Alpha 12.1 Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

I am not sure if i like the idea, but i like that you asked.

Tyrax Lightning and TK85 like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

Except ladders don't stick to HVs.....
    yet!

I'm thinkin' a few ladder sections in the ol' inventory could be a great way to escape certain traps or reach the unreachable beyond the range of jump jets maybe.

3. J'ee

J'ee Ensign

Repairing to template saves me some headache trying to figure out what in the world that peculiar shape is on my vehicle, now that we're getting more and more different kinds of shapes.

Of course, if the multitool could identify what shape type it actually is, that would mitigate the need to go to a repair station for one peculiar block of the vehicle, since it's symmetrical anyway and the block on the other side is intact. We can already tell, even on a POI or enemy base, if it's some kind of chiseled block, because the tool shows hitpoints. May as well go all the way and identify what block shape we are pointing to.

I guess the best solution would be if I could virtually explore the actual repair template in-game. This would help me do some manual repairs when I have a saved template. That way, I could identify the block even if its symmetrical side is also missing. Otherwise, I have to go into the template files and oh boy that's a mess to decypher. I'll make a suggestion for this feature.

4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Right, I forgot about that. So we need two types.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Since this update was applied I get a message in the console:

"PDA: PLayfield POI 'TOP Destillery' not found"

I was part way through the mission involving this POI at the time, my next objective being to return the recipe. Has this POI gotten lost during the update? It is still listed in the Registry, though I've not tried to fly back to it yet. Bug or spurious Console message?

Scoob.

TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Any chance to modify turret behavior so if you select attack NPC factions, they won't attack NPC factions you are neutral or friendly with?

I find this very annoying when it's shooting my friendlies and killing my rep when there are also multiple NPC factions on the map with some being hostile I need to shoot at.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That must be a bug of some sort, and I'm not seeing my Turrets attack anything other than enemy Factions...I'll double-check in-game later though, as the last update might have changed something.

Scoob.

8. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I'm on a Talon controlled planet (they are the only faction on this planet and I'm Honored with them), and with NPC checked on and pred/prey unchecked on all turrets, they are still shooting at stuff.

9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Stupid question: Did you use the "Apply to Group" Button to confirm those Target priorities to all Turrets?

10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Question : How many deconstructors we can assign in a cargo box to dismantle devices all working at the same time without problems?

11. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

BTW is there any reason a ladder block costs 2 CPU while n elevator block costs one? Or was is just like, hey i like the digit "2" let's put a 2 here?
    I mean if any, a ladder block should cost less than an elevator.

Tyrax Lightning and iliapugach like this.
  12. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

A better question would be 'why does a ladder cost CPU at all'? Does the basses core need to calculate how many wrung it has or something???
    Or maybe its some kind of futuristic anti-liability measure? It doesn't look like they have there legally mandated warning labels to me.

13. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Probably for the same reason every hull block costs CPU points. Still it feels odd that a ladder requires more than an elevator. I mean the ladder can't even extend itself.:eek:

14. TK85

TK85 Captain

This is a reason I never understood.

immediately after I finished reading his question, I thought that.

15. Track Driver

Track Driver Captain

that's one of the reasons I don't use CPU values. They just make no sense at this point in time.

16. Woodchip

Woodchip Ensign

Ok .... so Ladders are great, just another aesthetic piece of metal with not much real function, considering it occupies the exact same space as an elevator block does.
    What SHOULD be addressed, IMO, are the Water Generators being removed every second day.
    A poor fellow is struggling to get some water to make O2.... fills his Geny with Bio Fuel to pick up a few Barrels of water comes back next day.... Geny GONE... Water GONE.

Solution: Make the Water Generator part of the Building.... Building is removed after 7 Days on starter planets (Water Generator can be removed at the same time) NOT EVERY SECOND DAY

Jacoviz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

That is Part of the Considerations of the Devs for a while now.. how to combine it with BA-Structures, as they are, like Portable constructors, Air Conditioners and Emergency O² Generators ground placeable Devices.
    You are talking about removals on MP-Server as such to keep them from being cluttered by structures.

18. Maotisjan

Maotisjan Ensign

YAY LADDERS !, *gasp* With butter :)

Tyrax Lightning and Germanicus like this.
  19. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

This is absolutely a bug and should be reported. Your turrets should never, to the best of my knowledge, attack anything other than unfriendly/hostile.

20. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

I can only guess that prior to the patch, no Legacy things were being targeted? If this is the fix though, perhaps all the NPC things that spawn on planets should have their tag changed? It would seem not the full implications of this 'fix' were accounted for before pushing it out. Can the devs speak to this @Taelyn™ ?

Tyrax Lightning and jlego like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.