Alpha 6.4: Bug Fixes and Improvements - Part IV

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I personally wouldn't mind SVs gaining Manual Fire Drills... it's how to avoid having that singlehandedly defeat the point of the existence of the HV Drills & CV Drill Turret that'd be the trick.

Me, i'd say the CV can be a lot tankier then a SV & use Weapon Turrets for Auto-Defense as Mining occurs, not to mention being able to hold a LOT of Harvest Boxes for Mass Mining Excursions, not to mention if the CV has multiple Players manning it so it could have 4 Mining Turrets going at it all at once while also still having a Pilot Manning it as well... good luck doin that in a SV, even 5 SVs... which would be mincemeat if a CV with Homer Launchers suddenly came along outta nowhere in a big Ambush.

HVs... well... they can pack Homers & dig underground & Mole around while their Back is guarded by said Homers, whereas the SV can't do that nearly so well & can't guard its butt from Anti-Enemy-Butt Ordinance. :p

Whether or not this would fly with the Devs, I can only wonder... or if they'll opt to stand their ground & still say "Nay!" to SV Mining. @Hummel-o-War could perhaps run this by them. :)

Under these changes, perhaps HVs would do heavy Mining while SVs could be useful for quick nips & for Drilling Rock a bit high up from a particular floor of a particular Cavern. :)

Plus this too. I also still wish HVs & SVs could get T2 RCSs & that the T2 RCS for ALL Vehicles would have 10x the Torque for the Energy Cost of 8 T1 RCS & the T1 would stay 1x1x1 while the T2 would have the Block Filling Dimensions of 2x2x2 so it'd be filling the same Block Space as 8 T1 RCS, cost the same Energy as 8 T1 RCS, provide T2 kinda superior Performance, & make stuff need less Device Count, & it counterbalances by the fact of both having its bigger 'Size Bulk' be more work to build around & that the loss of each T2 RCS would be a bigger hit & impact on your losses compared to if it had been a single T1 that had gone boom.

Mining SVs could improve the PvP Scene... cause peeps'd be usin them & that'd make more Targets to blow up. :p

I'm still Praying to Arceus this is still on the Dev Plans, & they're just having trouble ironing out how to go about it... which imho is totally fair cause it really is a big thing to Plot & Scheme. I also will celebrate if the damn "Max Weapon Count" Band Aid Fix can someday just plain die & go the way of the old "Non-Hover Mechanics" Band Aid Fix.

geostar1024 and Repier like this.
  2. Mobius

Mobius Lieutenant

Thank you for the kind words! I have been working extremely hard over the past few weeks to get the game some new tunes ;)

These tracks will be getting extended and "fixed up" over the next few weeks as I get more time to work on them.

3. Repier

Repier Commander

The new T2 drills are excellent. I can now actually use a mining HV with less than 6 drills and still be efficient :)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Hell to the yeah, & amen! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.