Alpha 6.4: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part IV

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballard

Ballard Captain

Ab So Loot ly a great idea.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Quite a large update at 223.4 MB. Nice.

Question for anyone on Masperon... For me, EVERYTHING is purple now...basically, the excessive purple brightness that could occur when facing East/West and Sunrise/Sunset is permanent now. Not quite as bright, but everything remains "foggy purple" despite having cycled through various weather types now. Anyone else? I'm continuing a 6.3.1 SP start.

Note: it's near impossible to pick out ground features, such as plants, as well as any roaming critters. Using Night Vision when it's dark, just makes everything look an over-exposed green, with equally low visibility.

Edit: I think this update is broken!

The PV on Masperon can no longer be hit - rockets pass right through it. Also, it looks like a ghost, with the glow of all internal thrusters perfectly visible. Just me??

To be clear, I can fly right through the Masperon PV, and it doesn't shoot me or anything.

Edit 2: PV seems to be fixed after a save > exit game > relaunch > reload cycle, but the colouring remains...painful.

Scoob.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  3. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Well apparently you are not since it's not "experimental" anymore... In fact there were only 3 "experimental" versions, although I received all patches while opted in to the "beta" branch in the game / properties:

Alpha 6.0: out now ! - 7 june
    Alpha experimental 6.1 - 12 june
    Alpha 6.1: bug fixes & improvements - 14 june
    Alpha 6.1.1: hotfix - 15 june
    Alpha 6.1.2: hotfix - 16 june
    Alpha experimental 6.2 - 23 june
    Alpha 6.2: bug fixes & improvements - part II - 24 june
    6.3 experimental - 29 june
    6.3 bug fixes & improvements - part III - 2 july
    Alpha 6.3.1: hotfix - 3 july
    Alpha 6.4: bug fixes & improvements - part IV - 11 july

Now this morning I received a 225 mb patch while "not opted out of beta", then some 15 minutes ago a 10 mb patch in the same way, and finally the 225 mb patch for the dedicated server... Really, where is the difference if everyone get all the patches ? Is this "experimental" wording only cosmetic ?

4. Guru

Guru Commander

@Kassonnade since 6.0 was released out of experimental, every update hit the experimental branch prior to public release. Not sure why this is an issue or a point though for you

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

So correct me if I'm wrong: in this thread...

http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-6-4.12226/

... which came up yesterday at 5 pm, the version was "6.4.0.12224", and this morning it is (the same) with version 6.4.0.1144?

6. Guru

Guru Commander

Anyone else confused? I feel as if I'm missing your point or you are missing mine somehow.
    They release what will be a public version on experimental branch for "testing purposes" prior to public release. Supposedly to resolve issues if there is a problem.

7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

So yesterday at 5 pm they released version 6.4.0.12224 and this morning they released version "6.4.0.1144" on the "public branch ? If so, how come I have version number 6.4.0.1144 on my "experimental" version ?

Edit: just verified game cache files, on "experimental" branch, and it's still 1144. I would have thought these numbers were sequential, so 1222.x would be what you say, the experimental version that will be pushed on the public side eventually, but in buildnumber.txt it is 1144... I'm lost.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Wait, what? When did they add this in! I've been requesting this for a year... and I somehow missed the stealth patch note?? LOL.

9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Yo... you are WAY over looking into 'urls'. No where in the post does it say build 12224 or 12226. That is the THREAD NUMBER for these forums, which is in the url only, and has no bearing on anything other than getting to the right thread.

The build number is 1144 !

End of story.

Marty, Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

In fact it is the same version. There is no "experimental" version, it is also 6.0.1144. The last number (12224) is the thread number... damned... yesterday's version was 1142. My bad.

The 10 mb patch this morning was to get to 1144. So we had less than a night to test this... wow.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

LOL yes. Eleon do this sometimes, and they even do it to us on internal as well. I'd miss a couple patches by being away for a day, and they went straight to experimental!

Don't worry. If history has proven, they are kings of hotfixes, and these bugs show up through more wide-spread testing (hard to test some things when barely anyone running servers uses experimental or internal), and they pounce pretty quickly. I'd actually wager on a hotfix by end of day, or early morning really...

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Sorry, quick question:

I've not used Autominers for a long time, can't recall which version, but it may well have been before the first of the 6.x Experimental builds.

Anyway, on "good" (for the playfield) deposits, I used to see around 400 units per hour for ores, Promethium was usually a quarter of that for a similar deposit size. However, placing my first Auto Miner today, the yields are a 5th of the amount, at 80 Units per hours. This is fine I hasten to add, but just wanted to be sure it was normal.

Scoob.

13. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

This is my dumb day with dumb questions... but whatever. Do you remember yesterday we talked about a way to have the PV stay a bit longer before despawning by using the debug menu and slowing time down ? If it is a dumb question, you have been warned...

14. Guru

Guru Commander

I get roughly 72 per hour on mine

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It's not dumb, it's a "quick question" which has the possibility of being maybe not dumb...though let's face it, that's unlikely :)

Hmm, not much difference then. I had been wondering if I'd gotten confused with T3 AMiD yields per hour vs. my current T1 AMiDs. However, I rarely used to build more than T1's as they usually gave ample resources by the time I remembered I'd placed them... :)

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  16. Ballard

Ballard Captain

I am learning a lot today.

Now I understand why some servers I play on are not available on the public list, but only show up in my history. Likely a wonky stealth setting. Good to know!

17. Patwar

Patwar Commander

What should we have to understant of it ?

It was changed again ?

Do we can use both of "Srv_Visible" or "Srv_Public" ???

18. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Haha they finally caved :)

19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I seem to be having a glitchy experience this update. My latest one involves Waypoints...

I had a Waypoint set on my Masperon Base, which I cleared I tried to re-apply. I could not, "Accept" was greyed out. I left for orbit and returned, tried again and now "Accept" was working. However, every time I accepted the Waypoint, it went and created it elsewhere! Very very weird. Testing repeatedly, the Waypoint was consistently being placed at the centre point of the Map, not where I was clicking.

Again, I guess this is just me? It's not like I'm on an old game, I did a fresh 6.3.1 game start not so long ago.

*sigh* I return to my base, set a waypoint successfully this time, and my underground base is all filled in!!! WTF?

Scoob.

20. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

For me, and I'm still this couple of weeks a LOT on Masperon, everything is same as before!
    Night vision works excellent here because it's dark planet...

It is probably something like a 'local' problem for you (and maybe others) with a specific glitch - regarding advanced settings, drivers and game engine, as Devs updated Unity again!
    AMD also have new version of drivers (today for me), don't know about Nvidia - so you'll fix this with some tinkering ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.