Alpha 12 - Crafting, Minerals & Balancing

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 15, 2020.

?

Like the feature? Give a Thumbs Up!

1. Thumbs up!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Many thumbs up!

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    CRAFTING, MATERIALS & BALANCING
    • Added Ice as a an alternative water resource (f.ex. obtained from orbital Asteroids; Ice Blocks > Water Jugs)
    • Added Titanium as a new resource (Titanium Ore > Titanium Rods > Titanium Plates)
    • Added Platinum ( Ore > Bar > Ounce) and Aluminum ( Ore > Powder > Coil); Both currently only as collectibles and for trading; not used in crafting yet. Obtainable from planetary deposits and asteroids in certain locations only (Hint: Watch out for Zirax Commanders ;) )
    • Renamed 'Hardened Steel Plates' to 'Sathium Plates' to reflect the changed crafting logic and to reduce confusion. Examples: As of Alpha 12, Hardened Steel building blocks require Titanium Plates; Combat Steel building blocks use Sathium Plates; Windows S now require Titanium Plates, and so on.
    • Item grid sorting > added: item type, food points, mass and volume
    • Item-Sorting now persistent per container/inventory (per savegame)
    • Item grid auto-sorting now combines stacks of same item type and meta and saves the selected mode in the savegame
    • More (basic) templates added to Portable Constructor, Small Constructor (BA) & Mobile Constructor (HV & SV)
    • Significantly increased stacking size of all Blocks (max stack now 4000, f.ex. for small devices like lights, flares, sensors etc.)
    • Rebalanced most blocks and items: mass, volume, energy and performance factors (energy, foodpoints, etc)
    • Rebalanced/slightly adjusted most of the templates in the context of the material change
    • Rebalanced Suits and Boosters ( Base-Values of Suits are a bit lower; In return, Suit Booster module effects are made stronger)
    • Lowered Durability drop for player armors
    • Increased Shield-Damage of NPC Faction Plasma Turrets (Green/Red)
    • Reputation: Reduced amount of Reputation points gained/lost by destroying enemy base blocks
    • Reputation: Reduced amount of Reputation points gained/lost from killing other factions enemies
    • Added Radiation-removal to all Anti-Rad medicals ( Ointment: -1, Pill: -3, Injection: -5, Decontamination Kit: -7)
    • Reduced crafting cost of Portable Constructor, Mobile Heater/Cooler and O2 Condenser
    • Detector (Handheld) can be crafted in Survival Constructor (no cost; Removed Berry Juice for the required slot
    • Fuel Cells and Fusion Cells cannot be broken down further anymore
    • Added trading goods/items: ToxicLiquid, AlphaVirus, Tablet
    • Removed Devices from other device's recipes and substituted with their components instead + the crafting time of the device used. CV T2 Repair Bay, BA T2 Repair Bay, T2 Constructor, T2 Autominer, T3 Autominer, LightWork02, BA T2 Shield Generator, CV T2 Shield Generator, T2 RCS and All CPU Extenders (replaced core and previous tiers with their components)
    • Adjusted turning speed of some of the turrets (increased mostly)
    Phase5_Aluminium.jpg

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    -tba-

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Wrong post for this. You'll probably find faster answers in general.

4. jones99306

jones99306 Lieutenant

Ok, I moved it to General, though it deals specifically with this patch and I felt the developers wanted such things in this thread.

5. Trump

Trump Commander

> Lowered Durability drop for player armors

Still way too fast. My heavy armor went from fully repaired to 0 durability halfway though 1 mid game POI.

On a side note, you can still get 1 shot by zirax shotgunners and 2 shot by a number of enemies even in heavy armor with armor mods. This makes ground combat just not fun.

Ambaire likes this.
  6. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Heavy armor has 1000 durability. You have an 8% chance of losing 1 durability when hit. You'd need to be hit over 10000 times to deplete your armor.

7. Trump

Trump Commander

This is entirely incorrect in my experience. I started with fully repaired heavy armor with 1 armor, 1 eva and 2 multi mods and received between 5,000 and 10,000 damage in at most 100 individual hits during the POI before the durability was 0. Likewise the pirate base in totally overpowered took my durability to half even though I took about half as much damage.

8. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

My apologies, it's 800 durability.
    Code:
      Durability: 800, display: true
      DegradationFac: 0.08, type: float, display: false

Straight from the config from v-2955.

ChumSickle likes this.
  9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I think the DegredationFac is based on damage done, not hits taken.

When I was testing with the old armor durability settings, a single hit from a level 10 nightmare on hard difficulty took off 1/3 the durability of a light armor, whereas the same hit from a level 1 enemy took off far less durability.

Vermillion and krazzykid2006 like this.
  10. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, that's probably a good thing. You'd be insane to need 10000 hits to break your armor.

ravien_ff likes this.
  11. Trump

Trump Commander

I did a test and lost 4 durability per hit on standard settings. I had been playing on hardest settings when my armor was wiped out in 100 hits. This is a bit much.

12. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Thoughts about Constructors:

Suit constructor should be able to make steak and berry juice. Also could be nice with 4 out slots.

HV and SV constructors ought to be able to craft all ammo and most devices up to lvl 15. Along with basic stuff and base equipment (is OK now mostly).

Portable Constructor should be able to make basic HV and its constructor (also mostly OK).

The difference between large and advanced constructor might be devices and equipment from lvl 20.

Recipe content in general is an ongoing balancing process, so not that important until closer to release.

13. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Combat Steel Blocks and similar: Those should also contain titanium (plates), upgrading and downgrading between Hardened Steel Blocks becomes a bit weird now.

14. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

Uh, what. No way to expand the suit constructor list?