Alpha 12.3 Public Release

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon

tachyon Commander

You can...

Bollen likes this.
  2. Freschmeet

Freschmeet Ensign

As a server host, how do I update this difficulty setting? I don't see anything like "spawn difficulty" or a generic Difficulty in the config files.

3. Spoon

Spoon Captain

They take a bit of getting used to. You can also fall off the ladders withing a 1x1 tunnel going up/down.... I've done it.. :)
    It depends on where you looking while going up. If you are looking up then you gradually come away from the ladder. Just look straight in front and all is good.

With regards to the difficulty, its good that you can change it. I'm new to the game so I've put it on 'easy' so I don't loose my stuff. The enemy difficulty is on 'medium' though. There is no way I'm loosing my stuff cause I can't see the minute crosshair when I'm blasting away...

Bollen likes this.
  4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quite a new addition, yes, and fully climbable, but not in the intuitive way - basically they're an elevator block that looks like a ladder functionality-wise. I.e. get close, press space / c to climb / descend.

Scoob.

Bollen likes this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Its lesser "climbing" but more "sliding". Working like an Elevator by pressing Space Bar

johnietoth1967 and Bollen like this.
  6. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Thank you everybody!

Germanicus likes this.
  7. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Oh heck I've fallen out of the elevator a number of times. :eek:That's why I always put walls or windows around the elevator shaft now.:rolleyes:

monktk, TK85 and Germanicus like this.
  8. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Ha, ha, ha, ha! Slightly oversized, but still funny...! :D
    Creative 12.6_2020-07-24_21-48-22.png

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I started a fresh game in 12.3, snow planet, and all CV Wrecks I find are "Crashed DSE Mid" three so far, I thought there was only supposed to be one of each type when it comes to wreck that are in multiple parts? I would have expected a Front, Mid and Rear rather than three Mids.

Scoob.

Travis9x likes this.
  10. Bollen

Bollen Captain

I have to say, I still can't see these.... Maybe they forgot to add them...?

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I think they're for POIs, not crew, unfortunately

Bollen likes this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Some are to be found in Trade Stations, like Polaris - as @Brimstone said, they are mainly for POI's.

Bollen likes this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Captain

But you can fall of a ladder in the same block, if you are looking up while pressing the space bar. You gradually come away from the ladder when looking up, which is a natural thing. Putting sides on will not help.
    As I say, if you look straight forward all is good.

RazzleWin likes this.
  14. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Sure, that seems to be the bit about new traders, but this one implies that they are "deco" blocks...

15. Asmodan

Asmodan Lieutenant

Ok, nice Update so far. But how i'm supposed to survive in Space now when every Zirax in the Playfield (incl. powerful shielded CV) is coming after me? Flying to Space with my first CV is a Death Sentence now. :/

16. Addy

Addy Lieutenant

That's called progress, adapt to new challenges and survive :D

Bollen and TK85 like this.
  17. Dragen3

Dragen3 Lieutenant

Fly away from anything you can not fight and warp out (probably away from Zirax Space) as quickly as possible. Even with all the Zirax wanting you dead, space is still big and movement is still slow enough you can probably dodge them long enough to warp out.

Kassonnade, Sofianinho and Asmodan like this.
  18. ChumSickle

ChumSickle Captain

Ill agree that the new "NPCs calling for help" thing is a pretty interesting challenge. The crashed titan on the moon in the starter system is usually my go-to for some decent salvage. But there are two patrolling drones less than 1k from much of the wreckage. I am concerned that if I clear the drones, they will just send more, and more...

So on one hand, I think its awesome and realistic....on the other hand...I want ma' loots...

19. Asmodan

Asmodan Lieutenant

I played a bit with the current version and still have a Problem with the Zirax CV. I can fly away and try to quick mine some asteroids before the Zirax CV arrives and be constantly on the run. But this is not fun and i only get a few resources before i need to flee. I'm coming from the starter Planet which doesn't have any good ressources and build a (imho) pretty good CV from salvaging things and loot POIs. It has 12 Canon Turrets, a Shield and i thought i could mine some asteroids or salvage some wrecks to add some good Weapons, but the Zirax CV is too strong and blocks me from doing that. I warped to an Asteroid field and was hoping to get some ores there but again immediately encountered a Zirax CV which followed me like a slow homing Missile. I mean i'm coming from the starter Planet, i should not need an Endgame CV to survive there. Don't get me wrong, i want to fight such Capital Vessels, but not when i first fly into Space and not all of the time.

Doing Quests like the Planetary Remnants Mission is going to be impossible for me in this state, because i can not stay in Space and clear the POI without my CV being shred into pieces. I think the new mechanic would be good if a Zirax POI is under Attack and Ships from all of the Sector comes to help defending the POI, but not for following you around all of the time.

monktk, arcticsnowyt and iliapugach like this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Essentially, what @Dragen3 wrote up here.

You can either fight, or get away. You don't have to try to pick up every shiny diamond you see. If you need to clear a POI and it's too tough, take your time to get "tougher" (better equipment and ships). If too many opponents, make a wise choice and either isolate them, or fly away. If they are slow, you can get far enough to get some resources, but you can't expect them to stop looking for you.

There are no easy design solutions for ships if you want an easy win against a warship while you don't have top class equipment and low resources. The "quests" can wait all the time you need to get prepared. If it says "go destroy this building" and you accept, then it waits for completion, but it will not prevent you from doing something else in the meantime.

Well that's true as long as you're not given a specific delay for tasks...

Sofianinho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.