Alpha 6.7: Patch and "Road to Alpha 7 - Part II"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 8, 2017.

1. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Commander

The problem with Autominers over HV drilling is that to work as described, the AMiD must have been set up and operating for several HOURS, if not a day or so, before they can compete.

Also, HVs can use turrets, which SVs can not. Doing loot raids is still better in the HV rather than the SV.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Yeah seriously.. If I had a few beers in me and I was in a bar and he said that we'd have to step outside.

There are a lot of choices that can made during game development. If eleon wanted to do a long term road map to tell us what direction things were going up to 8-9 etc with a little bit of explanation of what was chosen and why then people would at least "know a little something about game development."

As it is everything is behind a curtain so of course we know nothing about the game's development. That seems to be exactly as intended too.

Don't be such a punk because you have insider info frigid.

3. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I'm not. LOL If this game went in the direction of Space Engineers as far as building then I am all for it because Builders make up a large portion of this community as well. So you can't just ignore them. Plus I love to build. To be honest there are a lot of people playing this game right now because Space Engineers completely ignored their survival game not because they didn't enjoy the building part. Also I think I remember someone saying that Creative mode was going to be another game mode one day. Which I really hope it's true.
    So give me cool blocks, cool textures, cool stuff for my ships and bases.

4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

This is the part I do not understand. If people are concerned about someone taking their Blueprints then make them only available to friends. Steam does give us that option. You don't have to make it public. You can be real selective on who sees your bps and who doesn't. Now if you use your BP on a MP server then there shouldn't be any protections for that. If someone is able to take out your ship and put their core in and take it then that is all part of playing on a MP server. I play single player mostly but when I do play MP I expect stuff like that.

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I agree. I think sometimes people forget that they're not the only ones who play this game and other gamers who want different stuff play this game as well.
    Builders play this game
    Survival gamers play this game
    Single players play this game
    Multiplayers play this game
    People who just want to Explore play this game

So people just have to be patient if the features they want are not in yet.

Sofianinho, Starwing6, rucky and 3 others like this.
  6. Neal

Neal Captain

That would be exactly what i need tbh!

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I have to agree with the first part. What good are big beautiful planets and multiple star systems if there is nothing to do? lol Remember when NO Man Sky came out?? All of these billions of planets but nothing to do on them.
    Empyrion Devs are updating the game just about every two weeks with a major update on the Expreimental Branch every month for us to test. Maybe if you only play on the Stable branch it might seem like nothing is coming out but sign up for the experimental branch and you will see a lot is getting done. Elon is moving faster than any game I've been in. It just seems slow to people who think their features should come first.
    Try complaining to a gamer like me who has Star Citizen. Which every week there is another delay and all you hear for two years is "it's going to be Great once it's released " . lol You have to deal with the constant Star Citizen in 2049 jokes. So people have to forgive me if I think Elon has spoiled us rotten in this game with their constant updates and trying to please us. Other games would not attempt to go to this far into pleasing the community like Elon does.

I may be in the minority but I think once it's all said and done Empyrion will be better than Dual Universe. DU's concept of everyone being on the same server sounds good but I think it will be one of those things that you think you want until you actually get it and realize the common features that come with games like Space Engineers and Empyrion that have to be cut out in order to make the single shared server concept work. That is just my little side opinion.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Yes I did. I experimented with that fast after the Harvester first came out, & use it for that FAR more then actual Wood Chopping. :D

Though... it looks & feels weird when i'm chewing them up with the Harveters & they cry in pain & take damage, but don't flinch or react to the attack at all.

I still put my foot down, better done RIGHT then FAST.

Also don't forget that whining about this has been among the loudest for all Issues, yet in the Survey, this didn't rank real high in the Results.

Counterpoint: The game had to start off with a LOT of Band Aid Fix systems to become playable for early testing. One cannot build Real Planets on Band Aid Foundation, then mess with those sections of Foundation bit by bit, then expect the SIGame Code to stay standing effortlessly.

Band Aids in & of themselves, aka, Band Aid Fix Foundation, may in & of itself be part of the reason Real Planets are taking so long, & throwing Real Planets onto structure that can't hold it later would be foolishness.

IMHO, I think part of the point of how HV, SV, CV, & Base Construction was gone about, Coding-wise, was so that each Archetype could be built in a wide variety of ways for a wide variety of uses freely... aka these Systems are being built to be able to do a lot with a little. Also Game Balance & such with these Archetypes may well change down the road, who knows?

