Alpha 6.7: Patch and "Road to Alpha 7 - Part II"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

Yes!!
    I forgot to Add that to my List

Then we could have Mothership base block and CVs cant enter the Atmosphere
    it all works out

old_guy, Neal and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

I been Asking this Question since 2016

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

Dont get me Started on the Modding in this game....Just a yaml? Give me a break i want to Create my own stuff

4. michaelhartman89

You know I wish it collected plants. I've been wanting to make a Combine for a while. I can just build a ranch on mars and harvest my crops and milk my lizard mules while the lady makes some Dino Stew.

5. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

Are the players ready to wait 5 years just to be told they might never get "real" planets, knowing other games are already hard at work on this issue?

6. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

I been asking this same Question since 2016
    I'm done asking and ready to Move on to the Next game thats like this...its coming....
    if they dont get their Crap together
    There is alot of Closet coders out there that do amazing stuff and its all about Greed.....
    i have seen this in Many great games even 7 days

Tyrax Lightning and Kassonnade like this.
  7. michaelhartman89

Nobody's going to wait 5 years, im sure we'll have it by 9.0. If not in 8.0 it is sure to come to fruition soon. I'd rather see a functional economy, NPC interaction/missions, NPC Faction wars and some lore so we have more of a purpose to explore. Once that's all in place they can work on caves and merge features and then finally planets.

I understand some people hate the barriers, but I'd rather see the devs take the easiest approach the first time and plan out for the layout of of the procedural galaxy before they just plop us into a mediocre galaxy that is empty and pointless.

If they can achieve it with spherical planets and with a procedural galaxy right now, then go ahead right away and get started. Only thing is that for PvPers, how do you plan on finding anyone in an endless galaxy without a well structured plan to populate with npcs and players beforehand?

This is where dual universe is going to succeed. I hope Empyrion can figure out a way to structure its servers that way someday.

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

In a recent thread some agreed that the game was at approx. 30% development done. Since this project started in 2013, and now being in Early Access for 2 years, this 30% took 4 years to reach, which makes the 5 years estimate almost conservative. I also think that since Empyrion relies entirely on the Unity engine and its "playfield" management, making big changes to playfields in function (not just size!) should be easier to try and test while there are not too many fancy features glued upon it. I might be wrong, but the actual approach of adding anything over a terrain structure that will need a thorough overhaul at some point seems counter-intuitive. How will AI pathfinding work when ( IF ) gravity changes from a universal Y axis to a relative-to-object system? This only makes me believe that "round planets" will not be possible in this game, at least not before it is made functional in Unity, in all aspects (collision, AI, physics). As for the "polar barriers" what solution will magically transform the square maps pinched at high latitudes into even terrains on a globe, without requiring re-writing all the coordinate system for POI placement / terrain / planet generation? I'm damn curious about this, and I have been reading a lot to see what is realistic and what is not in the present timeframe with the Unity Engine. Add to this that this game relies on a voxel system, which already demands a lot from computers, and I don't see any easy way to radically change the playfields / physics.

9. Hicks42

Hicks42 Lieutenant

Yes you can make a big bus but all it can carry is people and items that can be stored in its cargo boxes and passengers.

LIGHT fighters... Yes only light fighters. Dodge or die. I'm thinking these vehicles need to be less maneuverable and more Durable. Think more like the PV's but NOT planet bound CV's

That ginormous SV or HV .... When you need 100+ thrusters to move the thing reasonably nimbly and it is the size of a Destroyer and it still only has the fixed gun SV options makes it pretty useless in a serious battlefield. Plus, that many devices gets ridiculous really quick.

The ability to dock is nice yep that is one of the things I want bad.

For further ideas. Make the DS class the Mobile bulk repair ship. Not with a repair bay but with vehicular mounted Multi-Tools, 6 like t2 HV drills and a cone effect repair field for for faster repair of bases, cv's ,etc etc

On the note of vehicular Multi-tools Make this the Salvage ship. Not a AOE reclaim effect but you can have 6 shooting at the same time.

Fing TURRETS. Not mostly fixed weaponry. something that will lend itself to a play style on ground attack s that doesn't involve buzzing around your target like a Humming bird with an RPG.

Ban cv's from atmo.... pretty silly things weighing as much as Massachusetts spending the fuel to leave the atmo or enter it... Nor would just about any of the Unprepared surfaces, and quite a few of prepared ones, do anything more than be broken when something that Large lands on it.

Just my thing. Peace folks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  10. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

I am, once again, disappointed. The game needs game play content, ASAP.

Solarix and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That's one way to look at it. Other one is that builders are getting tons of new tools for building content to this game.

12. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

If this game turns into SE i'm going to Burn my Eyes out

.:skorpion:. and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

What does SE has to do with building content for the game? Im talking about POI's and such - which we're gonna need a tons more if we are to get new & bigger planets. Or there is nothing on them.

14. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

"Cubic block-selection: copy, paste, cut and delete an area in all three dimension!" While I'm very much welcome this new features it make me think. If we can copy and paste anything and publish, soon copy-paste patchwork CVs will appear on the workshop. In the same time we also want to be able to modify blueprints for our self and for modified servers. Or I do not mind if my friends use up parts from my prints and publish.
    Maybe a smart protection for blueprint parts needed. Similarly like we have the publishing options: Private, Friends, Public.

vicomt, Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Well, the thing is - Workshop is Eleon's property, not ours. By uploading it there, you give it to them to be used freely.

If someone takes credit of your original creation (like has happened to me) - it's really up to Eleon if they wanna do something about it. It's a crappy situation - but there's very little us creators can do about that. So I don't think any kind of protection makes sense - it's more that the community will take care of itself and gives the credit to those who have earned it. Of course there are few rotten eggs amongst all communities, sadly.

16. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

People who have no idea how development works, or how it progresses, should really just shutup about it.

Kilndown, Starwing6, Dietrich and 4 others like this.
  17. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

I NEVER upload blueprints and if i see my ships i report them instantly
    Getting in Factions is the Worst because they can just walk up and steal your Ships..that easy

18. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

Maybe you should educate them

vicomt and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  19. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

I agree bro...
    Just saying there has to be a easier way instead of putting them out there...
    I have a Feeling the it's going to be another 7 days situation (i hope not)
    Everybody and their Mothers Kids will be claiming to make stuff they never did or just edited
    I can point out about 50% or more of the workshop is just that now

And what's wrong with learning to Build your own Game?
    Build your own buildings and make a Scenario,Edit old buildings
    I know its alot of work i understand that and doing it in a Alpha game is "Nutz"
    I'm still trying to figure out how to Add my own Icons/Recipes/Items/Guns Etc
    The .Yaml thing is kind of Easy but takes alot of time.
    I found some .XMLs today in the files

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

Are you speaking for the developer team here?

Maybe people who have no idea how public relations work should avoid forums. What do you think?