Alpha 5.0: Out Now!

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

In the console, level up=200000

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

I've come to the conclusion I need a working horizon indicator in the cockpit. Would most helpful while mining. Also perhaps a way to lock the attitude control so it remains stable at whatever angle I set it to.

Edit: General 5.0 Feedback

1) Love the lighting changes. It's more balanced now. Night time isn't pitch black which is good. Daylight glare is toned down which is very good. Personal suit light is fantastic! Very very helpful.

2) HV Drills: Interesting. Has potential. Very finicky.

Seems like you need to use the hover booster to jump and dive into the dirt or use a downward pointing drill turret to start tunneling on flat terrain. Eh, inelegant but it works. If I'm going to be switching between turrets frequently I'd like to be able to add them to the hotbar for easier access.

Bigger drill modules. T2 perhaps.

T3 drill modules. Laser drilling!

The current drill modules could use a slightly increased radius of effect.

And as noted above a working horizon indicator in the cockpit. Perhaps an indicator showing how full storage is too. Indicators for fuel, o2, ammo, etc would be nice while we're at it.

Character customization: It's a start.

Radial menu for the multi-tool: Nice!

Holographic shader transparency for placing objects: Also nice!

New planet for start options: Excellent!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    LiftPizzas and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've noticed before that after hitting Level 20, by doing normal XP Gaining stuff, I still gain Points over time as if some kinda Invisible Level Ups are continuing to happen past L20. Hope this is still the case now.

4. Neurosol

Neurosol Ensign

A ton of good stuffs in this update!

However, i disagree with new planet disposition. Especially when i want to play with a friend who spawn in another planet...
    it's really difficult to find warp crystal in Oscurtune for example. And you cannot add any warp tank in your CV. Hope it is a joke.
    -It seems the reversal-tool for glass is missing too in contructor inventory.
    -Turrets destroyed my vessel when i spawned my base-blueprint...The way you choose your faction is really strange.

5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Reversal/rotate tool was folded into the Multi-tool and is now a part of it's functionality. Right click to bring up a radial menu and select which function you wish to use.

6. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

It is wise, to disable the target option "other faction" in any turret by default, at least in SP (in MP this could be problematic, yes :) )
    built structures belong to the faction "private", while spawned belong to "all". This calls for trouble, and i can see absolutely no reason for this. Anything i create should be "private" out of the box, as it belongs to ME. If i want to share that wit a faction or all, is my decision.

7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

I had not started one yet. I have been too busy playing on the hard mode Masperon - I discovered that although I love some of the settlements on Akua/Omicron/others, it is awfully hard to play any other planet now that I have played through the hard mode several times.

8. PhenomTaker

PhenomTaker Ensign

Still not reverted the limit on shipsize... we cannot continue our work on our big capital vassel since 4.4 ... it is now ~10 blocks too long and we cannot modify the front anymore.

9. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    When you get the chance try counting how many blocks out from the core you can go in each direction like I did here http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-4-4-2-patch.8337/#post-81705 It should be 125 each direction. Unless that has changed or this just hasn't been fixed yet.

10. PhenomTaker

PhenomTaker Ensign

Well I tried it after the 4.4 patch, when it "broke" since it worked before and we didn't change anything.
    I counted, 128 away from the core is fine, 129 not.

Still have the thought that it's not related to the core, since changing its position doesn't change anything. It still shows "too far away from the center".
    Either way, worked pre 4.4 and not after, nothing within the patchnotes related to a change here. The devs should know what they changed on those limitations for CV. :D

The old screenshot I attached still applies. "Too far away from the center." Not sure what changed "the center" or how to find it, it's definitely not the middle of the ship. We still can add something at the back of the ship.
    And it worked before, since the front is already built. :D

EDIT: the 128/129 may be off a little bit, since it goes up by a few blocks, so it may be 125 in diagonal.

Attached Files:

11. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Try what I did in the link above get a fresh BA starter then try to go 125 from the core in each direction & count each direction if it hasn't been fixed it will be like in the link.

So 112 from behind the CV starter, 112 to the left side then 126 from the front & right side.

12. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I strongly disagree with the lighting changes on Akura. The forest was always designed to have a fear/survival/suspense element to it when you are trapped winding your way through the woods at night. The last time it was brought up several players cited many survival games and even rock/paper/shotgun sum it up in the beginning of their review.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/10/10/empyrion-galactic-survival-review-early-access/

Now that suits have flashlights by default there shouldn't be much of a problem navigating at night. Atmosphere and mood of a game is an often over looked selling point of it. The original Half-life is a good example of this.

I do agree with you however with the daylight glare. It is much more tolerable and balanced now.

Frigidman and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Since we have a built in light in the suit now I could go for darker nights(at least when the moon isn't up and/or underneath the trees).

14. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Yeah, I was hoping someday they would add ambient light for the moon and add moon phases etc.

15. adeadlybutterfly

adeadlybutterfly Lieutenant

I'm really hoping the Devs could somehow revert the settings for it back to pre 4.4.

Unfortunately, when I started my project I made it as big as the game would let me, as I assumed limits would increase anyway and not decrease as the game furthered it's development/ became better optimized etc.

What concerns me the most however is that I'd managed to make the ship a bit larger than the 125 directional limit.
    I didn't even try to either lol, it's just when I started, I laid out a straight line of blocks and said "That's how big it's gonna be".
    *See attached.
    20160813232348_1.jpg
    20161222191218_1.jpg

I know holidays are only a few sleeps away and I certainly don't expect anything more from the Herculean effort the guys have put into the game this year, so more than happy to wait. On that note, I'd like to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. :)

Cheers.

16. BakerAble

BakerAble Commander

I have been trying to like the HV miner. Have found it difficult. Wears out my hands and fingers trying to control. Another issue is how easy it is to teradestruct the planet. The craters and holes created in mp make moving around the planet on motorbike, foot and hv an issue. Too much time spent falling into and struggling to get out of holes. Deep, hard to get out of holes. Combined with the nerf of hand drill, especially the range is a frustrating combination. And you may ask, just get out the same way as the miner. Well, when said miner deconstructs their hv and suicides to get out of the hole, retreives backback with personal drone, leaves the next one falling in with unpleasant options.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  17. DragonHalo99

DragonHalo99 Ensign

You should be able to ride hv out of the hole. It can climb like a champ now. The hv I am finishing up a build for is a mining hv that has a some combat abilities. I put 2 artillery turrets on it and filled the ammo box. It wrecks everything. This is the first time ive used the artillery.

18. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

It's in the yaml file. You can make it as dark as you want.

19. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Not a problem with the Mining HVs... a problem with the Peoples using them imho. Irresponsible. I disapprove. (It can't be that hard to take one's Drill at the Surface & Fill In the Hole Entrance & make a 'Patch'... *Facepalm*)

Mining HVs used responsibly DO rock. :)

Some Drill straight down to make a Shaft then Disassemble the HV. Baker is talking about that mainly. Diagonal Shafts are another story.

Also, are ya playing a Server with Max Count disabled?

DragonHalo99 and BakerAble like this.
  20. BakerAble

BakerAble Commander

All max limits per defaults are enabled. Oh, never mind. After re-reading, see the Q was not directed to me.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    DragonHalo99 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.