Alpha 12 Experimental - Phase 6

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Giving a fixed date for a release is always a bit of a risk, but if everything goes accordingly, you should save the following date for the Empyrion Alpha 12 public release: June, 15th.

Just as a disclaimer, although we know all of our community members are pretty much aware of the following: If today's Experimental phase 6 and the upcoming phase 7 release (scheduled for this friday) show any serious issues, well, then the release day will of course be pushed back a day or two. ;)

That being said, on behalf of the Eleon Game Studios development team and the QA crew: thanks a lot for your tremendous amount of positive comments on the upcoming Alpha 12 features and thanks even more for all the bug reports and helpful feedback! :)

With today’s phase 6 release, we add another bunch of fixes and adjustments but also a new variant to start your game experience: Snow Starter!

Phase6.jpg
    Note: the Snow Starter will NOT offer any tutorial, but will let you play all the missions.

Please find the full changelog added below.

As usual:
    While the Experimental phases last, we will continue to update the following post with the latest Experimental version changelogs for hotfixes and intermediate bugfix patches: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-12-experimental-updates-and-hotfixes.92687/

For discussing the new and updated features, please head over to the pinned threads in our Experimental Feedback forum: https://empyriononline.com/forums/experimental-features-discussion.35/

Phase6_Kriel.jpg

Important note, related to our Experimental Server: the server needs to be wiped with today's update, as we integrated some database related changes that will help us to improve not only multiplayer-related features. The wipe is also necessary to introduce all the POI changes as well as having the Station Services added to the game world - which is, for the same reasons, recommended for Single Player as well.

For everyone who wants to play the new Invader vs Defender Scenario, please be aware that a final version is coming with the public release next week.

For the public release, we strongly recommend starting a new game with the release version, for getting all the latest fixes and features in your multiplayer AND singleplayer games!

Have fun playing! :)

