Alpha 7.0.3 / 7.0.4: Patch

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 24, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix: October 29, 2017 - Alpha 7.0.4 (Build 1309)

Client-side only update!

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: Problem with invisible walls and sudden teleporation of vessels when leaving cockpit

------------------

Hotfix: October 25, 2017 - Alpha 7.0.4 (Build 1308)

Changes:
    - Updated MP default scenario:
    * Tweaked space playfields of starter planets so that they now have same type of resources as SP default setting
    * Added own space playfield for Sienna starter planet
    - Tweaked template of Flak Turret CV (reduced amount of Zascosium Alloy)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Several internal errors reported on support email and found in logs
    - Fixed: Problem that some seeds could cause an error when starting a new game

------------------

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We released another patch for Alpha 7 where we added the possibility to change the placement of a blueprint via Page Up/Down and Home/End keys. Moreover, we integrated a snap-to-surface mechanism for CV placed on a BA and for HV/SV placed on a BA or CV. Finally, we increased the Auto Miner operation depth from 50m to 100m and we fixed several bugs.

Please continue to report new and recurring bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-7-0.21957

Changelog: Alpha 7.0.3 (Build 1306)

Changes:
    - Allow to change distance (HOME/END keys) and height (PAGE UP/DOWN keys) of the blueprint spawn box relative to the player
    - Add a “snap to surface” for CV placed on a BA and for HV/SV placed on a BA or CV.
    - Increased Auto Miner operation depth from 50m to 100m
    - Tweaked deco on Omicron Oasis: reduced density of some plants
    - Updated EAH Server Tool

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Auto Miner did not work on indestructible terrain
    - Fixed: Ore deposits still appeared for 2nd player when another player has fully mined a deposit.
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes it was impossible to connect to a playfield on a dedicated server
    - Fixed: Internal errors when AI turrets fired on AI vessels in certain use cases
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions (eg exceptions that might cause severe problems on pf servers)
    - Fixed: Wrong starting positions for Creative "empty" modes
    - Fixed: Error reported in support email "Build 1304 #00000"
    - Fixed: Error reported in support email "Build 1304 #4D97D"

Hotfix: October 24, 2017 - Alpha 7.0.3(Build 1307)

We just released a small client-side update to fix the problem with HV drills that could not mine the underground resources.

===========

For your convenience, we copied the update notes for the other patches we did in the last days from the bottom of the Alpha 7 announcement to this thread:

Hotfix: October 21, 2017 - Alpha 7.0.2 (Build 1304)

Client-side only update:

Regarding the problem when spawning a large CV, we increased the max allowed distance between structures (e.g BA and CV) from 1.25 to 3.5m. This workaround should facilitate the BP placement. However, we will properly fix it in Alpha 7.1.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem with spawning large CVs on a BA platform
    - Fixed: Exception email contains different hash codes for same exception

------------------

Hotfix: October 20, 2017 - Alpha 7.0.2 (Build 1303)

We have read about your reports regarding the texture resolution for PCs with low RAM and consequently we now force half-resolution textures only if your RAM is below 8GB (before RAM < 10GB). 8GM of RAM is the minimum system requirement stated on our Steam store page.

Please note that the game can easily crash if you do not have enough RAM and the texture resolution is set too high. For example, starting a New Game on Akua Creative already allocates 4.6 GB of RAM. If you fly around a bit, the RAM consumption rises to 5.5GB. In this case, you can get in trouble quite easily if you have other programs running in the background .

Nevertheless, in Alpha 7.1, we will add the possibility to overrule - on your own risk - the texture restriction when you have less than 8GB of RAM.

Changes:
    - Force half-resolution textures only if RAM < 8GB (before RAM < 10GB)
    - Show emissive of textures in texture tool preview
    - Later culling of underground resource rocks

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Several random errors that appeared quite frequently (reported on support email and found in logs)
    - Fixed: Problem that HV drills (mounted + turret) did not remove surface rocks > we now added a special drill mode similar to hand-held drill to remove these rocks

------------------

Hotfix: October 19, 2017 - Alpha 7.0.1 (Build 1302)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that "Change & Rotate" icon appeared over the ammo counter for weapons & tools.
    - Fixed: Problem that HV failed to stabilize (roll/yaw) when firing weapons and instead locked the current angle
    - Fixed: Problem with CV starter block (it had only a core)
    - Fixed: Problem when a server was using EAH Tool
    - Fixed: Problem with health bar of a structure in CP (was gone as soon as structure got damaged)

Changes:
    - Added arrow to SV and HV starter blocks to better indicate main flying direction

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Jackall

Jackall Commander

Hope this fixes the playfield exceptions we've been getting.

3. eLLe

eLLe Commander

I'm just interested in considering the possibility of rotation blueprint before spawn ...

4. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

we also have one playfield acting badly kicking players from time to time

5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Sounds good to me!! thanks Devs

6. Maddoc

Maddoc Ensign

OK, Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Steam tools are not showing dedicated server updates available past 7.0.1, and I don't see anywhere in EAH to do version updates at all. Is some manual SteamCMD process needed now, or are the updates through 7.0.3 all client side (because that updated fine)?

--- So to answer my own question, it appears that the EAH automatically updates the server to the new version on a restart. It doesn't show any updates in Steam, even if that was how the server was installed initially.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. Scott.Ward

Scott.Ward Commander

Hope you have a hot fix coming ... msgInternalErrorOccured trying to start my client (files have been verified).

rebooot ... reverified, it started up this time.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  8. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

I gotta be honest, 7.0 feels like it was rushed without testing/fixing a lot of game breaking bugs...

Kassonnade likes this.
  9. Dr. Harambe MD

Dr. Harambe MD Lieutenant

7.0 going live has made it literally impossible for me to play anymore. I'm not sure what exactly is the problem, but it seems like ever since the "optimizations" were implemented it's had a reverse effect on my system. 1 in 5 times I'm even able to connect to the MP server I play on, it takes literally 10 minutes to get on. Then, it's running so poorly that I'm getting 1 frame every 5-10 seconds. If I try to open up a menu or access a device, the game freezes and stops responding. Now, my PC is pretty poor considering the minimum requirements, but I had no problems at all running the game prior to 7.0 going live. I played on the experimental branch from the day 7.0 was released on that, with no problems. I can't afford to upgrade my system, so it looks like Empyrion is going on the shelf for now.

10. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Captain

Test a new single-player game to evaluate the engine changes first. Drop all visual option sliders if needed. Is your PC under min spec requirements, or does it just meet them? Have you tried a default starting planet playfield (like Akua), or is your MP game on a custom or advanced playfield? Of those available, default Akua appears to behave the best.

nexus_absolute likes this.
  11. Mireru

Mireru Ensign

Try forcing DX9 when you launch? When 7 was in experi, I'd get freezes and crashes every few minutes, but the switch fixed it instantly.

12. ExPLiCiT

ExPLiCiT Ensign

I can't get my CV to spawn at all now. I am on the Official US Server on Valea.

I have made my platform a lot bigger but it doesn't seem to help. Does the platform have to be bigger than the box outlining the ship?

13. Guru

Guru Commander

From this release AND 6.0 *sigh* Getting old having to admin issues that shouldn't be there in the first place. I understand there will always be bugs, but ones that persist for months and even over a year that are massive issues just shouldn't still be around after that long. I'm not sure about other servers out there, but we are keeping our eyes open for other options at this point. The vast majority of these issues could easily be resolved if Eleon would just stop rushing everything out too darn quickly and not releasing them until they are in a better state.

Westworld likes this.
  14. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

@Guru

As much as we always like to say keep everything polished, I think one of the draws is that this game gets features at a fairly quick rate compared to some devs, even if they aren't the features that are most needed.

nexus_absolute likes this.
  15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Question:

To make five of the basic, unguided 130mm MSL Rockets used by an SV needs 20 Steel Plates, 1 Electronics and FIFTY Promethium pellets. Surely that's an extra unintended zero on the end there.

For comparison, the HV's guided Rocket (135mm H-MSL) requires: 25 Steel Plate, 5 Cobalt Alloys and just 5 Promethium Pellets. I just wiped out my Promethium reserves making a load of the basic Rocket for a Drone base assault! lol.

It this intended?

Scoob.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  16. Kosmic Kerman

Kosmic Kerman Lieutenant

It would be great if it wasn’t.

17. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

@Scoob, that's a ton of Promethium all right. The unguided rockets are my favorite loadout so I hope that this is changed.

old_guy likes this.
  18. 68plex

68plex Captain

You guys rock! Thank you.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  19. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

Agreed! I thought that I was doin' it wrong.

68plex likes this.
  20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It does seem somewhat excessive doesn't it? I suspect it is indeed a typo. I think that as Promethium is both the Propellant and Explosive element then the amount required needs to be based on this. I.e. for a batch on non-explosive rounds a Single Promethium Pellet might be enough. However, is said round added explosive damage to its stats, then it'd take two Pellets for example. The guided Rockets only enhancement over the basic Rocket is the guidance system, so more electronics & tech makes sense, more Pellets do not.

Just wish I'd noticed before queuing up a load of Rockets :)

I wonder if this is bug report worthy? I mention it here as it's sort of a balance / oversight issue I think.

Edit: I added this to the bug report thread, though not strictly a bug as such so I didn't do all the usual seed / severity / steps to reproduce etc.

Scoob.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017