Alpha 6.7.1: Empyrion Admin Helper and "Road to Alpha 7 - Part III"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 21, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]
    The above screenshot is from our internal Alpha 7.0 development branch and shows the new desert planet Zeyhines.

Update: September 25, 2017 - Build 1219

We just released another small patch to fix an issue with the Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH) tool. It seems that the EAH tool was reported by several virus scanners due to the obfuscation tool we are using. We changed the obfuscator and it should be fine now.

Changelog: Alpha 6.7.1 (Build 1219)

Changes:

- Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH) tool now uses a different obfuscator to avoid reports by virus scanners
    - Added community translation for Polish: Thanks to ChrisMatters

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Exploit with Stamina Recovery

--------------------------------------------

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another small patch for the Alpha 6.7 development cycle and included the "Empyrion Admin Helper" (EAH) tool. When you are a server admin, you might already know this tool because it is one of the best out there to manage your server.

To facilitate the life of all server admins, we decided to include EAH as a separate program into the Dedicated Server package of Empyrion - in other words, it will now automatically be distributed with the Empyrion Dedicated Server. A big thank you to Jascha and RexXxus for developing this tool.

For info about EAH and a basic documentation, please have a look here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/documentation.13838/

Please let us know what you think about EAH and what we can still improve.

Changelog: Alpha 6.7.1 (Build 1218)

Changes:
    - Added "Empyrion Admin Helper" tool to dedicated server package

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that first-person and third-person camera was sometimes clipping into objects
    - Possible Fix: Connection to workshop BP's list sometimes being lost (we increased the subscription limit from 100 to 300)
    - Fixed: LCD Panels not updating after initial edit.

----------------------------

Road to Alpha 7 - Progress Report

Two weeks ago, we gave you a few insight on the main features of the Alpha 7.0, which can be summarized as “World Design, Creative Tools and Visuals”.

If you missed the info, please follow these links:

Creative Tools & Visuals blog: https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-6-7-patch-and-road-to-alpha-7-part-ii.13332

World Design blog: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...pdate-hull-textures-and-road-to-alpha-7.12796

While adding more textures for different materials and refining the visuals, as well as the world build-tech and related features, we also made some changes, that will directly impact a very central gameplay element: mining and building

First and foremost: Alpha 7.0 will not change the way HOW you build and mine - the gameplay mechanic itself has not changed on a global scale - you still drill for ore and use the constructors and the templates to build devices. The new version will instead change, how deposits are handled, how resources look and it will address the composition of most of the templates.

Mining:
    - The planetary deposits are no large spheres or “blobs of ore” anymore, but are now split up into smaller chunks of “sub-surface ore rocks” (SSOR) that can be found inside the perimeter of a deposit. These SSOR work similar to the surface rocks, which break and drop ore when you drill them. The difference: The SSORs currently hold a single type ore and a larger amount of it. As a side note: With this new method, we could even have “mixed ore deposits” in a future iteration.
    - As the new deposit parameters allow to have those rocks scattered in a certain area (dense or wide-spread), and while you will need to remove more dirt, you’ll get the first iteration of an ore scanner as a new gadget to help with the discovery process. This device, which you simply put in your toolbar, works like a “near field ore scanner”. When activated, it will visualize the position of the SSOR close to you, so you do not need to do a lot of guesswork where to drill. The discovery of an ore deposit itself, is still done the old way (This might change in the future as well)
    - Asteroid mining will not change
    - Handheld drill speeds will be increased.

Components and Templates:
    - We reviewed the names of some of the components and found that they do not sound appropriate to a sci-fi game - thus we added new names. For example instead of cable, we now use optical fiber. Pipes are replaced with Nanotubes. And so on. This might change or get expanded in future patches, but we think you get the idea behind this new approach ;-)
    - Most of the templates now use these changed names.

Both Mining and Components/Templates are a first iteration and will require your dedicated feedback as soon as the Alpha 7.0 Experimental is released! :)

Said that, and if everything goes accordingly, we aim for a first Alpha 7.0 Experimental Release very soon (in less than a week)!

We also added a new SV device - can you guess, what it will do? ;-)
    [​IMG]

Little hint: it is a device that is already used in CVs:
    [​IMG]
    Note: we updated the model of this device because the shape of the old model reminded too much of something to eat (other hint) ;)

A teaser pics of the new lava planet:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

First!!
    my job is done!