Phase6_Epsilong.jpg

== CHANGELOG ==

GALAXY
    • Slightly increased probability of all NPC factions to appear in non-faction territory
    • Added nebula color green/blue. Nebulas change color slightly faster now
    • Nebulas: tweaked billboards a bit, nebulas get now colored according to their positioning to avoid too many colors adjacent
    • Slightly desaturated red/blue nebula
    • Solar system map: added ability to highlight all moons
    STATION SERVICES
    • All TradingStations (orbital) are now offering Station Services
    • Added Station Services to many more orbital stations (those that make sense and with services that mostly apply to the POIs theme)
    • All Starter Plantes Polaris Trading Stations are now offering Station Services
    • Added & adjusted pricing for all items relating to 'Station Service' (ItemsConfig / BlocksConfig)
    • Added ingame message when a player gets close enough to a structure with station services
    • Added faction logo to station services window
    GAME WORLD
    • Added new SNOW STARTER playfield (No Tutorial; All Story and Loyalty missions activated.)
    • The Legacy playfields: updated description / removed other factions POI and ships
    • Updated other space playfields (removed very old Zirax Stations)
    • Updated all space playfields: Only vessels and bases of the territory owner (and those allowed in their territories) should show up; Drones/Dronebase not yet changed (needs new code).
    REGISTRY
    • Showing now fill level for the planet resources (also on other playfields)
    • Optimization to load less data on opening
    • Added icon for teleporter and station services if structure supports
    OTHER & TWEAKS
    • Updated Default (Random) Multiplayer scenario (does not offer Tutorial or Story Mission!)
    • Allowing proximity log now on terrain placeable (f.e. auto miners or survival constructors)
    • Voxel resource drill resistance: Titan now "medium", Sathium now "hard" (was reverse before)
    • Tweaked scanner delay a bit, so POIs should popup a bitter better synced to scanner graphics effect (only on planet)
    • DialogSystem window: Exchanged font for main text and answer options to our standard UI font, reduced default font size
    • HUD objects: Z sorting and dark background to improve readability
    • Player drone may now spawn nearby Admin POIs
    • AI drone and vessel configuration : AI in configuration yaml file will be filtered according the faction allowance in the current world
    • Adjusted some NPC prefabs to better support the dialog arrow
    • Rework of Marketplace to work with the DB
    POI
    • Added Progenitor artifacts to more playfields
    • Added: Outpost Nina (Pirates), Xenu Fuel Depot T1 (Zirax); thx to sulusdacor
    • Updated Zirax: Epsilon Com Center, Epsilon Defense 1; thx to vermillion
    • Added Kriel: Vectrum, Turrim Alveo; Updated Kriel Center; thx to jrandall
    • Updated Trader: Added new TraderDefenseHQ POI to defend TraderMain POIs
    • Added placeholder OPV for Kriel and Traders Guild
    • Updated: Tutorial Hoverbike, UCH Dart, Epsilon Defence II (thx to vermillion)
    • Updated: Outpost Nina (Pirates) & Xenu Fuel Depot (thx to sulusdacor)
    MISSIONS
    • Tales of The Past: optimized AlienTower interior lighting timing
    • Totally Overpowered: Pirates drop to unfriendly when base is discovered (they know you are coming from Polaris)
    • Ancient Revelations: The Illmarien will be fully salvageable for those completing the mission
    BUGFIXES
    • Fixed: Thruster heat & radiation zone misplaced when vessel is rotated
    • Fixed: PaxPurgatory and SkyGuy bars do not buy Platinum Bars
    • Fixed: Lock sector button issues with non-galaxy mode games, and several other discrepancies with its enabled state and distance label.
    • Fixed dialog arrow being wrong positioned on sitting SciFi gambling NPC
    • Fixed: Sometimes a COQ can trigger after turret fire
    • Fixed: Projectile Turrets hit themselves
    • Fixed: Global seed doesn't work with fixed Scenarios
    • Fixed: Duplicate playfield name exception
    • Fixed: Declining Robinson Protocol leads to corrupted savegame
    • Fixed: Station service takes money without services
    • Fixed: Pirates territory does not contain stars for some seeds
    • Fixed: Two sentries in Hidden Pirate base were not destructible
    • Fixed: Loot Container not reachable anymore in Derelict Ship due to indestructible walkway
    • Fixed: Station service buttons do not have text
    • Fixed: Door Corner 01 forcefield showing from one side when door is closed
    • Fixed: Wildlife Cam completing on 1st deposit found
    • Fixed: Repositioning vessels on entering a moon/planet was not working when they got repositioned on moons or planets that were not located at 0,0,0
    • Fixed: Removal of warp tank is not recognised by CV as missing until warp engaged resulting in CoQ
    • Fixed: Station Interface: fix for warp container not getting filled correctly if mass/volume active
    • Fixed problem that sometimes your own structures without a clone chamber/medic bay showed up as respawn option
    • Fixed: [MP] Teleporter trap base with public faction
    • Fixed: Jetpack turns off after teleport from planet to space
    • Fixed: Blocks placed in wrong locations when using pageup/pagedown
    • Fixed: Blast Doors can get stuck & not fully open
    • Fixed: CoQ on dedi when doing 'gents' console command or the mod command to request all structures
    • Fixed: Incorrect state of target lock button when ctrl-clicking
    • Fixed: Sometimes system map doesn't open correctly when double clicking from galaxy map
    • Fixed: The Legacy planets appearing outside of The Legacy territory
    • Fixed: Marketplace old savegame compatibility
    • Fixed: DroneBases, PlanetVesselBases & Drones / PV missing
    • Fixed: No ammunition display for turrets in vessels
    • Fixed problem that asteroid fields were not created in territory areas
    • Possible fix for sporadic DB exception when changing playfields
    • Fixed: Station service cost button text blinking

Attached Files:

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

3. Captain

Captain Commander

Great work ! keep it up ! :D

4. elmo

elmo Captain

Thank you, Can now start on snow planet... brilliant

Tyrax Lightning, TK85, Cased and 8 others like this.
  5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I am so excited for that snow starter!

monktk, Tyrax Lightning, TK85 and 6 others like this.
  6. The Salty Snake Chef

Damn...I have to start a new save again? I just started a Project Eden playthrough! For real though nice.

7. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Great work and update!

Im glad we have the option to start on snow planet.
    Can we take that further and allow starting on all planets.
    For example, starting on alien world.

Also, having explored much, are there plans to have new planet types added to the galaxy any time soon?

Note: I hope I dont sound entitled, I am just excited for your game.

