Alpha 6.7: Signal Logic Update, Hull Textures and "Road to Alpha 7"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 24, 2017.

1. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

No, you're wrong. You can actually use more blocks now and still stay in size class 1

It's your use of whitespacing that's increasing your size. The new formula counts rendered triangles as they should be.

Edit
    Also, I don't believe the device limits per class were changed at all, so wrong on that count as well.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Israel

Israel Ensign

First off your comment about pyrmads being ugly does not matter. Your feelings about looks don't matter bud. Just because you don't like the way somebody's ship looks gives you no right to demand in any way what so ever that they be punished. Thats pathetic really.

And about exploiting a glitch what glitch?

3. Israel

Israel Ensign

I'm not wrong on any of it as far as i know because i never said they changed device count so this means your wrong and mistaken of what i said and of putting words in my mouth.

In terms of blocks i did say they added more triangles which i think i was probably wrong so i already admitted to that there is no need to keep talking about something thats already been resolved.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Did you not just say this....
    Device counts are the same, so they haven't limited your use of rcs/fuel tanks/generators/etc/etc.

And if you build with blocks that mesh together you'll see that your size class probably would have decreased allowing you to place more blocks (in most cases. Some builds will still increase slightly in overall triangle counts).

Tyrax Lightning, Sofianinho and rucky like this.
  5. Mortlath

Mortlath Lieutenant

It probably means the server needs to update its class size restrictions. Sizes are relative.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  6. Israel

Israel Ensign

Oh you mean using almost all square blocks? Yes this means you'll be rewarded for making cube ships. Which many people think are even more ugly then pyramid ships with design.

I guess the age of the Cube has arrived. xD Nice.....

7. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah, @Israel , this is what I tried to say. It's not Eleon that 'nerfed' SV/HV's - it's just the server if they choose to not update their size class levels accordingly.

Tyrax Lightning and geostar1024 like this.
  8. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Sure, you're entitled to a pyramid-covered ship if you want (aside from it now greatly increasing the rendered polygons). As far as I can tell, the motivation behind pyramid armor is to counter lag-shots (simply because the empty space makes it more likely that the projectile collision detection routine will end up deciding the shot hit outside your armor rather than inside the ship). To me, that seems like exploiting a glitch. Note that I do agree that lag-shots are a problem.

9. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Is that what I said? I don't think so.

I was specifically talking about your use of whitespacing. Am I wrong in assuming that your ship in question has multiple layers of armor? Are your internal layers also comprised of pyramids/ramps/etc/etc all in an effort to crate whitespacing?

Those internal layers (the ones that could be replaced with full blocks without changing the looks of your ship at all) are the ones causing your size to increase so much.
    I never said anything about building "cube ships". Ships can still have style. Stop with the whitespacing.

10. Israel

Israel Ensign

Yes i sure did but not the way your presenting it. By blocks i mean pyramid blocks because this is the way i build and this is why i then said "this means less rcs, less fuel tanks, less generators etc.." Because that is the truth. I wasn't talking about square blocks because i don't build with squares so its my fault i should have been more specific.

If i had said square blocks i would concede to you that i was wrong but i didn't say that. I think its because your used to building mostly with square blocks and i with pyramids. :D

11. Israel

Israel Ensign

Why even say that? Is that some kind of illegal thing? Or is this indeed just your opinion on how i should build? Because that really doesn't matter to me or to anybody who wants to build their own way.

12. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

YeaI noticed my CV that was a class 10 and some how it jumped to class 30. Oh well that is why I play single player and build what I want . There are still a few servers out there that allow you build any type of ship you would like. If I do play MP it's on those servers.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  13. Mortlath

Mortlath Lieutenant

When servers upgrade to 6.7, they should update their restrictions as well. One can't expect to run a server of an alpha game and never make adjustments.

Tyrax Lightning and banksman45 like this.
  14. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

"Work in Multiplayer" is just a matter of both the server and client having the same files. Als the handmade planets will be part of the default installation, so yes!

What your question encompasses: will CUSTOM (user created) worlds work in MP (both handmade or procedural) > we are looking into an improvement of the current handling. Due to the filesize, sync might be easiert for the procedural worlds at first.

Tyrax Lightning and Sofianinho like this.
  15. Random

Random Lieutenant

I love the possibility of making designed planets and the pictures look awesome. Looking forward to more informations about 7.0!!! YAYYY!!!

But:
    Then why not just do print the heightmap based on the algorythm to a file (only when creating a new game)? This whole chunk stuff isn't necessary to create procedurally generated maps... it's not "infinite" terrain like minecraft where there is no way around using it. Wouldn't the ingame performance be the same as with the handcrafted terrains?
    No criticism just curiosity ;)

16. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Captain

I just dont get your problem. class 1 is laughable in the first place, even by PvE standards, and it can very easily be adapted to the new standards. Thats nothing about "nerf" but about just a new, finer grain of description of the computational power your ship needs. The devs are the wrong adress to complain about this, responsible for your problems is the server admin.

Tyrax Lightning and Mortlath like this.
  17. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

those guns are so gorgeous -- would be nice to put up a weapons locker on the wall as a display of one or more items - like the armory in Men in Black or item frames in Minecraft. my walls need some cool stuff.

18. Hummel-o-War

You can have fixed and procedural planets in the same savegame, yes.

19. Hummel-o-War

For the handmade planets, this is at least much easier to achieve, as we could place rivers and roads. Caves is a fully different topic, tbh.

20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I 100% agree!!! Server admins have make adjustments. I wonder will the devs at some point maybe in Beta revisit Ship Classes and Ship sizes in this game and work on making Multiplayer more big ship friendly.
    I don't think they should leave it like this, I understand the limits and the class system while we're in alpha but I think at some point in Beta heavy optimizations of this game have to take place with the focus on trying to fit bigger more detail ships and bases in MP. Seeing massive ships and structures in a MP goes a long way into continuing to grow this community in my opinion.