Yay, we now have pizza oven for CV & SV!

3. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Huh? You don't mean the Donut, do you??

(warpable SVs... oh yeah, Mark 5 to rule the galaxy...)

4. A Mueller

A Mueller Ensign

(We increased the blueprints subscription limit from 100 to 300!)

That is some great news, thank you!!!!!!

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Commander

SV warp drive!!! Now that has made my day! :D

6. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Lieutenant

La mort du CV :(

Watcher330 likes this.
  7. MiRION

MiRION Ensign

somthing.. looks like donut?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

[​IMG]
    in most CVs you probably always have this...

9. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

I'm going to miss the donut. I had a lot of builds that used it for spectacular visuals.

10. Miamato

Miamato Lieutenant

Sooo, now all we need is way to dock HV into SV :)

11. wildboy

wildboy Lieutenant

ty for the update Eleon,
    will be great tool for servers admins out there, indeed one of the best tools.
    Also the 3 bug fixes will help a lot of people.

and warp drive for sv's :) that will be nice.. size 5x3x2
    that means we also will get some more "destinations" ;)

12. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

as it looks new 'warp engine' size is 5x3x2 blocks...

and I vote for return of our beloved 5x5x2 SPACE DONAT as an INTERSTELLAR DRIVE, when we have our galaxies!
    Who's with me, c'mon people, let's bring down Eleon donat-haters!

BTW, on serious note - I have a question!

How is this new method of planet ore deposits with 'rocks' reflect on HV drilling?
    ... are they some kind of underground 'soft rocks' that we eat with drills, or something like meteors that's shrinking...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  13. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

There've been a few comments to that effect. Hopefully more Experimental / Public feedback convince them to keep the old model as an alternate, for visual reasons. Potentially a more 'rugged' style with higher HP.

14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Commander

Yeah I've seen some interesting designs utilizing the old donuts shape to great effect, and it looked great but I wasn't as much of a fan. I found the thing to be a bit cumbersome in size and a pain for smaller designs. I'm hoping this one is the 3 blocks wide that it looks, and can't wait to see what I can do design wise with it. Visualy I think its a winner.

Maybe Eleon could include both designs as a single block group so we have a choice of what we use.

15. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Really, warpable SVs are a great addition!
    I've always had to spawn my Micro-Warp-Shuttle for travelling back for AMD-Runs, then back at my Mobile-Base-CV I had to disassemble it again. Now I can just use a SV with enough Cargo boxes, as it can dock at the CV all the time... This is a great QoL addition! WIN - WIN.

Yes, I've seen some great designs too, and this would be a good way to deal with, especially then old designs do not need to be updated.

16. wildboy

wildboy Lieutenant

good point, @Hummel-o-War is that possible?
    I understand a lot of ppl want a more compact design for there cv's and that's not a problem, i also have small cv's and they are just a little to big with the warp drive incl.
    But there is a group of people incl myself that design big cv's can give the warp drive a more prominent spot in the cv for design reasons.

17. Cleff

Cleff Lieutenant

SVs with warp drives will be really amazing and was needed for a while so this is pretty exciting!

However, it seems that CVs got an unintentional "nerf" due to this since warp-capability was one of the reasons to build one. I propose to you Eleon that when you eventually make multiple solar systems to explore, the SV warp drive is limited to inside a single solar system whereas a CV can equip both the normal warp drive as well as a more powerful upgraded warp drive that enables travel to other solar systems. That way CVs will still hold a unique function that SVs can't steal from them.

That being said, I'm very glad SVs are getting warp drives. The SV-CV relationship balance just needs to be re-adjusted in the future to give some diversity to each class back.

18. vicomt

vicomt Captain

It's nice having a new model and all, but yeah, can we please have both? the donut does make some awesome visuals, and it's loss *will* make some people sad.

that said, I really don't see the need to put warp drives in SV's, just sort out the docking of everything to everything ;)

19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

That's basically the plan. ;-)

20. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

so will Autominers disappear or how ill tey be treated!, and YAY! 7.0 looks excellent!

My concern with warp drive for SV = great balancing act will be required to ensure the CV doesnt get redundant in some way. (in this case my beloved hope from HV to dock to SV will be a bad idea)