Alpha 6.2: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part II

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Hmm... doesn't sound extreme... I wonder if it's how they're laid out & how the Light lit through them...?

2. SoCalExile

SoCalExile Captain

It's pretty simple. The FPS drops occur when I get in the cockpit. Otherwise its fine.
    Empyrion Exiles_2017-06-25_19-32-22.png Empyrion Exiles_2017-06-25_19-32-17.png

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Cyrus the Virus

Cyrus the Virus Lieutenant

I notice more lighting flickering in this version, sometimes when turning my client will 'skip' a few frames. I know it's not network lag or my hardware.

On Omnicron Large Minigun Drone wrecks are falling through the map.

Whichever mob uses a shotgun can shoot through walls (only some walls though.) Was spaceport POI I believe.

When looting, in space mostly, after pressing F sometime the loot menu will close when moving the mouse up toward the loot all arrow rapidly. Which also makes the camera turn awkwardly fast in a direction you aren't expecting. Plasma drone wrecks it happens to me pretty frequently, although I have had it planet side once as well.

So, I was pretty happy that I was able to disassemble the carrier I had shot down. However, when I came back to it the icon and name turned purple and it would no longer let me use my multitool on it.

I created a new base. I placed some lights they lit up, I left and came back. My lights were off. Turns out they were on when placing even though the base lights option was off.

When building, if you started to drag a block with your drone or without and change your selected item a good portion of the time a blue block will remain. When you try to place a block somewhere else, it will go where the previous blue block(s) were instead of where you wanted it.

4. Tyrax Lightning

Odd... this doesn't look like anything that'd do anything complicated & FPS eating... Might need a Bug Report in the Bug Report Thread with a BP of this Creation... maybe some kinda Edge Case has been found.

5. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

You guys are approaching this as if it's an infinite pickup problem and I'm not sure that's the case. I was playing this with my wife the other night and it appears that these are just spawning on top of each other repeatedly in MP. I was building something and she was spamming the pickup button trying to gather berries or something (she's new and didn't realize this was a bug at first). Apparently, if you keep spamming the button, these deco/collectibles do eventually vanish.

My guess is that the playfield is spawning multiple duplicates on top of each other and that is causing it to look infinite (though not many people have the patience for picking up junk that my wife does, so it's probably not obvious at first ;)).

Xenosteel, Lealu and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Yea I found this out myself after setting up an MP server on my local network to play with the wifey. I was alone in the Abandoned Factory on Akua (I got bored while waiting for her to join the one day) and long story short, I got trapped in the basement and kind of ran out of ammo for everything but the shotgun and a clip or 2 for the assault rifle. I was saving the rifle ammo to take out spawners (not to mention I'd already died like 4 times - all but 1 from sentry turrets...seriously OP still imho). I had nothing left to take out the Assassins and Nightmares except my shotgun, and due to my taking the short/fast way to the 2nd/3rd floor, the only way out was through a hallway occupied by a horde of Nightmares.

Long story short, the shotgun proved surprisingly effective where it was all but useless before. I blasted my way up the stairs, retreated to a high point when the swarmed down after me and fired into the crowd until the last one hit the floor. A few minutes of guerrilla attacks on the spawners (which were still spawning baddies btw), and I managed to make it out alive with a considerable cache of loot for my efforts.

Wild_XIII, Slimer and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

@Hummel-o-War

Just a quick question... is there any chance the H202 generator will be brought back in this version of the alpha (and hydrogen fuel cells as well)? It's the final thing keeping me from updating to the new build for my wife...

Or are you guys waiting for a revamp of the fuel system first to make them fit into the new system?

If so, would it possibly make it into this current build, or the next one (Alpha 7).

8. Gorby

Gorby Commander

I suppose that could be, and I haven't encountered the issue since this update, but... I sat at one Pentaxid crystal "growth" on Akua's moon and picked over 6,000 crystals. I could've kept going. Maybe your wife does indeed have more patience than me, though!

9. Gorby

Gorby Commander

I'm curious as to why you would even want that back (the generator, not the fuel cells) - having a machine that only produces hydrogen, instead of also producing O2 that fills up the output slots very quickly, is pretty much better in every way...

dtmullican and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I agree, I used to throw away stupid amounts of O2 just to get the Hydrogen I needed. Now a single O2 generator is all I ever need on a planet, while I maintain at least three hydrogen generators.

That said, I guess there's no harm adding it back in for those that want it.

Scoob.

Gorby likes this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Not sure about this. We have not yet decided how we want to revamp the whole "create energy" cycle. There will be changes in the future, but not anytime soon. (Maybe when we take on alternative Energy sources)

Slimer, mR_kAt, ion_storm and 2 others like this.
  12. Tyrax Lightning

I got Medium Armor equipped with 2 Armor Modules as of the time of this Post & I eat Sentry Bullets so well I actually get to feel like an actual Warrior in any way shape or form for once. :)

I assume ya are using Light Armor & no Armor Boosts of any kind? In this case yeah that'll be little different from Sentry Turrets shooting us in the Pre-Armor Suit Era of the game. Now that Armor is a thing for us Characters I think we're being expected to use it or be considered to be playing the frail squishy kinda Character Playstyle now. ;)

(This reminds me... i've been meaning to ask... if ya take a Suit off in the Armor Locker while it has Boosters on, will the Boosters stay on that Armor, get auto-unequipped back into your Inventory, or be dumbasses & just vaporize into thin air & never be seen again?)

@LiftPizzas has a Spammy Macro that might be useful for testing this if he ever encounters this Situation... this could be valuable Tester Info for the Devs. :)

Seconded. It's proving of great use to be able to control how much O2 & H2 one wants to Produce instead of having that out of our hands.

Sounds good. Then maybe stuff like Solar Power, Batteries, Energy Ammo for Energy Weapons, & such could all be Balanced all at once & make for a better more cohesive System. :)

Ya know what would be better then Wing Blocks? Wing Blocks one could Install Solar Cells onto on chosen sides of them. ;) (That literally just popped into my head outta nowhere as I was Creating this Post & I just had to stick it in before my damn RL memory could get a chance to forget it.)

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yep, I store suits modded out for a particular need and swap to them as required.

Scoob.

14. Tyrax Lightning

Awesome, I was hoping this'd be a thing. Many thanks for the response! :D

15. Repier

Repier Commander

I can confirm it's not fixed yet. I experienced it today.
    I will report it.

SacredGlade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

N ow we just need to be able to name them so that you can figure out which of the 30 identical-looking sets of medium armor is the one you wanted.

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've got a trick for that....it's called remembering which slot I put them in :)

Joking aside, an ability to rename or apply a tag to Armours would be most welcome.

Scoob.

18. Pino

Pino Lieutenant

Or an autotag system based on installed booster, like the one they used for thrusters. E.g. "Medium Armor [EVA] [Jet] [Run]"

19. Rear Adm zDom

Rear Adm zDom Ensign

You mean I'm not the only one popping a "fresh magazine" into my drill after finishing off a meteor? XD :)

20. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Commander

And/or the ability to colour them differently (especially as EVA boosters hammer your armour rating so heavily).

malrose1 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.