Alpha 5.0.3: Patch 3

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've long wished for this to be fixed.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  2. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I just hope they don't forget the game's foundation. I know they are balancing things at the moment, but I haven't seen any new survival elements added in over a year (correct me if I am wrong). That is a long time. To hope that one day, out of the blue, they will somehow just toss tons of survival content before release seems to be wishful thinking. I'm sorry if I may seem jaded, but I've seen it happen in more video games then I can count since 2000. Video games tend to lose their conceptual way in an attempt to gain a larger relevant audience. What you end up with is a watered down game, that is a jack of all trades, but a master of none. I am for one, tired of clones. I love innovative games, and genres that haven't been touched in ages. These games are the ones that break out of the mold, and are remembered as classics for years to come... games that go down in history.

Ask yourself, should video games be a cash grab and strictly business or should it be a work of art? Electronic Arts sold itself as such when the company was created. Now it is a hollow empty shell of its former self. The same could also be said of the cinema industry of late. I find the independent films much more satisfying then the current blockbusters. The same holds true to video games. I hope this company holds true to their independent nature and deliver the vision that they promised. This is just my opinion. As a company they have vested interests and it is a difficult balancing game for them.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  3. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

+1 Have faith brother... I bet there are certain... elements, about to come to life in this game, that are going to make you smile. I agree, the ride is long, but ride along a little longer.

mR_kAt, Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Plus don't forget, the Foundations of the Game are STILL being Coded in as Development chugs along. Sandbox Games require VERY large Foundations to stand on considering the Open World Experiencedness of the game. :) (& when I say VERY large, I mean it'll probably make a CV Landing Pad look like a Porch Floor by the time it's done. :p)

Captain Jack II likes this.
  5. shiddin

shiddin Lieutenant

I bought this game for a friend and he loves it. More ideas and thoughts;
    1) He was wondering if there could be a scanner/geiger tool/gun made to hunt down resources, if possible. He brought to my attention that he flying over the planet looking for certain resource that took him a hour to look for and then to find out it was a little stock of it.
    2) I was also wondering, if we could get the chain saw & drill T1 built into the same tool since they both share the same fuel - just wondering !!!!
    I am still loving this game with 700 hours in the last 6 to 8 months, although the wife does not get how drilling is fun lol but with 5.0+ I love it . I heard there are 2 more things coming in the next patch ? You guys keep up the awesome job !

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I guess I've gotten spoiled with how organized the patch notes are presented with this game, that other games I follow their notes/development... drive me up the wall with how shit of a job they do organizing it.

Props to Eleon!

7. sirgabrileot

sirgabrileot Ensign

Hi there,
    First of all, I'd like to say thanks to the devs and the community for such big effort to make this game as good as it is right now; I can only imagine how will look like when finished.
    My question is about if the new features of 5.0 patch such as civil settlements, POIs, freighters, etc are available for saved games. I spent a good amount of hours building up a town in survival in Akua and I did not see any of them so far. Although I am almost sure that I know the answer already, it's worth to double check.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. Dodel

Dodel Ensign

Hi all,
    Not sure of where else to try find a solution to this, however I've setup a local server on a 2nd pc which is front facing, I can see the server in the server list and I've had external friends connect (not within my LAN) just to get that out of the way :)

I do have a very annoying issue though, which is I can only spin the server up say one in every 20 launches of the server batch file, as I get hit with the below error almost constantly. I'm running the lastest, I can see EmpyrionDedicated running in task manager, but as soon as EmpyrionPlayfieldServer is launched the error is shown and then EmpyrionPlayfieldServer closes leaving me to dirty kill EmpyrionDedicated via task manager.

upload_2017-1-2_9-10-39.png

I've even had instances where both EmpyrionDedicated & EmpyrionPlayfieldServer have run, and when someone has connected, the error again shows up, but EmpyrionPlayfieldServer stays up and you can play as normal.

To clarify a few things :-
    . I've had this running on the same system / setup / ip no issues previously
    . I've even had this once or twice on my client pc.
    . I've deleted the entire Empyrion - Dedicated Server folder and re-downloaded it all, for it to throw the above error up on first run again.
    . I also have a 7days2die, minecraft, Angels Falls First servers running on the same machine no issues.
    . I'm a tier 1, 2 IT Support engineer, so I knows some of my stuffs :)

SPEC of Server Pc :-

upload_2017-1-2_9-32-53.png

I know it's not the best for server hosting, it's just something I had laying about, I'm hoping to switch to a DL380 Gen 6 soon as we're upgrading to Gen 9's.

Connection 200mb down / 20mb up [UK] - latency 40 ms, 1 on local ofc.

So I bet I've spent all this time, building this post only to have stuck it in the wrong thread :)

My apologies if so.

Kind regards
    Dodel.

Edit : Typo, and went to attach log, .txt files not allowed ?
    Edit #1 : I dirty killed EmpyrionDedicated, made this post and tried running again, both are running now no error.

I couldn't see server in playlist so connected via external IP, above error popped up, but I'm still connected a playing.
    I

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  9. HEXEN_ACI

HEXEN_ACI Ensign

Am brand new to the game but have been following it for over a year. Just wanted to say that as a new player, the game is phenomenal. There's so much to do and explore and it always seems to stay fresh... 20 hours, 40 hours, 80 hours in and I'm still having a blast!

Keep up the good work guys! I think this and Eden Star are going to set the standard for next gen survival/sandbox games. The creativity you can find in Empyrion is second to none.

10. talamioros

talamioros Lieutenant

Slightly noob question here, but how does one turn on the shoulder light? I don't seem to have it on...

11. Tyrax Lightning

Hit Esc, click the Gear Button to go into Options, go into Controls & take a look see there. I'd just tell ya directly but I long since rebound this to my Mouse Scroll Wheel Button Click, & no longer remember the Default Keybind for it.

Captain Jack II and talamioros like this.
  12. shiddin

shiddin Lieutenant

It's more of a chest light . It's in the settings menu under controls, but mine is "L".

13. talamioros

talamioros Lieutenant

Thanks! I'll try it out tonight when I get back from work.

14. shiddin

shiddin Lieutenant

I would like to add another suggestion , along with all my crazy idea's.
    1) When I am raiding bases I notice these alien robots that spawn and protect the base, is there any we can build defense drones that wheel around the base ? Just wondering !!!!
    (Use SV/HV building blocks, with fuel container, with RCS, with little machine turrets , small SV/HV ammo box...I would laugh my ass off lol matter of fact I am now )
    2) I am not sure if this is a texture thing or not, somehow, some but not all the damn plants and trees keep popping back . I have restarted the game , resetting the sever those same ones are still there, and still returns after destroying them. I am currently at 2 tress and 4 plants that have become a thorn in my butt...

Comments and answers anyone ?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  15. shiddin

shiddin Lieutenant

Your welcome bud !

16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah, that irritates me probably more than it should. Also, I would really like button for auto sorting & stacking inventory and containers. You know, one that would merge incomplete stacks in inventory and puts similar items next to each other (weapons, ammo, ore etc.). Small things in otherwise amazing game.

I just got the game and cool to see that lots of features has been added recently and there is lot more to come. I have a feeling that Ill be spending many many hours with Empyrion (40+ so far)…

17. NeilF

NeilF Lieutenant

Yes... I was wondering about that too recently...

18. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Add your ideas and suggestions to the dedicated suggestions forum too!

19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Done!

20. Tyrax Lightning

Now please link the Thread here so we can go to it lazily & mercilessly Like it! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.