Alpha 6.7: Patch and "Road to Alpha 7 - Part II"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Thundershock_LT

Thundershock_LT Lieutenant

Hey, about those new planets. Will they be bigger than the allready known ones? Since you are bringing in higher mountains and from the looks of it large terrain decals, it seems a little weird to put those in a +/- 8x3 km planet.

Throw us a bone here...

2. michaelhartman89

It's all part of the process. Hummel or Piddlefoot said a while back that it would save the devs time adding details to the enviroment before making them bigger. Whats the point of having a hundred kilometer planet with low details, a repetitive environment with only one biome per planet.

From my understanding, this all needs to be fixed before we change the design of the planets and make a procedural universe.

We are going to be in the testing phase for quite a while, so features are going to be packed into these small maps for quite a few more updates before they change the structure of these planets and the removal of the pole barriers.

3. Hicks42

Hicks42 Lieutenant

Meh, your opinion. I think it would be a nice middle ground. Some folks like driving the bus over the fighters. Lots of reasons why a Drop Ship class would be a good compromise. If you are closed to it, that is your choice.

eLLe and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Middle class ship? but can't you already create that ? There are smaller CVs in the game. You don't have to build a huge CV if you don't want to.
    I am all for more options . I just don't see how it would be that much different than what we can do now. I think if the Devs are going to add a ship like that then it needs to be extremely different. It can't have access to any of the abilities a CV has and it can't be as fast as a SV can travel. I think each ship in this game should be designed to point where it can't take the place of another vehicle and you still have to use all the other vehicles.
    If you have a middle class drop ship, the drop ship would not be allowed the same fire power of a SV or a CV. Maybe enough weapons to defend itself and run away but not enough weapons to take out a POI or even get into a dog fight with another SV or CV.
    I think a Drop ship like that should get ripped apart any time it attempts to take on a SV or a CV one on one.
    If it's going to be a transport ship then make it a 100% transport only but at the sametime SV would not have the ability to carry other vehicles if you're going to add a Middle class drop ship.
    Also Drop ship should be denied access to warp just like the SV is. CV will still have it's abilities to carry all ship types because a Capital ship is still part carrier too.

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Quite frankly one can already make a SV Dropship. I still see no logical reasoning why a new Vehicle Type would need to be Coded just to do what the SV already does. Maybe someday HVs will be allowed to Dock to SVs too, then Gigas sized SVs built to haul a HV to & from a CV could become a thing, who knows? Would be the far more practical answer.

Neal, Frigidman, eLLe and 2 others like this.
  6. Hicks42

Hicks42 Lieutenant

I was thinking of it for more turret gun derivatives more along the lines of scaled up hv weapons or scaled down cv weapons. Not meant to be competition for SV superiority <SV's should be the goto choice for Fighter defense.> Nor would I think they should be sheep for the shearing vs. other ships. If CV's aren't allowed in atmo any more, a fair portion of my premise, then a transport/ground attack heavier class of ship would be Nice. Would love to set something up that works on the same principle as an AC-130. Making them useless in a fight vs poi's, cv's, ba's, sv's or hv's is just disingenuous. As for large SV's... go count the devices on a really large one.... the numbers get fairly ridiculous fairly quickly. Why narrow options for game-play? Why not broaden them instead? Just my feelings and thoughts on the subject. *Edited for poor proof reading and written skills*

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    MadRussian and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

But he does bring up a good point. There needs to be some way to take your HV with you from planet to planet for the MP serves that chooses to disallow CVs from landing on planets. Right now on those Servers I would image that players would have to build new HVs or don't bother with HVs at all. What I hope is that when the devs add larger planets they make sure these planets can handle pretty big CVs landing on them on the MP side. I do know of one MP server that allow CVs to land on planet and they're pretty cool about it. I'm sure there are more out there but the Wolves Community is are really good about allowing you to build what you want and land it on a planet. They've found away to make their planets bigger which I don't know how they did it.

ion_storm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Tyrax Lightning

MP is capable of Banning CVs from Planetside? I never heard of that, or forgot about it. Wow.

More reason why allowing HV Docking onto SVs would be a viable option. Could be fun to drive my Tyrax Hover War Tank off a Mountain Slope, Aileron Roll in midair, then land neatly onto the back bed of a SV shaped like a flying giant Pickup Truck! :D

ion_storm and banksman45 like this.
  9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Lieutenant

The only thing that could add to that is a horn that plays opening notes to Dixie during the jump. ... I am guessing you Really like that tank... :D

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  10. Tyrax Lightning

My current best War Tank Build to date imho. Info on it here. :)

Also like my current latest Mining HV as well, even though i'm still a little disappointed I wasn't able to fit a Fridge or 'Spare Parts Box' into it. (It's among my smallest & most 'Portablized' Builds ever.)

old_guy and banksman45 like this.
  11. GTv

GTv Captain

The new planets look an awful lot like the old planets and the new textures look a lot like the old textures. Instead of adding an effect to old textures, why not add new textures to the game.
    When are the planets going to be actual planets and not maps with barriers and a teleport line?
    Can we expect dynamic water soon?

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Yes they are. It was a few months back. I think it's a line you add in the Yami file that can ban CVs from landing but at least it's optional.

13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

There will be plenty of new textures - don't worry.

14. GTv

GTv Captain

Your 'plenty' and my 'plenty' might not jibe. It would be nice to add in custom textures in single player and co-op games though.

15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

You are right about that. Some people are never happy what they have or what they get - they will always want more :)

16. Hicks42

Hicks42 Lieutenant

Might as well make custom textures allowable with a flag to different levels of permissions on a MP server as well. Allows further customization for distinctiveness between players, factions, uncle Bob.. etc.

banksman45 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  17. Skarinou

Skarinou Ensign

oh trust me i get that and have no problem with it, played enough EA games to agree with that but i was more looking to get an answer about if the re texturing with change things like planet shapes and land heights, if i have to start again so be it, thats part of the fun as you can try new things or simply do things a little different.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  18. TNTBOY479

TNTBOY479 Lieutenant

You know, for every teaser you guys show, i feel like i paid too little for this game lmao

old_guy, Starwing6, Dietrich and 5 others like this.
  19. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Not really my opinion when it comes from many others. The devs are not interested in a third size of blocks when...

You can make your bus already.
    You can make a light fighter already.
    You can make a ginourmous land snail maxed to the brim (all in sv or hv blocks).
    When fluid docking comes, then any ship can be a drop ship or tow vehicle.

There is no reason to make a triplicate of everything in 1m blocks... what next, 1.5m blocks because, oh, well, we got .5m blocks, 1m blocks and 2m... dang, we are missing 1.5m blocks...

Repier, ion_storm, Dietrich and 5 others like this.
  20. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

Did you know you can use the "harvester module" to Chew threw Prey/Predators etc?
    It doesnt collect the meat (wish it did)
    And its cheaper on bullets