Alpha 6.6: Convenience and Builder Tools

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 15, 2017.

1. michaelhartman89

What a day! I got to play the new 6.6 today and I loved it. Its been so long since I just got to rush in and raid some POI's. Got some in-game time as a regular joe away from my admin duties and I have to say I had a blast!

Eleon this game is revolutionary when you are deep in the action with a friend, racing back with your last t1 assault rifle, with no food or health packs trying to rescue your gear before it despawns.

Aside from our fight at the Xenu POI, we had a huge battle with a medium size cv and lost a poorly equipped sv during the fight due to stupidity on my part. Turned out to be an hour long battle which we weren't equipped for, coming off a brand new start.

We eventually took it down, although we lost 2 epics and a backpack full of other weapons and about 2k of assorted rockets for my sv. We killed it with a size 1 vessel!

The one thing that was upsetting, was that there is a really short despawn time on the patrol vessels and we werent able to get anything in return for our loss. I'd love to see that changed to a longer time.

All in all, I had a great day off work. I absolutely love the rush I get playing. It reminds so much of the old days playing Goldeneye split screen or Halo 1 on legendary co-op.

The one thing the was a downer, since I am playing without the item menu now (love not being an admin atm) was the fact that prices at traders aren't balanced across the board. There is still no incentive to buy from them. Common practice is to go to poi's or craft items.

I would love to see the buy/sell market grow in 7.0. If not the full fledged economy, please reset prices to lower ammounts and make it the default across the board. Also please let more enemies drop loot or leave more credits in POI's to give us some. Reason to use the game currency.

Overall, great job Eleon. I love what you are doing with the game.

I can't wait to see 7.0, the biomes look fantastic!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. michaelhartman89

I like this a thousand times over

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

If anyone is having problems getting the paint/texture tool to work correctly with the symmetry tool it looks like you need to start a new saved game. Just a heads up.

Edit: And it seems like I'm still having problems using it with existing blueprints. It's inconsistent. Doesn't always work and sometimes painting/texturing things it shouldn't(no, apply to whole block option is not checked).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Is it to do with the orientation of the blocks you are seeing issues on ?

Can you show examples in a bug report:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-6-x.12680/

5. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Pantera and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I'd take a wild guess that "whole experience" = Max Settings. :p

heheh no one will ever agree on the correct Implementation of a "tastefullydecorate Command". :p

Patience dude, patience.

TiwBras and binhthuy71 like this.
  7. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Captain

True that. Sad when everyone fails to admit that I'm right. :D

rainyday and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. agal59

agal59 Lieutenant

Love the "tastefullydecorate" command idea. It could do only better than my attempts no matter whose ideas were used!

Tyrax Lightning and Mortlath like this.
  9. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

Is that flowing water that i am spotting :cool:

10. Browar

Browar Lieutenant

Year 2030.
    Empyrion alpha 95.14 released.
    Empyrion has 4x better resolution than reality.
    All people leave real world and transfer themselves to game.
    Bugs from alpha 3.0 still not fixed.

GoldDragon and Marty like this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

This one is a major frustration for me too. I've had downed PV's despawn within three minutes, which seems a little silly & doesn't even allow me to loot Cargo Boxes, let alone salvage equipment. Originally, in SP at least, PV's did not despawn - well, I had enough time to totally reclaim them. I liked that.

Freighters have a ~30 minute timer for despawn, but the trigger for this is odd. I've had a functional Freighter - so Core intact, and some thrusters in each direction still working etc. - ping a message saying the timer is triggered. So, while a bit erratic, the 30 minutes is a decent amount of time.

Carriers on the other hand, seem to persist for ages. I took out a carrier in Akua orbit and it was still there many hours later after I'd gone back to the planet & headed out again.

I think for MP we need to be able to set despawn timers for all downed AI-controlled vessels, but in SP I'd suggest no despawn.

Hoping to get some game time today, all I managed yesterday - after a very busy real-world day - was to log in to the forums...then flake out totally lol.

Scoob.

12. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I agree, the PV despawn time is REALLY short. Should be 30 mins just like the freighters (with similar 'warnings').

13. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

The PV despawn time means you have to run and grab everything you can before it's gone. lol I think the downed PVs should despawn after 30 minutes if there are no players at its location. Magical disappearing ships is a bit strange.

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I got so frustrated with this in my prior play-through - plus I was experiencing the "ghost" bug - that I actually used the three minutes prior to de-spawn to blueprint Masperons PV, then brought it back the moment it vanished :) I actually make it functional too...as recompense for my hours of frustration lol.

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

IMHO can't really tell in a still image... would need a GIF to be sure.

I give this Post a Like because of this...

& I take the Like back away from the Post because of this...

Let the Devs work, & please, in the name of Arceus, don't jinx it! :eek:

Would make more sense if at the end of its life, instead of just disappearing, it EXPLODED! :D

16. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

two things:
    1. I was so excited when I read "increased range of texture and paint". Then ingame I realized Eleon did not increase the range (variety) of colors or the range (variety) of textures, but the distance you can spay paint or alter textures. :( Hoping for more choices in the future.
    2. Thank you for "switching weapons while reloading" feature. However, I had hoped that when weapon A started reloading and I switched to weapon B, when I switched back to weapon A it would have completed reloading. Sadly, not the case. It does not seem to complete reloading until it is the active weapon again. Still, it is a great improvement so I don't stand there getting murdered while waiting for a reload.

17. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

How about a mass paint and mass texture console command so we can lay a base coat on an entire structure? I really wish you guys would make mergestructs work with CVs and in space...been asking for a while.

And no replaceblocks (pyramids to cubes) would have been nice for these new class rules.

How is this auto brake/inertia thing supposed to work? I still slow down if I turn off front thrusters or use the thruster switch like last patch...

I hope you all change the SV to CV collision design where a SV can tackle a CV. A CV should realistically just rip an SV to shreds. It's not like an elephant falls over if a mouse climbs on their foot.

18. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

Like how the freighters explode? lol Sorry, I couldn't help but think of the time we waited to watch it blow... and then we went :( PV would make a sound while vanishing instead of just poofing out of existence.

19. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Would not make much sense if you could be able to 'cheat-reload' like that:p

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

While like like explosions, and agree the current "explosions" for freighters are...well, not special, I wonder what is exploding? I mean, by the time I've finished with it all potentially volatile components are gone, no Generators, Fuel Tanks, O2 tanks, Ammo Boxes etc. it's just Steel Blocks.

I think, going forward, if Freighters become a little more challenging to take down - so not 5 minutes in your gatling-equipped starter SV - then the reward should compensate a little. So, don't despawn while a player is present, let us loot it entirely if we wish, but if we leave the area, say 500m away, then there's a little flash and is disappears. I'm all for an option to let players fully capture a freighter if they wish...allow us to play with some of these excellent creations....

Scoob.