8. The Salty Snake Chef

I would like to see more sun types in my opinion (Magnetars) and see more well...dead worlds. I am however fully enjoying this update. Haven't touched this game in over a year and going back into it due to a friend has gotten me hooked. Last time I think I played was from Alpha 9 or 10 and darn...A lot has changed since then.

9. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I agree 100%. More dead worlds making it more realistic.
    The chances of finding life being small, would make the experience of finding life way more rewarding too. One small element of exploration imo.

10. The Salty Snake Chef

To expand on that. Since we have the galaxy updated. Can we see a little more realistic worlds? I personally
    Dead worlds especially nearby sun's sould be fun to play in, minus the being cooked alive without a spacesuit, and having volcanic moons would be amazing to play with. As our gas giant Jupiter has been causing volcanic activity in Io. A moon that doesn't have a hot core to our current knowledge, but is active on the surface. I remember when I first encountered a backwater moon on a gas giant immediately though of planet base. The game is truly becoming something that I can highly recommend to any space explorer gamer. It has that sense of wonder I have for Elite: Dangerous, so long as I don't fire my guns inside the space station. Empyrion has yet to compliment death space police cops.

Tyrax Lightning and VISION305 like this.
  11. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Yeah two big problems (imo) that I am sure the devs are aware of with the new galaxy are the following:
    Lack of planet variety and lack of creature variety. Making more planets types that are lifeless will help with the lack of variety in creatures since there would be less planets to fill with creatures in the first place. And a lack of planet variety is the second issue. Right now I believe I have discovered all the planet types in a matter of 2 or 3 warps. Temporate, desert, baren, baren metal (awesome by the way), alien, arid, and legacy.
    With the new update you wont find legacy until you reach the legacy bubble but still.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  12. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Captain

Um, why? Their pirates, and pirates like money. If your not hostile with them then there is no reason why you should be able to just walk in a pay them to get it.
    Why would they steal something that they weren't intending to to turn around and sell to the highest bidder?
    There is no reason why every mission has to be resulted violently.

Lyceq and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

You had me at Snow Starter :)

Scoob.

14. eLLe

eLLe Captain

Looking at where Empyrion is now and where my second favorite game No Mans Sky is, I slowly realize that Empyrion is getting closer to the point where it can be said that it is a better game. I skipped a couple of alphas, that is, I didn't play it for more than a year. From the beginning of this experimental phase, I can say that I am having a good time. The Galaxy has rounded out the game space and now he has one more thing left that could make this game the best of its kind. Something that speaks all the time, the physics of water and everything that comes with it. Water surfaces on the planets deeper with more diverse life in them. Possibilities of building underwater bases, underwater vehicles as well as those that can sail or be combined. With that, as I already said, we are entering the beta phase of working on the game and there goes the fine tuning and optimization for the final version. When the game comes out as one complete game, then new possibilities and contents can be added via the update. So I see this game for a maximum of a year.

15. pcoborys

pcoborys Ensign

This, please. Now that there is a system for expanded dialog and quests, it would be awesome to have multiple ways to complete objectives.

Tyrax Lightning and TK85 like this.
  16. TK85

TK85 Captain

I was very happy with that!

Tyrax Lightning and elmo like this.
  17. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Commander

Still nothing for mass reducing max speed :/

18. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

For a while, I have been thinking correcting this was the single biggest change that the game needs. I'm no longer 100% positive of this.

After watching Spanj's series on the Legacy homeworld, I'm considering that a grenade launcher may be the #1 most needed addition...

Any former Natural Selection players know exactly why...

19. Horten

Horten Lieutenant

Oh, this is what I asked for. Thank you!

Tyrax Lightning, TK85 and ravien_ff like this.
  20. Maihes

Maihes Lieutenant

I have a question, is there in plan (because i think i saw some posts about it) to remove the waypoints from other galaxies/systems as i find it annoying to see the marks of all the waypoints from starter planet when im in a different system/galaxy + when i mark an object to show on hud(e.g. an equipment from a vessel/base whatever like a constructor or anything else) and then i salvage it it still shows the mark even after that so thats annoying since i often forget to disable the mark b4 salvaging. (i'm not sure after alpha 6 since haven't tested that yet but just asking)

eLLe, Tyrax Lightning, TK85 and 2 others like this.