Alpha 6.7: Signal Logic Update, Hull Textures and "Road to Alpha 7"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 24, 2017.

1. michaelhartman89

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  2. Catilius

Catilius Ensign

Guys, all this are cool, but we want alternatibe sources of power!!! Make some looks like solar panels, just for space stations, pls!

3. AndyH

AndyH Lieutenant

The terrain stuff looks interesting, devs. Looks great.

The new texturing... well, nearly every one of the players on the server I admin spoke of bleeding eyes. I mean, its not bad and I do think it moves in a better direction. It's just too neat and gives a vibe of being fake or cartoonish, and does not mesh well with the great scenery you guys have made. It lacks a certain charm or character that the old metals had. Sorry I have no better way of describing it.

My biggest annoyance is the plain metal texture, and I think was by far the biggest contributor of the bleeding eyeballs comments. The texturing is there, but nearly microscopic and can't be seen unless you are nearly touching it with your eyeball. From any real distance, there simply is no texture and has the appearance of being a non-textured blob of color. It was so off that I thought it was a bug and mistakenly submitted a bug report about it.

Tyrax Lightning and Marty like this.
  4. michaelhartman89

This would however require this as well to cut back on loading an entire city of voxels...

Merge Blocks
    - Merge block feature to unify all blocks to one structure for creation of Non-POI city structures such as sky scrapers, markets, bazaars, cantinas, sky walkways, tram tunnels etc. to reduce the demand of rendering all individual voxels at once.

http://empyriononline.com/threads/mega-blocks-made-by-players.12439/

5. Furious Hellfire

Loving the new standard hull texture, should we maybe keep the previous version too as an option ?
    Or if it is still there I maybe missed it.

The mountains for 7.0 look absolutely stunning.

Great visual work.

6. Atisal

Atisal Ensign

hy... i like all but ... i have to retexture the complet Carrick Station on our server..
    The new texture is ... is... hmm i hate it... i prefer the old one.

please bring back the old texture i don´t want to retexture a 416x416x416m big station... (arround 236k block...)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. medicineman

medicineman Captain

Spheres Spheres Spheres for 7!!! Please these horrible planet barriers ruin the game for me. They break all immersion and make it impossible to enjoy the game for more than an hour at a time. The barriers gotta go!

8. michaelhartman89

Wow that's HUGE!!! Is it too big for a bp, or is it on the workshop

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  9. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

Thank you wery much for the higher mountains! I'm looking forward to see them in game.

Tyrax Lightning and Marty like this.
  10. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update - but I for the life of me can't understand why did you change the location of the old 'standard hull' texture? :mad: You just forcibly re-textured whole bunch of stuff - and I'm sure not all (me including) is happy having to texture them again. I would understand if the texture was the standard texture either for either steel, hardened steel or combat steel that got updated - but it's not! It's just an option that players could use - an option that still exists (thank you for that) - so that seems pointless to mess around with them.

Also, I like the new texture efforts - but for my personal taste you've gone from beaten up and rugged too much to the other end of the scale. Too clean and perfect. But that's a matter of personal preference, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks for the update - just change the old standard hull texture back to where it was and offer that new clean look as an option. It's a cool texture - I just want to decide myself when & where to use it :p Thanks! I'll go and play with SV/HV sensors now.

Oh and 7.0 planets look AMAZING! :eek:

11. Israel

Israel Ensign

Great now my sv class size 1 is now size class 2? I made that sv because my other sv's that were size class 1 went to size 3 or 2 with the last few updates.

From testing out the new blocks i'v noticed that all they did is add more triangles to each block so that the sv/hv gets less armor around it.

Why does Eleon keep nerfing sv and hv? Now it will look more like a skeleton ship.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  12. Atisal

Atisal Ensign

hy, no there is no BP. Only aviable on our Server. but atm the texture is terrible... :(

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Thank you for bringing the metallic textures back. Thank you for having the old texture in the texture gun. I was on the other side of the debate and wondered why we changed the metallic textures to the dull old beaten up ones in the first place. I know some will like it and some won't but I hope those who don't like it realize the original textures were metallic as well. Besides maybe taking a look at the combat steel texture, I think any more texture changes should be done via texture gun at this point. I think dull textures should exist as an option and the new clean textures should be standard because brand new ships should not look beat up and dull.

Tyrax Lightning, Kieve, Ravis and 2 others like this.
  14. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I understand peoples complaints about having to retexture or repaint their ships and bases but I think everyone has to realize until this game gets to Beta anything we build may have to be rebuilt, redesign or retextured at some point because this game is no where near finished. I have a feeling that there will be other updates in the future were certain ships or bases have to be redesigned . I think everything we build from now on has to be done knowing that there is a chance that it might have be rebuilt or changed in some way to fit in with a future update.

15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

They did not 'add triangles'. They adjusted the size class calculations so that it's more truthful now - the actual triangles. Triangles also matter more now in the size class in general. So they did not 'nerf' SV's or HV's - all size class calculations got tweaked.

Out of curiosity - how does the increase of size from class 1 to 2 make any difference? I had a CV that used to be size class 28. They adjusted the size class formula - it went up to 63. They tweaked it a little bit more - it's 78 now... does it make any difference? Not really. Unless you want to join a server with size class limit 77 :p

And if it's about server size class limits - then servers really should adjust their limits accordingly. What used to be size class 5 ship might as well be size class 10 (or even more) now.

16. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

That is expected and understandable. It's not a matter of if - but when. Things will change and break and require updates to work.

But this is just a silly minor thing that could have been done without changing anything. The old texture exists - if they would have just kept it in it's old place on the texture tool, and added a new polished one on a new spot, things would be ok ;) Instead they added the new texture in the place of old one - and put the old one into a new texture spot - and thus changing textures forcibly on countless builds. Just baffles me why to do it in such a manner :(

17. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I'm guessing it's because they really wanted the new texture to be the "default" metal texture that everyone reached for. If there was a console command to replace one texture with another, this would be a non-issue, but that's not something they've chosen to implement yet for whatever reason (and the lack of such commands is one of the motivating factors behind my blueprint tools project).

18. Israel

Israel Ensign

They obviously got nerfed. Not sure if your in denial and or making excuses for Eleons excessive nerf to sv/hv.

It makes a huge deference because now you've got to pretty much remove most if not all the blocks that are used for armoring the sv/hv against a one-shot kill. Perhaps its because your not on a pvp server or and don't build pvp ships? And build ships only to look pretty? I don't build ships to look pretty.

Right now i play on HWS server which has a class restriction of size class 1 for sv/hv on pvp so this makes a big deal.

19. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

If your armor consisted of a bunch of pyramids, like some PvP SV builds I've seen, then perhaps it's for the best (because it's ugly and probably exploiting a glitch in the way projectile collisions and damage are being calculated). If you've got a small SV, then your main advantage over everything else on the field is maneuverability. Don't get hit, and you don't need much armor :). Plus, if you look at most sci-fi, there's little reason to expect a small SV to be able to take even one shot from a CV-class weapon (consider all the X-wings taken out by turbolasers in Star Wars).

20. Israel

Israel Ensign

I concede that i am probably wrong that they added triangles but your in denial that the sv/hv, and bases, and capital vessels got nerfed. Its pretty obvious they did. Now a class size 1 means less blocks, less rcs, less, fuel tanks, less generators, less weapons, less of everything. This means they got nerfed get it?