Alpha 12.3 Public Release

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

A "deco" version would require some differences to avoid being used as decoy in PvP (players wasting ammo on deco versions).

2. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

@Hummel-o-War @Taelyn
    Sorry, but before the release of V1.0, I hope that the localization of the game can go further. As far as I know, there are two bugs that only appear in Chinese and Japanese.
    1. Task steps cannot be displayed

2. In the logistics menu, the renamed container cannot be displayed normally
    This is a problem that has existed since the birth of PDA, and I am also curious why no one has reported it for so long
    Should be a small problem

3. TK85

TK85 Captain

The new warp is wonderful!

Don't have a retractable minigun for SVs on purpose?

4. AlbaN

AlbaN Commander

Nice update !

There is no info in release note about railguns are also available to HV

EternalHeathen and Robot Shark like this.
  5. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

@Hummel-o-War @Taelyn
    Sorry, but before the release of V1.0, I hope that the localization of the game can go further. As far as I know, there are two bugs that only appear in Chinese and Japanese.
    1. Task steps cannot be displayed
    [​IMG]

2. In the logistics menu, the renamed container cannot be displayed normally
    This is a problem that has existed since the birth of PDA, and I am also curious why no one has reported it for so long
    Should be a small problem

Supay likes this.
  6. arcticsnowyt

arcticsnowyt Commander

Please forgive my acronym "newbie-ness", but what does CoQ stand for? As in, "Galaxy map CoQ when placing a waypoint on a planet in another star".

7. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member Community Representative

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Cant. No free id numbers anymore

8. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member Community Representative

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Continue or Quit

9. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    It's for the "Continue or Quit" window that can appear when a exception is triggered.

10. arcticsnowyt

arcticsnowyt Commander

Taelyn likes this.
  11. Talondale

Talondale Ensign

Well my Low Memory Detected is back on restart. It had been gone. Old save loaded but was a little jittery at first like it was reloading the planet, which it may have been doing. Will see how it works going forward.

12. tachyon

tachyon Commander

I heard that before. Can you explain this a bit further? Has this to do with the type of the Id?

dichebach, monktk and AlbaN like this.
  13. RealStrixx

RealStrixx Ensign

Is that normal that you can see the HUD while warping?

14. dichebach

dichebach Captain

On the issue of the detectors: I don't do much PVP, so have never felt a need to have two in a build. But with that said . . . I remember days before detectors even existed and, OH! how much better the game is with them. I say this to make the point that . . . for a game like this one, a core design that allows for almost infinite extensibilty and instance variation is a GOOD thing. Let us say for example, some enterprising end-user feels that "detector" is just a bit too generic, and decides in years to come to embark on an "Enhanced Detection and Intelligence" mod. They intend to have three tiers of "Detector" for each construct, or perhaps they wish to go even further and represent various types of remote sensing (ladar, radar, sonar, signals intell, etc., etc.) . . .

If your architecture is such that you are already "running out of new IDs" then I guess we can kiss prospects of stuff like the above goodbye?

I have a hunch what you are referring to, and I have worked on a legacy app that suffered much the same thing. It was first written in C in the mid 1980s and at that time it seemed absolutely extravagant I suppose that the arrays that held the structs to represent things like ship types, weapons platforms, etc. went all the way from index 0 to 10,000! :eek: But by 2006, as the old engine and the games it had spawned was STILL being used to churn out new products, it had turned out that 10,000 was paltry by contemporary hardware standards.

This is not an area of expertise for me and I only have a hunch what you guys are talking about here, but if I'm on the right track, might I suggest: this project has enormous long-term potential, but if the classes that handle things like device types are already running out of indices, then it might be time to fork the code, set one of your more autistic programmers to work for 4 months to completely reconfigure how all the data structures are configured, so that the potential for growth is restored?

15. sloe

sloe Lieutenant

Wow! Extremely pleased with the drone AI improvements, can't wait to try the new stuff.

16. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Last version, including experimental ? So we can all go back to "public version" now ? Just to be sure. Thanks.

Just want to know if I can skip another version switch, as the last one was 3 gb...

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  17. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Just one reason more to don't have a limit on them =).

dichebach and Kassonnade like this.
  18. Metallica_Hoop

Metallica_Hoop Lieutenant

Looks good thanks.

I'm waiting for it to update. I feel an evening of Empyrion coming on.

19. byo13

byo13 Captain

I don't know if it's the new Unity version or if you guys fixed someething, but I see better performance in 12.3.
    Before there was a stutter issue that I presumed having to do with sound effects loading because it happened everytime a weapon is getting reloaded. Now the playability is more fluid in my system.

I must say the new warp animation is really cool but maybe it'd be a good idea to lessen the blinking a bit. Very rare but some people have photosensitive epilepsy.

I must say what an excellent update! Gonna test it a little more now.

Kassonnade likes this.
  20. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Im not the brightest bulb in the toolbox of elevators that dont go to the top floor...

So, if I am playing an old save, a bunch of this stuff wont show up...new POIs/Traders/NPCs and stuff?

Trying to see if its worth restarting (which is fun), or continuing to enjoy the shiny new size 17 CV I literally just started using last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.