Alpha 6.3.1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I went out 30km and had a bit of the shakes, which I interpreted to be the space time weave coming undone. Also, I think at some point the skybox clips the planets and they go away. That would be a great time to move our origin.

EDIT: and my processor was begging for mercy. All the fans kicked in and she almost hovered.

mR_kAt, malrose1 and Ballard like this.
  2. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

*grumble* takes down a med difficulty PV, thing despawns in less than 10 mins. What's the freaking point of taking these things out if you don't even have enough time to loot and salvage the bloody thing!?

mR_kAt likes this.
  3. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

...because, if you don't take it out, it will shoot your stuff?

4. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Besides that... the risk vs reward of taking these things out just isn't worth it. These things are despawning like regular mob corpses. They aren't normal drones/Zirax/alien spawns. They're ships like the freighters you find in space which btw only despawn after 30 mins which I might add you can prevent if you place your own core down. The risk vs reward is practically non-existent, if I take a PV down I want to be able to loot it fully not partially especially if I'm in SP. I had fun taking it down, but it wasn't worth my SV getting shot to peices in the process of I barely get anything of a reward for doing so.

Again the risk vs reward of taking a PV down is pathetic. Am I griping? yes and it's for a good reason, taking down the PV on a planet just isn't worth it if the reward is being able to loot and recycling a good deal of parts from it if it despawns in less than 10 mins, really these things should work like the Freighters I can at least loot it fully and deconstruct one of those partically before it self destructs/despawns.

ion_storm and mR_kAt like this.
  5. AlexAKM

AlexAKM Ensign

Thats how Tools works on 50+ km from nearest planet (and ofc we wouldnt remind about dat shake in deep space):
    [​IMG]

U still believe it all ok? :D I just hadnt test it after 6.0 release, I do it when get some stuff out there.... And I hope all those graphic glitches and screen shakes - are fixed.

6. Furious Hellfire

The co op idea is great !
    port forwarding can be a nightmare for some and not even an option for others.
    This idea will allow so much more flexibility in the ability to quickly play with friends.

Great addition guys and keep up the good work !

7. tehmashby

tehmashby Lieutenant

Yeah we used to hide our base and shipyard 100km out :p

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

The PV despawning things needs to be fixed, and I say fixed deliberately because it can't be intended for a planets main big bad to simply vanish ten minutes after it's killed. The last one I shot down I'd literally just placed my own Core - hoping to prevent it despawning like the prior one did - had started to loot & reclaim when it vanished under me...to add insult to injury I broke my leg in the fall *sigh*

So, PV's should persist for a good few hours by default, though making it configurable in the .yaml / server settings would be most welcome. Failing that, make it so adding a Player Core to it prevents it from de-spawning all together - again, make this configurable.

Note: in an earlier game version, during the 6.x Experimental phase, I shot down a PV that never despawned. I'd periodically pop back to it, reclaim some materials and go on my way. Only after several visits over many game hours did it finally disappear, and that was when I took the last block. I liked it this way.

Taking down a PV, which can take a lot of resources especially the harder ones, is a first step to building your own CV, free from the risk of having it blown away in minutes. Materials from said PV are essential in the build, or they would have been. All I needed for my own starting CV was sat there...then it wasn't.

I must admit, I've not played much of late due to this major in-game goal of mine being taken away after I'd done the work.

Scoob.

JRS⁸⁶, ion_storm and mR_kAt like this.
  9. Coryopteris

Coryopteris Ensign

Experiencing crashes when entering planet atmosphere. Namely on homeworld planets, HWS NA server.

10. The Dirt Wizard

The Dirt Wizard Commander

Oscutune is very cold now. I haven't been there in a while so I don't know when the change was made. I was also surprised when it was set to PVP as standard. Not really the vacation paradise i was hoping for. subzero temps with sunny skies and palmtrees just seems weird.

ion_storm and mR_kAt like this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Guys, come on, this is getting silly....

Fresh 6.3.1 game started this evening.

First night during a Masperon Hard Single Player start and the PV has shown up already. I've literally just had enough time to gather a few basic resources and return to Base (Wood Cabin) to find it blowing stuff up.

I thought things were supposed to be in place to prevent this happening right away? Let alone on the first night...

Starter base is ripped apart, most of the tech blown away etc. I'm going to have to dig-in sooner than planned....

Edit: Now you're just playing with me... On that same second night, I hide for a bit then pack up my base to move it. I settle nearby in an Iron Ore resource point I'd partially excavated. I pop down my SC and EO2 gen and walk off to explore. Suddenly THREE Nightmares spawn very close to me...chase me by running over the surface of the water I was swimming through, and back to my excavation sight. Oh dear lol.

Scoob.

I'm actually quite liking this... :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Masperon has no PV delay yet. Will add this on todo.

The Jesus-NPCs-fix will hopefully make it into one of the next updates.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Really? Hadn't noticed.... ;)

Joking aside, it's a massive challenge without the delay - which is sorta fun - but having it make a bee-line for the starter base is a little cheesy, so the delay is important. I now have a fully buried and hidden base, yet the PV still knows where the Core is...frustrating. I've popped the Core temporarily...which has confounded the PV :)

Scoob.

14. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

AI CVs, similar to player turrets, currently have no "line of sight" .. this is on the list for a future patch.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

This is good news. However, LoS does exist for the Player when targeted by AI Turrets. For example, you can "Hide" from the PV and, when LoS is broken it flies away. Same is true for its turrets, pop out into the open and they'll shoot at you, duck behind a block or terrain however, and they'll stop. So, LoS is there, it just need to be added for targets other than the player :)

Still, great news this is being looked at :)

Scoob.

geostar1024 and mR_kAt like this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Random ponder from me....

Do you think it's possible to add Spot Lights for Bases? The Hangar on my CV in my prior game used them to great effect for illuminating both the exterior and interior Hanger Bays. Now I've started afresh, it'd be quite cool to do something similar in my Base. Standard lights just don't cut it.

For example, I'd like to illuminate my HV Hangar, and well as light up the approach. Additionally, I have a raised walkway leading to a lake shore where my H2O and O2 Generators are situated. Being able to fully illuminate this at night would be cool.

Anyway, just a random thought while I was base building... :)

Scoob.

geostar1024 likes this.
  17. Kalista

Kalista Commander

For a base wouldn't the correct term be a flood light? Either way I'd love them to for my hanger areas as well so Its easier to not crash into one of the walls.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I almost typed "Flood lights" but I do actually want spots, so a less wide dispersal. However, flood lights would be good too. Anything to give more light, without needing to add lots of lights.

Scoob.

dtmullican likes this.
  19. Syrus

Syrus Commander

I started a new game yesterday, sp on Omicron.

Same as Scoob the PV turned up on the first night and blew up the core, fuel and oxy tanks. I had to hide underneath the wood cabin. It came back twice... on the first night!

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

That's interesting as Omicron is supposed to be one of the "fixed" planets, where there's a delay prior to the PV going on the hunt.

I've not actually had a single game (bar Akua) where the local PV hasn't gone straight for me right away! Even when I selected the "Default Multiplayer" start in a Single Player game the PV managed to hunt me down within a few minutes - and that start has no starter base.

Scoob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.