpdrives. A couple of other ships have mounting points for warpdrives, but don't have them so they can be made earlier. The jumpship is for warping warpless fighters to and from other planets.
    Only the Gladius and Core Heavy Fighter have shields afaik.
    The Refuge has a mounting bracket for a warp drive and enough CPU at T1 to fit it with no penalties.
    Although none of this helps a player looking at the blueprint in-game. But that's always been a problem with the factory. It's just become more noticeable now that there's a wider range of ships styles.

SLI_Fallen, StyleBBQ and Sofianinho like this.
  8. Nerd01

Nerd01 Lieutenant

You are right, but the problem with Blueprint factory doesn't end there.

Blueprint factory also needs an overhaul, it makes no sense the way it works. There should be at least some work drones making the blueprints. This would also prevent instant spawns anywhere since ship will be built where you order it. Tying this process to constructors would be perfect, with a reasonable range. Work drones doesn't even need to be solid objects, they just construct things.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    StyleBBQ likes this.
  9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Yeah, well the devs have long said that the factory is a placeholder and it'll be replaced at some point. But during the Dev Q&As no one's asked them when it's going to be replaced, but they did ask when the tech tree will be; and that's supposedly soon.
    Maybe we'll see the factory redone after that with the new tech system being a part of it.

TK85, Sofianinho, Cluascorp and 2 others like this.
  10. PYROHYDRA

PYROHYDRA Lieutenant

Still in early part of game saving rare resources up to spawn my first Capitol ship. So I need to keep warping back and forth until I get enough resources for it. But every time I fill up my SV I cant fly fast enough to warp back to my planet. I'm not gonna just fill my SV part way up and waste the warp I used to get there so I always fill it all the way up to make most out of my trip but every time I got to log out turn Weights and Volumes off which use to be One of my favorite updates so I can warp then log back out and turn it on again very annoying...

TK85, StyleBBQ and stanley bourdon like this.
  11. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

I was playing last night, and the game really lost some performance in my PC.
    My specs is normal 500GB HD for the games, 16GB RAM, GTX 750 - 2GB and G3250 Pentium Processor.
    Before this recents updates, the game never had slowed that much.

12. 100Hands50Faces

So I am one of those guys that loves to gather and stockpile resources, prior to A11 I could take out a Hover Vessel out for hours gather wood or stone come back with a massive amount and do it all over again. For the past 3 days I have tried countless Miners and Harvester on the workshop all CPU complaint BTW and none of them are able to handle more than 500 wood or maybe 700 stone before capacity is reached. One of my favorite Drill PuP- Auger Mk2 or Ka Bar- Rambler. I could live in this thing for hours. Now I cant seem to find a single vessel that can handle the workload.

My question is this is with CPU enabled and using only CPU compliant vessels in Offical Server Vinailla how do you gather is mass.

I am currently going threw many pains as most of my favorite workshop items are not a complaint and once spawned in don't moved...lol.

13. 100Hands50Faces

Is there a delay between when you subscribe to a workshop item and when it actually shows up in the list after hitting F2 to spawn it in. I never noticed a delay before, for example, I just saw the new MCRN-Talon-T2 BY JRANDALL and click it waited 2mins restarted the game and it still does not show in my factory list after hitting F2. This is not the only workshop related item for some reason some items show up moments later others never show up no matter how long I have been subscribed to them.

My question is this is there a way to force the Empyrion client to pull down all newly subscribed workshop item blueprints.

14. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

I've wanted something like this for ages because I've accumulated so many cool blueprints over time that it's hard to choose between them (damn you jrandall!). I'd like to be able to view the workshop listing or spawn it into a virtual environment to check it out or something. It's nearly impossible to determine which ship is the best fit for the situation unless I happen to remember how it's built which is rare. I could jump out of the game and pull up the workshop but that's a crappy experience.

Vermillion and StyleBBQ like this.
  15. Slywraith

Slywraith Ensign

Thank you for the explanation, that does clear it up. I agree with you - it is bizarre. For my part, it feels as if some information is obfuscated despite so much available on the statistics tab.

