Alpha 6.5.3: Update

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you upload the save game with the CV in this state to a bug report ?
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-5-x.12391/

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, already done Pantera, if you have a mo, see how your machine handles my save.

Edit: I don't know if something is off with the CV Blueprint, it was started in an older build, though long after we'd move to the separate "S" and "L" blocks.

Scoob.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Pantera likes this.
  3. N99024

N99024 Captain

I'm not sure why scoob, I have several ships that are larger and in my testing have never caused this issue. That's just weird

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I'd never had an issue before, with this ship or others, until I did. Last time was a few version ago, but a restart was supposed to be the fix. I'm wondering if something has gone screwy with the Blueprint or something.

It's 100% not a system resources issue, as this bug causes usage to DROP. Additionally, the fps drop appear to be directly linked to speed. I.e. if I hold my speed at around 50ms, there's a drop, but it gets worse as I speed up, then recovers again as I slow. Darn odd it is.

Scoob.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Another question, sorry :)

Is it intended that the Weather does not persist between a save/load cycle in Single Player?

I just saved my game with beautiful Clear weather on Skillon, preparing to assault the drone base. I return - with a cuppa to aid concentration - load my game and I'm suddenly in the middle of Radiated Fog. Luckily I was in an HV, so I'm ok, but I'd have been in trouble on foot. However, while I'm not going to die, visibility now sucks, so I cannot see to begin the assault.

As an experiment, I did try setting other weather types, however, the green fog effect persists regardless of the set weather type. All I was trying to do was set it back to "Clear" which is how it was when I saved.

Scoob.

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Lol, I just had a Zirax walk right up to my landed HV, clip through the side, then shoot me repeatedly when I got out of my cockpit still inside my HV.

Scoob.

7. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

LOL. Or, their initial guess wasn't perfect.

BTW being close and moving quickly makes it harder for someone to keep you in their sights than being far away and moving at the same speed.

malrose1 likes this.
  8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

There is an issue with FPS with CVS with docked SV/HV. Already on the list.

9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

"weather Clear 1" (case-sensitive and needs a number)

You need to add a delay there. That is how long it takes to transition to the specified weather type. And yeah I've noticed the same thing with weather being forgotten on loading. What you can also do is "weather Clear 1" and then "weather Clear 100000" and I think it will then spend all that time transitioning from clear to clear and leave your weather alone. ;)

Moonsugar and malrose1 like this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the tip! I noticed the number to delay the weather transition, but it didn't occur to me that it'd be required for it to work at all :)

Managed to neuter the Drone Base regardless, even if, once again my HV's turrets are HUGELY random as to whether they'll fire or not, and what they'll actually shoot at. On paper, my HV should utterly rip apart the fairly light Drone Base on Skillon. However, it'd regularly simply not bother to fire, or waste ammo trying to shoot at something inside the POI, while the exterior turret pound me. I'll be VERY happy once they fix the LoS targeting, so only things the turret can "see" will be targeted...

Scoob.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool. I know it'd been brought up before - by me and doubtless others - but it's nice to see someone else (@Pantera) be able to re-create it from my save.

Note: on my other smaller CV, I externally docked an SV and an HV without issue. This is in my bug report save too, back at my Masperon Base.

Scoob.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Oooo, never had this happen before...

I'd arrived on Skillon and dug in. I had a basic base under construction, but it wasn't powered and had no devices other than the core. I had however, built most of a hanger for my HV - which I brought down from orbit - and it was parked inside. I had a warning drones were on their way - obviously Skillons trigger is BA Starter Block placed and nothing else, not even a powered base. As the entrance was exposed, I popped a hangar door up - stored on my HV - though still unpowered. The drones arrived, circled my base for a bit, then flew off!!

I've never had any sort of base attack drone just fly off like that, they've always stuck around, even if they have nothing to shoot. Is this some new behaviour? Anyone else seen this? On Masperon, where I started this game, Drones attacked as you'd expect.

Scoob.

13. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Sounds about like the weather where i live.

14. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

Radiated fog...? Let me guess... Prypjat? Fukushima? Harrisburgh?

Gatt likes this.
  15. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Maybe it just feels like that. But it does seem like it can change from the time you walk in the front door to the time you walk out the back door:D

Moonsugar likes this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's something that bugs me about the current implementation of auto-reload. As soon as I fire my last shot, there's a brief pause, then the weapon auto-reloads. However, this totally blocks the ability to switch to another weapon.

Often, during a heated POI assault, I'd find myself emptying my main gun and, to avoid the long (when a nightmare is rushing you!) reload cycle, I'd switch to a backup weapon. So, Assault Rifle at medium range, switching to Shotgun at close range. However, the current implementation of auto-reload breaks this. Here's what happens now...

Fire off last bullet in Assault Rifle
    Instantly switch to secondary weapon (shotgun)
    Wait - for no reason
    Wait - while the reload I didn't want occurs
    Finally switch to Shotgun, several seconds after I pressed the appropriate hotkey
    Become Nightmare food

Auto reload really on needs to happen when attempting to fire a weapon that's already empty. Also, if the trigger was held down - i.e. you've shot of an entire clip with one click - you should have to release the trigger and press again to trigger a reload.

I've been trying to get used to this auto-reload mechanic, but I feel it's simply implemented incorrectly in its current state. So, as it stands were are totally unable to switch to a backup fire arm, nor are we able to choose to empty a weapon.

My preference would be either empty-fire reload, or no auto reload. Add to that the ability to empty a weapon would be nice :)

Scoob.

17. Stinefelt

Stinefelt Ensign

EAC is still giving issues, please advise on what you need to help correct this.

Guru likes this.
  18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
  19. Kilndown

Kilndown Ensign

I agree with scoob on auto reload. Another possibility would be to make auto reload interruptible by a weapon change.

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all, random observation, something that might be a problem...

Here's something that just happened in my fresh, 6.5.3 game start on Akua - Single Player FYI.

I just took my SV to visit one of my AMiD's and collected a useful amount of Ore from it. I did this while standing on my SV, as it was night time & I try to be cautious. My caution paid off as, moments after collecting the Ore I hear a critter noise & see one of the bipedal alien bug dudes heading for me. I pop back into the enclosed cockpit of my SV and prepared to head off. While sat in the cockpit - and I had been for several seconds - I suddenly take 200 damage from the Alien bug dude. If I'd not been at full health, this could have been a problem.

I had several instances of this in my prior game too, being hit while inside an enclosed cockpit, as well as when walking around inside one of my larger HV's. The route cause of this issue appear to be critters - and possibly other NPC's - regularly simply clipping through my vessels as if they're not there. They can then attack me as I either sit in the cockpit, or walk about supposedly safe inside a larger vessel.

Critters/NPC's appear to be stopped by base blocks, as well as CV blocks, so they're not an issue. SV/HV's however seem problematic.

Just wanted to see if others are experiencing this, as I feels it's becoming frequent enough be be an issue.

Scoob.

malrose1 likes this.