Alpha 6.7: Signal Logic Update, Hull Textures and "Road to Alpha 7"

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 24, 2017.

1. rucky

rucky Captain

I quote you one last time
    I had that already quoted.
    And in your last message you said one right thing:
    So yes, your ship got nerfed (in your sense), does that mean, all other ships, bases, whatever obviously got nerfed too?
    This I proved is wrong.
    There exists designs that won't blind other's mire mortal eyes with their magnificense in such a way and therefore didn't got nerfed such.
    Ask your Server admin(s) to increase the class limit or change the design. That's it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Israel

Israel Ensign

Again here i'm talking about pyramids not square blocks. So stop assuming that i'm talking about square blocks because i'm not.

I don't think your getting this passage. Second i never said the device count got changed. I was talking about pyramids and thats it and in that regard if you use only pyramids like i do on my ships all of the above devices get even more limited with this new update period. So this means that you are wrong. :]"

I'll just point out the facts period. If you disagree with this then it is logical for me to assume that you are going out of reality and relying on your feelings and your biases rather then the truth.

1. Pyramids make it so that devices are more limited to use. Not that you can't use them just that their more limited compered to square blocks for example. So this means that it is harder to stay under size class one with pyramids as compered to square blocks thats just a fact.

2: Pyramids raise your class size faster then if you were using the same amount of square blocks. Thats another undeniable fact. Thats why building with pyramids limits the amount of devices you can use as compered to square blocks thats just a fact.

So see why i wasn't wrong and you are? I'v never said all ships and bases got nerfed because i was specifically talking about structures made almost exclusively with pyramids not all the rest of the shapes a block can make. Now lets talk about bases, capitals vessels and anything built with pyramids then yes they got nerfed. I'm not talking about structures that only have a few pyramids but structures that are almost entirely made of pyramids. These specific structures got nerfed because of the kind of blocks they were using which are pyrmads. And thats a Fact.

3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Try picking it up and placing it down again over and over until they return.

The templates in the furnace have been disappearing on me at random ever since the furnaces were introduced. This seems to be the only fix.

I can't find a cause to the issue. It has been reported quite a few times, but since it can't be reproduced it's not been fixed.

Personally, I still believe the furnace shouldn't have templates at all. It only has one task, process ores into ingots, it should do this automatically as soon as I put the ores in. I shouldn't need to click 1000 times to tell it to do it's only job. It's not like it can construct anything. It should also have a larger storage and larger output panel. Right now it's better to use 2 advanced constructors instead of one furnace, IMO.

4. rucky

rucky Captain

NOW you're talking about Pyramids. Not from the beginning of your and of my conversation.
    And yes, with Pyramids you're probably right with your Assumption, but not, how you had written it!
    Pyramids? No.
    Pyramids? No.
    Pyramids? No.
    Pyramids? Yes, but it's here about "aesthetics", doesn't matter for the debatte, or?
    Still no Pyramids...
    perhaps one could read in a crystall ball here, that you ONLY talk about Pyramids...
    nada...
    YES, that MY reply! before that, No mention from you that you only talk about Pyramids...

Shall I go on?
    Yes, somewhere LATER you mentioned Pyramids, because I already have proven you that your first generalisations were wrong.

5. Israel

Israel Ensign

Seems you only see what you want to see and not the truth.

I guess you conveniently didn't see this? haha:
    Yes i sure did but not the way your presenting it. By blocks i mean pyramid blocks because this is the way i build and this is why i then said "this means less rcs, less fuel tanks, less generators etc.." Because that is the truth. I wasn't talking about square blocks because i don't build with squares so its my fault i should have been more specific.

If i had said square blocks i would concede to you that i was wrong but i didn't say that. I think its because your used to building mostly with square blocks and i with pyramids. :D

6. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I love that massive arch in the background, with the skyscrapers hanging off it. City planners must've been like;
    "Well crap, we ran out of room. Where do we build now?"
    "Screw it, we'll make our own ground!"
    Awesome.

Also, anyone bitching about the new textures:
    [​IMG]
    Fight me.

7. AndyH

AndyH Lieutenant

@rucky I don't know why your even bothering with that guy. He's either hopeless or a troll. I'd suggest moving on to something worth your time.

