Alpha 12.1 Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I just noticed for the first time in creative there's a clone chamber for HV (I'm assuming you can't respawn at the med center?). And this clone chamber is huge, it looks like it's sized for a base. maybe it should be like the size of the armor locker more or less?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

The clone chamber's been available for HVs for years. It was actually shrunk since it used to be bigger, but if it was the size of the armor locker you'd never fit in it.

JCataclism and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It means the server no longer overwrites the gameoptions file in the save game folder on server shutdown.

4. TK85

TK85 Captain

I have a question here.

I started a new game on alpha 12.6.2933 on the snow planet.

I'm trying to do the Off WorldGrave mission, but I have a problem that I don't know if it's a bug or if it's different starting the game on the snow planet.

In this mission I go to the place where Titan falls on the moon, but I have already searched the two moons of the planet and do not have the remains of Titan.

I was wondering if the crash site is on a moon from another planet in the system or if it is a bug. Because there is no waypoint indicating where to go, hence the doubt.

And if it is a bug I will be running here without going anywhere. But if it's just a planned change, ok, I'll look for it.

5. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I find ammo reload issues with all weapons and ships. I have a habit of force reloading everything before going into combat. In my SV is always force reload everything when I leave base or carrier, and yet often when switching weapons entering combat the damn thing goes through the reload cycle when I first try to fire it when it most definitely should not.. Often resulting in having to abandon an attack run and cycle round again. Quite annoying TBH.

runlykhel, TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. roggab

roggab Lieutenant

When you fly over the 17 km from Akua this happen:

Resolve this please)

Attached Files:

TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

You should not start a new game on experimental. Switch over to the stable branch. You should ALWAYS do this once a patch is live.

This is the first I have heard of the starter planet having more than one moon. That right there suggests to me that your .yaml files are messed up somewhere. I would suggest you switch to the stable branch, validate your game files, and then start a new game with the same seed as your current one. If you still have two moons and the mission in question does not work, then it is a bug and should be reported.

If you report it in its current form, I guarantee you the first answer you will get is to switch to the stable branch.

Tyrax Lightning and TK85 like this.
  8. TGRF_Trainer

TGRF_Trainer Commander

I had this happen on a planet as well, in SP survival. This isn't just Akua. Thanks for finding the range though, now I can make a bug report (or you could do it) :)

9. roggab

roggab Lieutenant

On multiplayer)

10. TK85

TK85 Captain

The client had already moved to the stable version.

It was not necessary to start a new game, just edit the corresponding sector file, removing the two moons and adding the moon starter.

I just needed to know if something was wrong.

Thank you for your help.

11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

In regards to Vehicles, as of last I knew, it was a known problem with Turrets & Manual Fire Weapons for Vehicles that when using Manual Fire Weapons & Turrets together that use the same Ammo, Gatlings & Minigun Turret together especially notable HV-wise, that all are forced to Reload after just one of them runs outta Ammo... As best as I know, it's never been fixed. :/

I think the original complaint though was only talking about Player Hand Weapons though...

TK85 likes this.
  12. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

Sure - just pointing out that there seems to be a wider problem with ammo reloads.

13. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

EVA boosts on snow are for noobs. Just warm yourself off an exposed thruster, much easier :)

Alien Swamps getting chased by 10 Assassins are where the real challenge is at

14. Conjurer

Conjurer Ensign

I can't warp past 50 au to get to other solar systems how do I fix

15. Conjurer

Conjurer Ensign

I also have no access to a galaxy map on alpha 12

16. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member Community Representative

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Either you have to set the SolarSystems closer to eachother or modify the Config Files to allow a larger warp range

Tyrax Lightning and TK85 like this.
  17. roggab

roggab Lieutenant

Oh, there would be a nuclear reactor in this game) Yes, and uranium ore would have been made. May be soon or not?

18. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Been getting similar situations on Snow (thio not in those numbers). Still....

With EVA, Snow becomes a typical temperate planet. There is only 1 booster for heat, and it doesn't do much for it. I was able to walk around safely only in Heavy Armor and min 3 Temp boosters.

runlykhel, TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Is anyone else suffering from regular stuck base attacks? I.e. it won't launch the due attack (base showing as "Now") because it thinks an attack against another base is still on-going?

I had an attack vs. my main base. Four Drones (killed and looted) plus one Troop Transport (blown up before it could land) yet I never got the success message. As a result the attack that should be happening "Now" against another base won't trigger. The Console tells me this of course.

I've had this a number of times now and got around it by resetting all attacks, but I wondered if there's another way to sort this?

Just me, or known issue?

Edit: Rather than trying to fix it via the console, I just left it alone this time as I was mid-CV build anyway so the peace was nice. However, the game did resolve things its self in the end. After over an hour and a half of playing, I suddenly got the "you have successfully defended..." message. I did not hear any gun-fire signalling the killing of a remaining enemy - indeed, I'd scoured the area previously killing any and all Zirax I found* - though sometimes sound is wonky so they could have been shooting.

* plenty still spawn around my base area, even though it's not been Zirax territory for ages, not since I took out and took over the Makeshift Watchtower (not my main base) POI there.

Just thought I'd share.

Edit 2: I take it back. I'm still being spammed with "BA attack: not attacking as there is an ongoing attack (allowed=1, ongoing=1". This is despite me explicitly getting the message to say this "blocking" attack was completed. I'm leaving the planet soon anyway, so I'm not too worried. It'll not impact other playfields will it? I mean, if I establish another base on another planet for example.

Scoob.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  20. Autumnf0x

Autumnf0x Ensign

I'm a little confused. Versions of the Experimental branch were released with numbers 12.1.x - 12.6.x. The public release came out at 12.1.x.
    Does this mean that Public release lacks the capabilities integrated in Experimental 12.6.x?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.