Alpha 6.4: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part IV

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

When it's really dark and there are no active weather effects night vision works well. However, I appeared to be stuck for a while there, like the foggy weather effect just stayed, even when it'd supposedly passed. I seem to be back to normal-ish, still very purple, but extremes limited to Dawn/Dusk when facing Easy/West.

More worried about my filled-in Base currently...just trying an exit/restart, luckily I'm SP currently.

Edit: Phew, that worked - I was getting a panic one there for a moment. This is a very old bug, that seems to have resurfaced...

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. woowoo

woowoo Commander

Could you add a new overlay with vessel o2?

3. Esher

Esher Ensign

Sooo.. As soon as I updated to the newest version, more than half the structures in my game were 'deleted'. Some bases, ships, and even NPC structures just vanished into the ether, with the log simply stating they were 'deleted'. WTF? You literally corrupted my whole server. And I had many players with a lot of time invested in it. Not cool.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ouch, that's harsh. I've had a few glitches since going from 6.3.1 to 6.4.0, but nothing quite so severe!

Scoob.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

*sigh* So, I just downed the Masperon PV. Having previously taken out its Heavy turrets and rear thrusters, I took out the left, right and front thrusters, before finally taking out the lower thrusters. I dodged out of the way as it fell...

...however, it's turned into a ghost once more, even saving and reloading isn't helping this time. I'm going to try a full game shut-down and restart.

Note: by "Ghost" I mean I'm unable to interact in any way, shoot it etc. plus I can even fly right through it...

Anyone else having PV issues since this update?

Edit: even fully exiting the game and re-launching doesn't help - uploading save for a bug report now.

Scoob.

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Thx! (again) ;-)

7. Dr. Harambe MD

Dr. Harambe MD Lieutenant

Still can't connect to any MP servers since 6.3. This is the only game I'm having issues with, so it's not my connection. If anyone else are/have experienced this I'd really appreciate even just educated guesses on what the issue is as it's pretty much preventing me from playing and just causing me to give up on this game.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hi, I'm only playing SP currently, so I'm not experiencing your issue. However, if it was more wide-spread I'd expect to see more reports. With that in mind...

Just a sanity-check, you may have already done this, but is it worth allowing Steam to verify your game folder in case something has broken? Sorry, I can't really think of anything else to try, unless you want to give the 6.4.1 Experimental build a go, and find an Experimental server to try?

Best of luck!

Scoob.

9. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

Wait I thought the Version number for Main Branch was still 6.0 - does this mean they're patching all these patches to the main branch skipping the experimental stage?? :D - Good timing too - I just had a friend getting his server online - now I don't have to bug him about enabling Experiemental Branch :p

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  10. Cotoktoto

Cotoktoto Commander

Thank you! That one was bugged me so much.

11. Furious Hellfire

indeed, and as it is, the new thruster button has no bearing on power consumption between idle thrusters and thrusters off.
    The figures remain static for me when toggling.

12. Gatt

Gatt Captain

The new laser mining drills look awesome, any chance we could duct tape them to our sv's

Maverick241 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

i've entertained this possibility too... but I strongly suspect the possibility that the Devs are too scared that Drills on SVs will make EVERYONE except me switch to 100% SV Planet Drilling & cause the extinction of Mining HVs.

I myself would still Mining HV for at least Bedrock Drilling, & cause the SV is STILL with tendency to suicide dive into the Ground if it's not at least almost level with the Ground... & I assume if we were Mining SVing around, the standard practice with it would be to Drill into the Ore Vein with our SV pointing towards the ground & "Death From Above"ing the Vein down systematically.

14. Gatt

Gatt Captain

True but i thought this was a sandbox game? Every update the devs seem to be making it so we all have to play the same way. I never used an hv until they nerfed the t2 drill, i never bothered with pois because i didn't care about epic weapons now i need armor boosters. I know they don't want turrets on sv's but straight firing drills would work on the planet and space asteroids and don't seem to far fetched, since they nerfed sv's it might give us more uses for them.

Tyrax Lightning and ion_storm like this.
  15. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

"Sandbox" should've been removed from the description a very long time ago...:rolleyes:

Tyrax Lightning and Gatt like this.
  16. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Increase the mass of drills and turrets, increase the output of hover engines somewhat, and slightly decrease the thrust on SV engines, and I think things would sort themselves out if drills and turrets were allowed on SVs. It would change things from "thou shalt only mine with HVs" to "thou probably should mine with HVs".

17. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Another nerf proposal ? Although this could solve an issue regarding "hypothetical drilling with SVs" don't you think it will create a balance issue for combat, since some players already see the SV as "underpowered" against CVs?

18. Gatt

Gatt Captain

I didn't want to nerf anything i would just like a mining vehicle i can move around without bringing my giant cv to the surface. Unless they fix the docking issues transporting hv is still a pain. And heaven forbid we have a cool and useful function that everyone can use if it disturbs the combat and pvp crowd in any way

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  19. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I mean, under this proposal, properly-designed SVs could also mount HV turrets . . . but, anyway, the main point is that artificially restricting turrets and drills to HVs is ridiculous, and any balance issues with letting SVs mount turrets and drills seems straightforward to solve. I wish the devs would let physics determine what a ship can or can't have on it rather than hard rules that make little to no sense.

20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Don't touch my pawaful thrusters !

Speed is already at the lower end of the spectrum... I think that is slow enough. Maybe they can do something else now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.