8. Israel

Israel Ensign

Oh now you admit that i was talking about pyramids well duh i have posted this in reply to you like 5 times?: "Second i never said the device count got changed. I was talking about pyramids and thats it and in that regard if you use only pyramids like i do on my ships all of the above devices get even more limited with this new update period. So this means that you are wrong. :]"

How could you not get that i'v been talking about pyramids all along unless your trolling me and indeed your a very bad troll. xD

Would you like another whopping Sir? :D Or is like 4 already enough?

9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

10. michaelhartman89

10 of us building for a couple weeks and we could build something like this or recreate it easily. I was trying to empathize the need for roads, tunnels, plants etc for creative and found this which incorporates quite a few of those :)

11. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

12. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Ensign

Could be interesting...

13. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Captain

Doesn't symmetry work on the texture tool now? That would at least help.

14. Atola

Atola Commander

Capture.PNG
    Why does the triangle count have a "/" in the middle of it? When you look at the main panel.
    It looks like only the second number is displayed in the Factory.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  15. Atola

Atola Commander

Is there a formula for the relationship between triangle count, device count and class size somewhere?

Ok did a quick google search.. is this still correct?

https://eleon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000605465-SIZE-CLASS-How-is-it-calculated-

Using the numbers from my previous post (just up one) and ASSUMING the formula is still correct, the class size is using the first or the possible the larger of the two numbers. HOWEVER the second or the smaller of the two numbers is what is shown on the blueprint, as the first number rounds to class 5 and the second to class 4 and class 5 is shown on the blueprint, shown below.

Is this a bug or am i missing something? Depends on if the formula is still correct i suppose.

Capture.PNG

16. Atola

Atola Commander

Verified fixed!
    Thanks!

17. Jacoviz

Jacoviz Commander

Can anyone explain to me how to use the texture tool simmetry plane?

18. rucky

rucky Captain

You just don't see, when you're generalising (what you've done literally dozends of times in this thread), you make your statement wrong!
    If you had, from/at the beginning, said, that your Pyramid-Ship got nerfed, you were right about that, but that propably hadn't interested so many (at least not me).
    Generalisation as an instrument to strengthen your point is just plain wrong in itself.
    Yes, I'm still exactly this opinion.

It's the same that "cube ships" will be the new Meta in Empyrion. You were overreacting and ... wrong. (I already provided examples of definitively NOT block shaped / cube ships that were not nerfed but buffed through these changes!)

Just a tip, learn to argue with your full arguments and refering to your opinions, not talking one and generalising for anything and anybody, because this way it can get the other way round like you've seen here!

Your special pyramid-SV-design got nerfed. Not ALL SV/HV/CV/BA-Designs got nerfed (that was how you wrote it, shall I again quote you? Or was there a silent Pyramid inbetween?).

It's like I'm argueing "Only at red pedestrian lights one can go across the road!"
    It's wrong. Even if I later mention I'm color blind and for me these colores are switched.
    That does not make the first statement more correct.
    I have to say "I'm colorblind, therefore I have to go across the road only when the lights are red as seen for/from me".
    (that's only an perhaps bad example for illustration purposes)

19. Atisal

Atisal Ensign

HY... yes it works but, the station is too big, Arturius1967 and me was working over 4 months on it. Now we can start again with texturing the complet Hull and Interior Texture. Thats really annoying. Its ok to add more textures but we, the players, should have the posiblity to choose which texture we use.. not to overwrite things.

and the station is not the only huge building what i have, Kaas City, Kuat Drive Yards etc... and now i can´t finish it. Have to retexture all...

Screenshoots before
    Link

Screenshoots after
    Link

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  20. Quarior

Quarior Ensign

Little question : Is planned to set the height of clouds and atmosphere because if we can set the height of atmosphere, we can make gas giant (we need gravity/orbit mechanics). Also the radius of the planet/moon can edit in sectors because why a type of planet/moon have a static size ? But if the size in sectors isn't specific, the size in playfield is use, also, we can set procedural parameters like gravity, radius or atmosphere density like :
    Code:
    Gravity = [-9.81, -6.3] #m/s^2
    Radius = [14362.4, 24689.453[ #m
    AtmosphereDensity = ]1.23, 1.78[ #kg/m^3