Alpha 6.6.1: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 16, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hey everyone,

we just released a patch that addresses several issues from Alpha 6.6.

Changelog: Alpha 6.6.1 (Build 1202)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Interrupting a reload resulted in the ammo of the weapon or tool reloading being placed in the toolbar: now ammo is placed into inventory (and if inventory full into toolbar)
    - Fixed: Exception when a playfield designer used very small values for near-POI resource spawning
    - Fixed: Exception when adding more than 8 items in construction queue of Survival Constructor or Furnace
    - Fixed: Very limited character set for Game and Player names (now international characters can be used - eg in Russian, Japanese or Chinese)
    - Fixed: Mirror plane did not work correctly with color/texture tool
    - Fixed: PDA language was not updating on first open after language was changed
    - Fixed: Chat box second row of text was roaming free out of its one line blue boundaries
    - Fixed: Exception that appeared on a dedi "Exception: Please remove this script from: Light"
    - Fixed: Problem that Spotlight Cube was removed earlier than Spotlight slope or Spotlight horizontal (LOD level)

Changes:
    - Mirror plane: enabling mirror plane should now behave as before, i.e. when you enable the plane the last used plane will appear
    - Added console cmd "deco refresh" to reload all deco after a change in playfield.yaml
    - Added better emissive texture to holo screens
    - Seamless emissive texture is now brighter when placed the first time
    - Updated model for control station (deco table with computer)
    - Updated icon for dedi server

2. OutlawCecil

OutlawCecil Ensign

Thanks for the quick changes/fixes. Think you can fix the new bloom effect so it's not blinding in every way? Spotlights just wash out every surface now.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

The bloom effect appears to be "balanced" for the "High" shadows setting, so it looks ok at that detail level. However, like lights in general, the effect is a bit too much when using "Medium" shadows and below. Basically, if I run at Medium Shadows - which I do once I have a large Base / CV with lots of lights - I have to turn down the intensity, while increasing the range of all lights I place. If I'm at High Shadows however, I have no need to make adjustments.

Basically, going from High to Medium shadow settings massively increases general light glare, and this is exaggerated further with the new bloom effect. The effect does look really good at night, when on an object that's otherwise surrounded by darkness, however inside an already bright area its...well, quite painful really lol.

Scoob.