Alpha 12 Experimental - Info

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Most of you might wonder, when the Alpha 12 Experimental will hit your PC. Good news!

If everything works out as planned, the Experimental phase will start anytime next week!
    As always..no liabilities assumed.

There is one thing to know about the upcoming Experimental.

For Alpha 12 we made a real BIG change in how the game handles data and info by adding a persistent database. This offers a myriad of new possibilities - in fact, it made some of the Alpha 12 features possible in the first place - but this needs to be tested in-depth, especially for Multiplayer.

That’s why this time, in the first week of the Experimental release, we will only have our own EXP Server as a testing field.

This way, we will be able to grab all the logs directly and track the performance of the database in a live environment with the highest possible load. Again, and to be precise: this is for this initial phase (only!!)

We hope everyone planning to set up an own EXP Server will understand this move, as testing the database is crucial for the progress of the game as a whole.

Rest assured the EXP will have a server version released, as soon as the tests are passed and we are confident about the stability of the database.

The Singleplayer version will of course be available from day one, just the dedicated server version will be delayed.

If things go accordingly, this initial phase might only last a few days. A minor period, given the Alpha 12 is a milestone release with an Experimental phase of several weeks, where we will be happy to see a lot of Experimental-version servers out there.

A note for the server owners, as this might not be known a lot: feel free to get in touch with us about any global topics via [email protected] (Feedback, Ideas etc.. no specific topic ;) )

Hope to see you soon playing the Experimental version! :)
    - Empyrion Dev Team

PS: For all of you interested in an evening talk about Alpha 12 and maybe some gameplay right from the final Experimental pre-release candidate, tune in to our Dev Q&A, hosted by Spanj: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-12-preview-and-dev-q-a-live.92616/

liveA12Preview&Q&A.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Ephoie, Josey Wales, TiwBras and 26 others like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Great News. Thank You!

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Indeed :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Tyrax Lightning and KRanKO5 like this.
  4. Welderold

Welderold Lieutenant

Ööööö... PVE player can still download and test A12?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

You gonna survive this ( I am a strict SP myself)
    EGS EXP.jpg

This is not the updated Multi System version yet;)

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You will be able to play single player during the first week (confirmed on Discord).
    It just looks like if you want to play multiplayer the first week, you'll have to do it on their test server.

7. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

You still need the SP client in order to connect to the MP server, so SP is going to be available from the start no matter what.
    They just aren't releasing the MP server files to the public for the first week.
    That's how I read it anyways.

I plan to test it on the EXP server for at least the first week to help out, assuming it's not 100% full all the time. Lol.

8. Liang

Liang Captain

Wait so no single player EXP the first week?!? :( please god no....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:confused:o_O:(

9. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

Time to book my vacation time and stock up on unhealthy snacks!

10. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Read the posts above yours. They are saying yes you will be able to play solo right from the start :D

11. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Yes it IS going to be available the first week for single player. That's what the 2 posts above yours were saying.

It will not be available for you to run a miltiplayer server of your own until the second week.
    For the first week you can only play single player or play multiplayer on the official EXP server.

12. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

This sentence should be, "That is why for this release the experimental version will be available from Steam for all single player games, but multiplayer will only be available on our own EXP server for the first week."

13. Liang

Liang Captain

Yes, this would be better for my heart made delicate from 2 weeks of quarantine related boredom. I look forward to testing the shit out of this.

14. Kahrek

Kahrek Captain

Is anybody else just waiting for the patch notes to hit so you can figure out how many of your BPs you are going to have to look at, discontinue or just redo from scratch?

I have been putting off doing any work on blueprints just for this and now that the time is night I might not have enough time.

Tyrax Lightning and ravien_ff like this.
  15. Liang

Liang Captain

I do this with every major update but there are more than of few of ships that I will never discontinue. If too many changes are made that will make me decide between my favorites or features, those features are going to get turned off or modified so my favorite ships can still be used. The Persus is a prime example, best CV created in the game so far and thankfully have been able to make modifications to it so all recently created features can be used.

16. Elenia

Elenia Ensign

awesome news in SP or MP we want it ! :)

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Progress can not be achieved by keeping old stuff alive at any costs therefore...;)

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Soon!

Tyrax Lightning, Maris and Liang like this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ooo, perhaps this is the nudge I need to try out Multi-Player properly. Only interested in PvE though, I like to co-operate in games.

My internet isn't so hot, 20 mpbs down and 1 mbps up currently, though FTTP is almost here, the Fibre is now connected to the pole right outside the house, just need to wait for the next step.

Scoob.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You'll still be able to play single player.

Tyrax Lightning and Fractalite like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.