Alpha 12.2 Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello Galactic Survivalists!

We released another Alpha 12 patch with more bug fixes and improvements.

==========

2020-07-17 Alpha 12.2.3 Hotfix (Build 2980)

Fixes:
    - rubber banding issues
    - fixed NW package that was sent to server and back to all clients in a loop (should improve NW performance / disconnect popup problem)

==========

2020-07-16 Alpha 12.2.3 Patch (Build 2976)

Changes:
    - Added new network channel for low prio client <-> dedi communication to reduce player disconnects
    - GameTimer timing improvements (SP + MP)

Fixes:
    - Oxygen distribution during decompression issue
    - SSG exception on exporting YAML files
    - an item exploit and some CoQ's

==========

2020-07-09 Alpha 12.2.1 Patch (Build 2971)

Changes:
    - Increased kill timeout of pf servers from 20s to (temporary) 120s

Fixes:
    - Fixed problem that loading of playfields (esp. on playfield servers) took way to long leading to a kill of this pf servers while loading the playfield
    - Optimized network load when moving multiple items

==========

2020-07-02 Alpha 12.2 Hotfix (Build 2969)

Changes:
    - Dedi: less update rate of global player information to relief network

Fixes:
    - Fixed regression that chunks were never unloaded leading to playfield servers leaking memory a lot
    - Fixed regression that Depth of Field being active when looking at the far terrain

==========

2020-07-01 Alpha 12.2 Patch (Build 2968)

CHANGES:

- Added arrow above trader's head to indicate you can talk to him
    - Can talk to traders now already when only Neutral
    - Removed question from initial story denial dialogue
    - The Legacy planet: swapped Epsilon Rocket turrets for armed Helix defense, Keystone is now a Matter Converter POI (Requires new savegame)
    - Matter Converter got a standard NPC core again (may change in the future when rebuild into a dungeon)
    - Disabled 'ArtifactsFloating' group (use LegacyFloatingT1 and LegacyFloatingT2 instead!)
    - Block descriptions: added specific info to hover-popup for all blocks that can be used with NPC dialogues
    - Activated Space Base Defense for all factions
    - Increased max budget and probability of a SBD response (on lvl10; some also on Lvl1) for all factions
    - Changed the Legacy display abbrev from "Aln" to "LGC"
    - Offworld Grave: added 30 sec delay ahead of the drones arrival (Requires new savegame)
    - Totally Overpowered: Recipe can now be retrieved in an alternative (peaceful) way (Requires new savegame)
    - Updated compression for shape highlight icon as it showed artefacts
    - Laser turrets (BA and CV) are now auto-mode when shot manually
    - Added: Destroyed model of Kriel space drone
    - Added: First iteration of Kriel and Zirax Home System (placeholders)
    - When spawning a blueprint now there is automatically a repair to template backup generated (without lock code)
    - Added SpaceDroneKrielLaser to OPV, Freigher and POI defense (space)
    - Added: Anomalous Station A+B (Legacy; TradingStation Sector POI) ; thx to Fractalite
    - Added/updated POI for Pirates; thx to sulusdacor & Fractalite
    - Added Ilmarinen-Class Superfreighter to Polaris Orbital Patrol Vessels (OPV); thx to vermillion
    - Added Accipiter to Kriel OPV group; thx to jrandall
    - Updated all Base Stock Blueprints and a few CV stock blueprints; thx to sulusdacor
    - Added new variants for freighters (space); thx to sulusdacor
    - Teleporters consider attack cooldown only in PvP areas
    - Now disabling property NoShieldReload when you take over a POI
    - Added Polaris and Kriels SpaceLaser drones to OPV, Freighters and orbital Dronebase
    - Updated Zirax and Kriel Home Systems (HomePlanet,-Orbit and Moon do only hold the faction properties now; still wip)
    - Supporting to configure nebula colors in GalaxyConfig (only temporary until we add full nebula support)
    - Control Panel: removed the option to set faction to "Public" as this results in exploits
    - Using own thread for DB processing to reduce delay when executing queries
    - ModApi / IApplication: Added GetStructure(s) methods to request structure infos from the DB
    - Removed empty line in hud text when showing structure with shields active
    - Outputting UTC time in version label now to better be able to sync videos/screenshots to outputlogs
    - Outputting game ticks in logs now to sync better with events in DB
    - Less time for 'Could not read DiscoveredPOIs from DB!' problem to avoid pf server getting killed
    - Dialog-System window: Using control element '@p9' (maximum page wait) will now show a next-page button instead of automatic advancing
    - Limiting offline chat messages to max. the latest 30 for private and faction messages each

