Alpha 11.1: Stabilization, new stock Blueprints

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

This "Base" is actually one Part of the New Broken apart TITAN...and yes, it has some "stony" Problems;)

Ephoie and StyleBBQ like this.
  2. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

i have not answer for this mate. Maybe everyone ( and myself as well ) think to have always the right answer also if don`t have a full understanding of the situation.

I also understand who write code is not an easy task ad is time and cost expensive, so no one will come back likely on re design. But i think who the new patch is below the community expectation and is not making the game better also if bring a lot of nice staff.

Was maybe better to find different solution?

Is the game losing is core concept who lot of player are here for?

Maybe....let see.

Slywraith and StyleBBQ like this.
  3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The Titan fragments each have a crater of rock that makes up their base, made from Asteroid Rock since it's shapable and takes on the terrain texture of the ground it's placed on.
    Filler blocks aren't included in CPU count since they turn into terrain on spawning, but they always turn out as cubes and are broken 90% of the time they spawn as anything but a flat plane.

Slywraith, StyleBBQ and Ephoie like this.
  4. Slywraith

Slywraith Ensign

Wow, that legitimately surprised me. Hilarious!

Ephoie likes this.
  5. Amberyl

Amberyl Lieutenant

It is a known issue.

6. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

So... Is it just me who is having trouble finding the crosshairs in first, third person or when your flying around? it seems that they have become almost translucent to me.. very hard to pick up and aim in the heat of battle..

7. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Are you using pilot mode?

8. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

yes I too have trouble with the crosshairs I think it is all the cyan color of the heads up display washing out the crosshair

9. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

A long time ago I suggested being able to choose color and types of crosshairs. Assume others have suggested it too.

pwwatson1 and TK85 like this.
  10. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

Hi... No when I'm on foot I have noticed that aiming with the crosshairs is allot harder than it used to be because the reticule is more translucent than it used to be. I have also noticed it when flying about and shooting at stuff. then again it could just be me...but I don't think so...

Ephoie and StyleBBQ like this.
  11. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

yeah, it's really kind of weird. to me it's much harder to actually 'see' it, but now with the Red it constantly suprises me and makes me think something bad is happening, "over there! -->" :confused:o_O it's a wee bit psycho...

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Which screen resolution do you guys use?

13. IronCartographer

This means that the size class calculation is wrong and those blocks need to cost more by pushing up size class itself. It has nothing to do with CPU balancing of ship utility.

Size class: Restricts ships that hit your real-world computer too hard, allowing multiplayer servers to maintain performance as they see fit.

"CPU":
    Game mechanic. Balances utility of player structures. Facilitates new kinds of creativity through constraints...if those constraints were done in a satisfying way, at least.

There's no reason for hull blocks to cost CPU since they have mass which directly ties into systems like thrust and power generation. If hull's ability to multiply the effectiveness of shielding over time is a concern, maybe shield generators should cost more power as your block count goes up.

14. imlarry425

imlarry425 Commander

I'm not arguing that or for or against the intent of features- I'd said maybe they didn't create CPU as a proxy for relative rendering cost but it effectively is acting as one. Moore's law died at CES this year (check NVIDIA's keynote) and the system as written makes high end GPUs go into overdrive in low resolution/high fidelity or high res/low fidelity settings. There is no headroom so the game mechanics implications aren't really all that significant in my opinion and all the classic disclaimers about opinions apply .. ain't picking a disagreement with anybody in this thread as all of you are correct based on where your POV is.

15. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

1600 x 900 right now. Would be 1920 x 1080 but this old GPU just doesn't have it in him anymore. Hoping to tag in a new GPU soon.

16. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

1920x1080
    When the crosshair is white it's too thin and it's near invisible.
    When it turns the dull red or whatever it blends into everything you aim at and then it also becomes near invisible.

In both cases it's too thin and not bold at all. We can't see it. When something is in range and it turns red it doesn't pop at all and is just the right color to blend into everything almost.

Ironically you thought we needed a color change to tell us when things were in range (we didn't need this by the way) and that very color change has made it even harder than ever to see the crosshair.

We did mention this in your actual feedback thread on the HUD by the way.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Cluascorp, grg3d and StyleBBQ like this.
  17. xmacleod

xmacleod Lieutenant

Just to add some contrast (no pun intended) in opinion about the crosshair:

I'm not sure what other settings I have that might be affecting it, but at 2560x1440 the crosshair is currently just fine for visibility to me.
    Regarding the colour change from white to red when in range, I currently enjoy and take advantage of it, but I could honestly take it or leave it just the same.

As a suggestion to the latter: Maybe if just a center dot turned red instead of the whole crosshair, we could have the best of both worlds?

stanley bourdon likes this.
  18. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Part of the reason the new reticle seems so weird to me is that it can somehow determine, well, _something_ that then makes it go Red.

If it is or will be detecting and responding to 'dangers', then ok... but wouldn't that info resonably also be shown on other displays? Like the Visor, or mini-map.

If it's just a, "that's in range now" indicator I'd like to be able to disable it.

On the rectiles design itself, would be nice to have options. I've used peep and reflex sights for a long time, so a 'circle + dot' would be appreciated.

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well, CPU-Count System still needs a lot of Love... counting correctly seems still to be a problem:confused: Hull + Device =...?

NewGame_2019-11-30_09-19-30.png

EDIT: For unknown Reasons the Numbers have fixed themselves now...most weirdo_O.
    I did neither logout nor refresh(I would not even know if that would be possible). I just have let 10 min of time passed and looked again...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  20. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

In addition to the above....the CPU-"used" Info on the BP is also NOT RIGHT!
    I just made a BP and saw this - >

NewGame_2019-11-30_09-57-17.png
    While the structure shows ->

NewGame_2019-11-30_09-57-49.png

So please check and FIX THIS! Please?
    BP attached

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.