Alpha 12 - Space Base Attack & Base Attacks

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 15, 2020.

?

Like the feature? Give a Thumbs Up!

1. Thumbs up!

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Many thumbs up!

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    SPACE BASE DEFENSE & BASE ATTACKS
    • Added: Space Base Defense ( Attacked POIs will call for reinforcements; Reinforcements do not always appear, depending on several factors, eg. playfield level) (SDS)
    • Updated SpaceOrbitstarter Alien and Mines to new SpaceBaseDefense Override Syntax
      Code:
      SpaceDefenseOverrideDefaults: True
      SpaceDefenseProbability: 0
      SpaceDefensePriceMinMax: [ 30, 60 ]
      Note: Only SpaceDefenseOverrideDefaults is a setting that is mandatory in case you want to handle an individual POI different than laid down in the factionwarfare config. You do NOT need to set SpaceDefenseOverrideDefaults to FALSE, as FALSE is the same as if the parameter was not set ( = FactionWarfare is used )
    • (Ground) Base Attack: added ‘IsCommandCenter parameter to specific POI on all planetary playfields (planet and moons; Zirax/Dronebase; Talon/Bazar; Destro CC to end Base Attacks on a playfield)
    • Talon Base Attack: added a repeating message showing the actual attack status to the player. Added timeout for the attack to end after 30 minutes.
    TheLegacy-DecimatorInfector.png

2. Trump

Trump Commander

The Talon base attack is laughably weak compared to Zirax attacks. They summoned a few spiders that did no damage and were basically free meat and xp. xp is hard to come by on the snow starter, so I almost didn't want to end the attack.

Zirax on the other hand send rocket drones that can kill your core in 2 or 3 shots.

I'm assuming there are no base attacks implemented for player bases in space, since I'm hostile with everyone except polaris and none have happen also none or scheduled.

3. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I would really welcome a similar attack pattern from enemies in space if you have a space station installed, a similar mechanic to the one seen on planets with the drone base attacks. This should make the end-game much more interesting.