Exactly! Empyrion is taking the wise path & getting things working bit by bit first, THEN it can Populate a Galaxy with Quality! :)

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Real round planets might (!!!) be a topic of late 2017. No promise though, as there are still a lot of things to address until we can make the transition. This is not just wrapping the current maps in a different way.... ;-)

What is very likely to hit 2017 is the multi-solar system update. But same here: we are not there yet, as a lot of code work needs still to be done

Aeri, SilvRav, GoldDragon and 13 others like this.
  10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

MULTIPLE SOLAR SYSTEMS are coming this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I'm happy now!!! ;) Multiple Solar systems with brand new and I assume larger planets?
    Time to download some of Neals Star Trek ships because we're going exploring. Now we have something else to talk about.

Neal, Starwing6, rucky and 3 others like this.
  11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

IT would be cool if NPC factions and one or two new alien races are introduced with the Multiple solar systems .. I would love to see a Oversear home planet.

12. Tyrax Lightning

I would love to blow up a Overseer Home Planet! :p

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

lol I would too, those things are freaky looking .

14. eLLe

eLLe Lieutenant

My heart will not withstand this expectation. Heart attack on the road ...

15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

:)

See : I made them come out of their hole ! With good news !

@banksman45 : I'm on xp branch since before 6.0 non stop. I still have my expectations though. Who's talking about "empty" planets ?

@Tyrax Lightning : I don't know the "foundation" of the game code. Do you ? I'm sure you are speculating here...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Hummel can you give us a hint on how our ships will get to these other Solar systems like a huge Star gate that CVs could use or will we still use our Warp drives we have now?
    I know I pushing my luck but I had to ask. lol I would love to be able to Warp in this game and see stars and planets zoom by while seeing some cool Warp animations. It would also be nice if distance played a role in how long you stayed at Warp.

17. Hicks42

Hicks42 Lieutenant

This is why Flamethrowers mmmmkaaaay?

18. Tyrax Lightning

Speculating's about all I can do honestly since i'm no Code Jedi. I just figure perhaps the Devs have their Band Aid Fixes in & are trying to as often as possible Craft & Implement what can be a more fully functioning system instead of Crafting fancier Band Aids to replace worse Band Aids & then having to discard those Fancier Band Aids later, aka wasting time. Crafting fancier Band Aids is being limited to stuff that's so big a problem that it just couldn't wait, like when SVs were wtf owning CVs & forcing sooner need for Homers... or when we got the Weapon Balance Pass cause the PvP Crowd just couldn't let the Devs work & get stuff done & they wouldn't unglue from this insane idea that PvP has to be perfect & infallible in Implementation in EARLY ALPHA first, THEN the rest of the game can get worked on... o_O *Facepalm*

I dunno if I wanna know where people would get the notion that having perfect infallible PvP in EARLY ALPHA would ever even be possible... ya might as well be asking a Shotgun to have 100% Lethality while the only part of it that's gotten done getting Crafted thus far is its damn Handle. *Glances at the Hadcore PvP Crowd as if I think they have screws loose in their head*

Patience dude... it'll come in time. :)

Edit: Typo fixes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  19. Azirahael

Azirahael Lieutenant

AS long as the texture painter is consistent.

I find, if i have a wall of concrete, with a steel block in the middle, if i paint the marble pattern across the concrete, it changes to a grill when i hit the steel.
    And then i switch to another pattern for the steel.
    And if i miss, and hit the concrete, it's now carpet.

Or whatever.

One texture for all would be good.

20. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

"Ask and you shall obtain" they say... Asking nothing is the best way to get nothing.

If planets are scaled up, I guess distances will also scale between space bodies, and I wish the speed cap will be pushed up a bit, at least in space. Having too many ships / structures in a tiny space creates rendering bottlenecks, thus putting distance between all objects should allow for more content overall, just less cluttered. I also guess that a higher speed cap would change noticeably the fight dynamics and this could in itself solve some recurring issues regarding ship building / armor / weapon efficiency, and also battle interest.

@banksman45 : asking is not "pushing your luck" unless it is openly stated that the developers don't want to be asked questions. I have a strange feeling that many here just hold back on questions because they fear some unwanted reaction from the devs, but frankly what advantage is there to keep silent on legitimate concerns ? In fact how could we blame anyone asking for infos or fancy features if the devs made it their trademark to respond and try their best to satisfy demands ? Did they suddenly change their minds ? I don't think so. And I think that in the long run, they get far more benefits than losses from feedback and community activity.

Sofianinho, eLLe, rucky and 3 others like this.