Regarding the ship in the picture, is the practical max speed of that craft 52 m/s? If it falls short of the planetary technical max speed, maybe that affects the practical max speed. For example, a ship whose practical max speed is in excess of the planetary max speed might perform differently from one that does not. I can only guess, since I don't know the algorithm for how max speed is generated.

Ideally, this kind of guesswork shouldn't be necessary, and it should be a plainly algebraic display on the statistics tab showing top practical speed.

16. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

While I don't think you took it this way I should have clearly said that I don't hold the current setup against the Builders.
    I was actually looking to use a pre-built SV to go moon mining, and since I always build my own, I was pretty shocked at the lack of info.

When additional info becomes possible I hope it will allow the Builders to add in a 'sales' brochure. I've seen some funny and excellent sales pitches on the workshop, and it could act as a subtle guide for new players;

"Are you an Ace Pilot?" "Then this is the beauty for you!" "Light and Fast and highly manuverable!" "She may not pack a lot of punch with twin gatlings but a precision burst or two will destroy any Level 1 or 2 Turrets!"

or; "Trying to get started in the Mining Industry?" "We at ___ shipyards have a combo for sale that will jumpstart your career." "The Mini-Mine is the mining half of the duo and can haul X-tons itself. Add it's companion the Mini-Mule that can carry the Mini-Mine and an additional X-tons of ore and you'll really be maximizing your trips!"

Kieve likes this.
  17. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Hah! I'd be all for this (maybe an extra [blueprintname].XML in the BP's folder, along with its thumbnail and EBP). Something builders could include loadout information and fluff / "sales" text on. I have to admit, one of the parts I enjoyed about uploading to the workshop was coming up with entertaining sales pitches. Mostly for my own amusement, since I doubt most folks take that stuff seriously even if they read it.

Cluascorp and StyleBBQ like this.
  18. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Just started a new SP standard Temperate. In creative removed all 4 RCS's from one of my small starter SV's LVL 5 with 2 gatlings and all other devices. Added 2 back thrusters (were 2 in each direction) to get max speed. Handles OK after the last update. Good CPU margin to add cargo extensions or whatever, or more devices when reach LVL 7.

Vermillion likes this.
  19. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

I want to give my compliment and my complain for the new stock of blue print.

I can see the skill of the people who make them.....and they are so awesome who i don`t really think who i can compete with them. Never if i try to make some ship just for beauty.

The point is as a stock for blue print. Was maybe better put less effort on they own ego`s. I mean`s i take some blue print to use just for beginning ( cause i have already working an huge project ) and most of them lose a lot of cpu just on deco.......

And other block who for the ship are complety irrilevant.....so basically.

I have a ship with at large constructor......and lot and lot of deco, lcd etc etc.....so? what`s the point?

I just have removed all of them and put an advanced one :D

Again no enought trust.......no shield, no eaven a warp driver ( yes you know i`m talking about you! )..

At least for the blue print stock ( becouse the previus one doesnt work very well any more), was much better someting less extectic pleasant.
    But more efficient and functional..

I know who i cannot ask an artist ti put is aspiration down, but just tink about that!

p.s.
    The whole bunch of ships look amazing.....my deepest compliement to all the creators.

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The prefabs are the first set of usable ships a new player gets access to and they need to both adhere to looking great, performing well and fit within the CPU limits.
    So why is there lots of deco and LCDs? Because they look good. To showcase what you can do with building in Empyrion. If that deco wasn't there, it would be failing in one of those categories and making a poor show of what can be done not only within the CPU limits but with empyrion's building system.
    CPU limits could allow a warp drive or shields if they were expanded to the next tier on a lot of the prefabs but aren't, so that players can get them earlier on and/or without optronic components or expensive materials. Many of which have those LCDs with instructions on where and how to mount warp drives or shield generators so new players can learn how to upgrade and build onto the prefabs. If they were complete, top-of-the-line ships with nothing for new players to change, they'd get bored, learn nothing of the game and quit.

SLI_Fallen and Sofianinho like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.