FIXES:

- Fix exception when using 'sector' command and system map is open at that time
    - Fix for 'struct' console command not working for user spawned structures. Now 'struct poi true' should convert a user spawned structure into a POI
    - CoQ when closing Telnet Connection
    - Armor boosters description is missing on traders
    - Fixed: Large Console not allowed in blueprints
    - Fixed: Kriel Drone cannot be targeted or destroyed
    - Zirax commanders can fire through walls
    - Fixed Zirax CV Laser turret model
    - [MP] 3PV camera distance is reset when rejoining a server
    - Vessel thruster sounds from other players cannot be heard
    - Turret zoom level applied to 3rd person vessel view after exiting turret
    - CV boarding ramp mesh is missed
    - Turret firing sounds can only be heard from the structure core
    - Fixed CoQ when re-joining a server with previously opened chat window
    - Fixed PDA: Chapters in repeat-cooldown will now indicate this correctly
    - Teleporters consider attack cooldown only in PvP areas
    - Fix for mod Request_Player_ChangePlayerfield
    - Can't interact with Traders
    - Fixed problem that some weather sets did set multiple weathers sometimes leading to bad performance. Lessened the rain particle amount for RainHeavy, RainHeavyStorm, RainMedium to improve performance
    - Fixed that structures (esp. ships) get falsely removed with "out of playfield" messages when they are proxies
    - fixed big performance problem regarding network communication in MP
    - SunFlarePurple, SunFlareYellow, and SunFlareYellow2 all show the same visuals
    - AI space Vessel : with override mode active space vessel ram target bug -> fix
    - Fixed: Console Small turning towards player when set up for NPC dialogues
    - Camera view becomes glitched when players Personal drone is destroyed
    - Infinite personal drone range when launched whilst player is using a turret
    - Alien civilian death animation missing

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. Johnny Jay Appleseed

Will Multiplare servers need to make a new Save Game with this Patch?

TechieZero likes this.
  3. The Salty Snake Chef

Shit.

4. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

So does this mean if you create your own scenario there is no way to have a public building to be spawned that you could claim?

I'm not really sure how a single player could be using it and exploiting others players?

That's sorta like saying I have the max objects turned off and it's an exploit.

Ephoie, VISION305, Khazul and 2 others like this.
  5. Skotty

Skotty Ensign

I think its to stop setting structures to Public to stop drone attacks? Seen a certain youtuber do this recently . . . not mentioning any names . . . (Ahem . . . Spanj!) Oops. Sorry. . .

Fractalite, Spoon and Germanicus like this.
  6. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

So this is wrong? In a solo game?

7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Use the Force codes, Luke !

Ephoie likes this.
  8. The Salty Snake Chef

I've always been tempted to put my structures to public due to the constant drone attacks I get (especially if I have Reforged Galaxy installed). So I believe it's indeed an exploit to put your stuff to public. Makes BA startup early on easy (which should be a slow setup in my opinion).

9. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Then don't do it if that's how you feel. No one is forcing you to flip that toggle. But now we can't even do it if we wanted to.
    How is this any different from living out of the other bases of other factions, avoiding the drones.

This is the first time the devs have made me feel I was a child having to be slapped on the hand and told NO!

Ephoie, runlykhel, malrose1 and 4 others like this.
  10. Oddyseous

Oddyseous Ensign

So... from what I can tell.... Custom scenario servers are screwed, and you can't give any vehicles or bases away to new players on a server anymore since you can't set anything to "Public" anymore. Man this patch, no more public faction is a bit rough. This better have been a game breaking exploit to take away public faction. At least give us origin faction option with everyone from the same origin able to use it.

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  11. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

You know if @ravien_ff felt @spanj had exploited his game by switching his base to public and had said something. Then that's between them. Now if the Devs felt so strong about this then they should have provided a way for scenario creators to turn it on and off, just like how spawning in blueprints can be turned off or on.

I just felt taking it completely away was just an over reaction!

Ephoie, runlykhel, malrose1 and 3 others like this.
  12. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe if your base attack probabilities were a bit more reasonable this wouldn't be necessary? Perhaps if drones didn't have INSANE damage modifiers against blocks and ABSURD amounts of HP people might be more willing to expose themselves to base attacks early game? Maybe work on ground trooper path finding so they wouldn't resort to boring through walls and "hacking" your core? Perhaps if base attack difficulty actually scaled based the amount of threat the player posed?

