Alpha 12.1 Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlego

jlego Captain

Not sure if it was intended before this patch. I get the impression that it’s an actual change, but it doesn't make sense as it stands right now.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

As nobody seemed to have answered your Question:
    Here is a filed Bug Report - and the explanation for the Yellow line in the Console
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/poi-top-spice-distillery-not-found.94176/#post-402934

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Lets face it: All Creatures have been Alien to us, all type of Monsters. Now, with more and more Factions popping up the (Aln) were applied to the Legacy or other Factions. So now a bit of confusion seems to happen with what is what.:rolleyes:

4. Maihes

Maihes Lieutenant

i have a small complain :p i started new game today on snow planet but the game crashed a few times but well anyway the complain is WHY is the snow planet SO eazy now?

atm i'm at the point where i just build myself a nice small-medium base (the only issue here was silicon ... found only a little not enuf to spawn the base had to use components as substitute) and i explored all the planet .. cleared the abandoned reactor (even this seems so easy cleared it with the light armor with eva boost on and t1 shotgun) and a zirax convoy and now im clear and serene on the planet with a nice base only left to clear out the zirax so i can build a CV.

But not even 1 accidental death(thou to be honest i was very close to die on zirax convoy while going there with the damaged hover hahaha, lots of enemies and the turrets .. sneaked under the middle convoy to destroy the core but with 4HP left) while b4 i kept dying from cold .. hunger .. aliens whatever ...

as a reference i did play on medium difficulty .. same as always.. everything medium.

5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Oh wow! Okay so it wasn't just me. I stared a new snow game yesterday and I too found it was now easy compared to before. Even the swamp start felt way to easy, all the ores had changed and it's like the other starters.

Now I have never considered myself a great player. I die a lot of my own mishaps. Now either I have gotten a lot better or the game has gotten a lot easier.
    Or maybe the dev's have decided that they can't compete with @ravien_ff and Project Eden along with @Vermillion and Reforged Galaxy.
    :D

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

About the snow starter: saw a lot of complaints that it was too hard so that's probably why they made it easier. It's actually very hard to properly balance very hard starts because a player's individual game knowledge and skill can make the difference between a planet being too easy or impossible. Even players with thousands of hours can find a particular situation impossible even though it's very doable.

I do wish they would make some harder starting planets but I can see why they haven't yet.

7. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Meh. Snow start is always easy once you get the EVA boost. We Need a Lava Planet start!

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks @Germanicus - I've not actually had time to play for a couple of days, so I hadn't confirmed I could still visit the TOP "Destillery" :)

@GoldDragon - I got lucky and found a gold rock quite early so was able to craft one. However, I found no other armours so POI's were a nightmare with basically a zero armour rating - pretty much everything could one or two shot me. This made the various glitches where I got shot / hit (melee) through walls and blocks doubly frustrating as there was no way to avoid it.

RNG / seed still plays such a huge factor in difficulty though. I mean, I've had games where I've not found any decent armour, no useful boosts, tools or weapons for hours of game time. Other times I find a Multi-tool and some charges in the first couple of crates I find, giving me a huge boost to the early-game. I found a Drill with Charges very early in another game, that was nice!

Scoob.

9. Maihes

Maihes Lieutenant

in one of my post about the snow start i said that if they could make it very slightly a bit more warm in the start zone it would make it perfect .. but seems that very slightly from the -45C it came to 0+...

Honestly, don't know how it's on hard but i don't think that description of Hard difficulty.... only for experienced players .. still stands .

When you don't die even once and not even close to die, in the game i talked about ... i didn't felt threaten even once coz of the cold or hunger .
    The start zone was way to warm and was very easy to get to the point of eva boost which made it even so much easier.

And even the reactor POI seemed easier .. but that maybe it's just me .... but cleared it easly with light armor with eva boost on and t1 shotgun ... (but that may just be i gotten better with this type of POI .. i often go in aln pois on starter planet with light armor and t1 shotgun but i die at least once but not now when i even had eva boost on)

10. Praxdra

Praxdra Ensign

Hello,
    I run a multiplayer server, after today's patch, I can't log, and I'm stuck on loading screen.
    any advice?
    Thanks

11. Praxdra

Praxdra Ensign

Deleted : gameoptions.yaml from save folder at the server, all is fine now.

Tyrax Lightning and Germanicus like this.
  12. andargor

andargor Commander

Can you explain what this means and where is the gameoptions.yaml file now? Or do the games take the Scenario settings, so only the default gameoptions.yaml needs to be changed?

Praxdra and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just want to ask if anyone else is seeing this odd bug...

Basically, if I'm in combat and I run out of ammo, it's often quicker to just switch weapons to finish off an enemy, then reload both weapons at my leisure. A standard technique used by most I expect. However, this isn't working for me any more. Basically, here's how it goes:

1) Shoot enemy with Pulse Rifle
    2) Run out of Ammo so switch to Shotgun
    3) Game switches to Shotgun, but it then plays the reload animation so I cannot fire.

Note: the Shotgun was fully loaded when I switched to it, but the reload animation still plays. I wonder if the animation is stuck somehow, i.e. the Pulse Rifle starts to auto-reload - that cannot be helped, it's automatic - I switch to the Shotgun and the game insists on finishing the reload animation.

I've almost been caught out a couple of times now, where switching to another weapon (usually Shotgun) just to finish off an enemy hasn't worked and I've been forced to retreat while the reload animation plays for a weapons that's already at full capacity.

Anyone else?

I'm playing the Project Eden Scenario, but I don't think it makes changes to the basics.

Scoob.

14. Maihes

Maihes Lieutenant

yeah that happens to me too all the time ... and it's not something new ... and even after reload animation there is a delay to fire which seems weird but well ...

Nerd01 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Not new? Guess I've been lucky previously, though this scenario is harder than vanilla so needing to switch weapons - one clip often isn't enough - is more common. Once I get some better weapons, I expect I'll not notice it.

Scoob.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Another thing... I just noticed that to craft a small Ba/CV Class O2 tank takes a Large or Advanced Constructor. Surely that's not right, I'd have hoped at least the Small Constructor would be able to make this low-tech device. The Portable Constructor can make Fuel Tanks and Generators after all.

Scoob.

17. JCataclism

JCataclism Ensign

"- Fixed: Some doors on Polaris Planetary Trading station are locked"
    Thank you!

"Added ladders"
    Yeah! Great, cheap way to nvade a POI from undergound, IF one destroys its core.
    Thank you again!

18. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

Is anyone else encountering an issue where wreckages and destroyed CVs, whose names are in red (thus indicating they have no core), do not allow another core to be placed on them? When I try to place a core, I get the message that I 'cannot place a second core'. This has happened twice now, with a destroyed CV and a space wreckage. I've been over the wrecks thoroughly, and there is no core. No P menu. The name is red.

Is this known/intended? Or is it a bug? I wanted to be sure before I made the bug report. Right now it's really hampering my ability to get devices to put into the factory.

JCataclism and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

You could try activating god mode invisible (gm iv) and looking through the control panel to see if it really does have a core or not.
    God mode invisible lets you access any structure control panel, unlike regular god mode.

If could also maybe be that the structure is set to regenerate and therefore won't let you place a core at all. Although I'm pretty sure you get a different message if that was the case.

20. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

Ah. Thank you. There is in fact a core. gm iv let me find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.