Sarcasm aside getting a base attack as soon as you place a core in your very first starter base isn't "fun" or "challenging". It is at best annoying and at worst frustrating. Sometimes frustrating enough to end that play through. For new player its probably just confusing. It sure as hell confuses me though at this point it probably shouldn't.

There are many things that could have been done to fix this problem PROPERLY and yet you chose the lazy, hacky way. Not impressed.

Edit
    To be clear, I don't object to what your trying to do so much as the hamfisted, idiotic way your going about it. Either do it right or don't do it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  13. spacedaddy

spacedaddy Ensign

Yeah, I find the building, resource collecting, exploring parts of game very, VERY well done. But being under constant threat is not my cup of tea. I should be able to set the bar for my SP playthrrough as when and how I want to start engaging with baddies.

runlykhel and Wellingtoon like this.
  14. The Salty Snake Chef

Not sure how the devs would be able to fix the public faction option to be honest. I haven't logged onto the game but it feels that the public faction being disabled is showing the problem with BA attacks. To be honest I never had the set to public option on much other than for HVs and SVs. So I'd be a bad choice for recommending things. I think Spanj's video had put enough motivation on devs to change the set to public option.

Germanicus and Fractalite like this.
  15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I know many "open world" games and nowhere is there a thing such as a "neutral" stance for the player. Fresh new players can walk into the den of the Dragon, and pay the price. Next time they may choose another destination to try to level up a bit ?

If we're supposed to get a new "skill tree" at some point, I'm not too surprised to see some perceivably "drastic" changes here and there. Simple remedy here for multiplayer is to warn players that they have to choose a faction as soon as possible if they want some goodies ...

For singleplayer, we have been told a long time ago that the developers did not want players to stick on the starter planet and try to build their fortress there right from the bat. Worth repeating... But for those who insist, there are The All Powerful Codes. Why insist on making things difficult on ourselves at this stage of development ?

Travis9x likes this.
  16. Apollyon

Apollyon Lieutenant

If you don't want early base attacks you can just turn it off in the settings before you load your save and change it anytime.

Jacoviz, Germanicus, Liang and 6 others like this.
  17. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Then why take out the public option? So is there some other exploit were not seeing?

runlykhel likes this.
  18. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Spawning "neutral" portable siege shelters close to enemy structures ?

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Nice. This should help with the "where the hell is that coming from" sentry turret fun when raiding a POI. It'll also be great for our own bases and CV's to tell which turrets are firing. I assume this fix doesn't help with general audio positioning though? I.e. the sounds critters etc. make.

I think removing the "Public" option is fair, as it's a total exploit - albeit one I only noticed fairly recently myself. I have used it - more to see what it actually did than anything - and it's silly powerful. I mean, I could protect my SV's parked right in the open, halt an attack on a Base while the attack was in-progress. So, it needed to be sorted.

Regarding Base attacks in general - I just wish my turrets were more responsive. Sure, Drones appear to have a much longer engagement range than they once did - this is good -approaching that of basic BA Turrets. However, when my turrets simply don't fire for up to 30 seconds at times when a Drone comes into range. That's a problem. Turrets not firing / taking ages to switch targets, gets worse the longer the session you've been playing. Many a time I've had Base or CV Turrets become largely unresponsive, only to Save / Reload and they instantly work perfectly again. This really needs looking into, but the problem cannot be shown in a save of course.

Note: I've gotten into the habit of turning off all Base Turrets unless an attack is in progress. I think it helps somewhat with turret response, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Scoob.

20. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

POIs can be spawned as public and claimed by the player (e.g. Hongo, Opportunity, etc...). Structures spawned by the player will now always be Private.
    Transfer of ownership in MP i'd guess is handled by removing the core and having the new owner replace it.
    Public use of devices in a private structure would probably be handled by giving any accessible device a 0000 lock code, which makes it publicly accessible through faction locks.

For anyone that read the entire changelog and cares, here's the new drones for the other factions:
    Kriel
    NewGame_1_2020-06-24_02-24-36.png
    NewGame_1_2020-06-24_02-24-14.png
    Polaris
    NewGame_0_2020-06-27_13-39-05.png
    NewGame_0_2020-06-27_13-39-16.png
    Trade Guild
    NewGame_0_2020-06-27_13-39-34.png
    NewGame_0_2020-06-27_13-39-41.png
    No info on the zirax turrets?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.